Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Continuation Of Nitrogen Tyre Fill

Just thought I would include a thread I found on the web while googling something else tyre-related

The page was http://www.launch-control.co.uk/index.php

Following suit of professional Formula 1 race teams, and the engineers at NASA, more and more performance car drivers are waking up to the benefits gained from filling their car tyres with Nitrogen, rather than compressed air.

Nitrogen gas is dry, non-flammable, and non-combustible. It stabilises inflation pressures, meaning that instead of losing roughly 1 to 2 psi of pressure per month, it is possible for tyres filled with Nitrogen to remain at the correct pressure for over six months! This is because Nitrogen molecules are smaller than oxygen molecules, and therefore pass through the rubber up to 400% more slowly.

Ah ha - ah ha - ahahahahahaha.

How can something smaller pass through a porous material more slowly than something bigger?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links