Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locked Out!

Hi Everyone

Can I ask for some advice please?

I managed to very cleverly lock my (one and only) key in the boot of my Lexus IS200 yesterday, and so far even the AA chap couldn't get into my car! Apart from breaking glass has anyone got any suggestions (polite ones, please)?

signed: Stupidly Stuck from Uxbridge!

have you tried a wire coat hanger down inside the window if your very carefull you can do it without pulling the door back and get someone to guide you from the otherside to the lock or if long enough reach the boot leaver

ive done this loads of times

have you tried a wire coat hanger down inside the window if your very carefull you can do it without pulling the door back and get someone to guide you from the otherside to the lock or if long enough reach the boot leaver

ive done this loads of times

Thank you so much, what a brilliant idea (obviously I haven't tried it, but will do now).

Thanks again, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I did the same once. AA man used little inflatable pads to hold open the door seal, then used that thin plastic strapping you get on parcels to flip the boot catch.

I did the same once. AA man used little inflatable pads to hold open the door seal, then used that thin plastic strapping you get on parcels to flip the boot catch.

The AA man who came out last evening didn't try that, perhaps he didn't have them?

Thanks for this tip, though, I'll have to see if I can find something similar and perhaps 'have a go' myself.

The AA man who came out last evening didn't try that, perhaps he didn't have them?

Thanks for this tip, though, I'll have to see if I can find something similar and perhaps 'have a go' myself.

It was few years back but they were about the size of a mouse mat and inflated by hand. He said it was the only way to get into an IS.

plastic box strapping folded over .... or the plastic strapping around bales of concrete blocks .... any construction sites nearby?

Thanks for this suggestion.

No, there aren't any construction sites near here that I am aware of, but I'm sure we can get hold of some from somewhere.

Thanks again.

just hope you havnt dead locked the car when locking it pushing the lock button on the fob dead locks the car

Oh s**t, I hope I haven't too! I'll soon find out, another AA chap is with the car now, though the car is 'parked' near some shops and not near where I'm working, so I won't know until my daughter calls me.....!

Already had one parking ticket, goodness knows how many I have waiting for me now! (I left a notice on the car to say why it was left and the traffic warden removed the notice before taking his picture, some nerve!!!!

It was few years back but they were about the size of a mouse mat and inflated by hand. He said it was the only way to get into an IS.

I'm keeping everything crossed that this isn't the only way nowadays ......!

Im afraid it is as thats what they told me too.

Bloody traffic wardens...should of taken a pic with the note on the windscreen b4 you got the ticket that way you would of had some form of defence when appealing.

Im afraid it is as thats what they told me too.

Bloody traffic wardens...should of taken a pic with the note on the windscreen b4 you got the ticket that way you would of had some form of defence when appealing.

I know, I was furious when I found out. Still I have got that witness who saw him remove it! I'm going to appeal but as its my fault I don't think I'll have much luck!

:(

Probably not a good idea leaving a note saying can't move the car because the keys are in the boot :o , all it takes is someone to smash the window pull the boot release and be away with your motor :whistling:

If it's dead locked then you won't be able to smash the quaterlight it'll have to be a window big enough for you to get through so you can get at the boot release.

Good luck with it matey ;)

If the boot is deadlocked the boot release won't work........

Good point Wozza, looks like you'll have to pull the arm rest down undo the ski hatch :duh: (why call it that) and try and reach your keys through there if you can undo it from the inside, a very small child may come in handy for this :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links