Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oil For Rs200

Parf

Hi

Ive got a manual Altezza RS200 and when i bought it the oil had been changed as it was very clean. With this oil I never lost any. When I changed it last time I put Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 fully synthetic in it and it seems to be using it. Ive searched for leaks and cannot see a single drop under the engine.

Im thinking of changing the oil grade to a thicker one so hopefully it wont burn off so much. I see on Castrols site they recommend EDGE 0W-30 for the Altezza. Has anyone tried this oil in their car.

Also can anyone give me a quick lesson on what the oil grades mean?

Thanks

• 5 years later...

Hello Chaps,

I guess reading the above 0w30 will probably be fine to use?

I've got 4 botttles of 4L 0w30 Castrol Edge that I'm looking to use on our 2 Altezza 3sge's.

Been using 5w40 & 5w30 more recently with no problems.

I change oil & filter on the 2 cars every 6months/6k miles.

• 2 months later...

Wholy thread dredge batman...

Castrol Edge 0W30 is one of Castrol's better oils. There are a few different variations though FST, A5/B5 & LL II. FST is well suited to the 3SGE the others are a bit on the thin side as they're designed for improved fuel economy. I would avoid 40 weight oils in the 3SGE unless it's turboed, you live in a very hot cliamte or attend track days. Speaking from experience they sap power & have a negative effect on VVTi performance (I tried Edge 0W40).

I run Motul 300V 5W30 in mine & I'm at 150K km (93K m). Have also tried Edge 5W30, (JDM)Takumi 0W30 & Mobil1 5W30. I might try Motul 8100 X-clean 5W30 next service as 300V is a bit of an overkill but it's amazing stuff.

Ideally you want a 0W30, 5W30 or 10W30 with a Viscosity at 100°C of 11cSt or higher & HT/HS of 3.1 or higher (3.5 is perferable) for optimal performance in the 3SGE. Mileage doesn't really come into it.