Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help!

potatoman

Hi All.

I hope this is in the correct subforum.

I have a problem with a 99 altezza, yamaha beams that I bought a week ago....

The car was looking and driving well when I got it at first, but then something happened after a couple of days, when I put the foot down leaving a junction something happened with the engine, it "got stuck" at 4,000 revs and wouldn't come back down, the engine management warning light also came on.

No matter what gear, even when I put it in neutral or pulled over and stopped. I had to turn the ignition off because the revs just weren't coming down, when I restarted it it was fine.

Now this has happened again, a total of 5 times in the week that I have had the car, I brought it back to the dealer and he said his mechanics connected it up to the computer or whatever it is that reads it in. He told me that the computer said there was something wrong with the throttle body so they took it out and cleaned it down because it was a little dirty. He also told me that when they reconnected it to the computer after cleaning it down and the computer said it was fine. But it's after happening again. (The dealer seems dodgy and I don't know whether to believe anything he says).

So just to explain the problem again....the very odd time when I put the fut down and give it a little power (as in maybe 4,000ish revs) something happens and it gets stuck at 4,000, have to pull in and turn the ignition off. The warning light comes on when it happens but goes away when I restart.

Can anyone help here?

Has it happenend to anyone?

Is it a known problem with altezzas?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same thing twice with my IS200 found out I had jammed the Throttle Pedal down with the mats that tend to slide down now and again.

Stupid I know but check it out before you waste any money, the Mechanics could have been trying to rip you off :shifty: there is nothing evident to prove the cleaning of the Throttle Body was required.

Just my Thought, Good Luck on the problem if not summit that Simple :)

I had the same thing twice with my IS200 found out I had jammed the Throttle Pedal down with the Mats that tend to slide down now and again.

Stupid I know but check it out before you waste any money, the Mechanics could have been trying to rip you off :shifty: there is nothing evident to prove the cleaning of the Throttle Body was required.

Just my Thought, Good Luck on the problem if not summit that Simple :)

my wifes Hyundai had a similar issue, only this was the clutch playing up for months..Hyundai couldnt find it..they re greased the linkage, replaced a few springs and whatever.. no joy... i found it in the end..

pedal catching on the drivers mat which was loose..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links