Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Announcement Re: Jae Food

janey

Due to the lack of numbers/interest in the Lamb Roast and the caterers needing confirmation prior to the event (and as with the small amount of people we have at the moment it would cost approx £35-40 a head) the decision has been made to NOT go ahead with this plan as it just won't be viable.

My apologies to those who had put their names down.

As last year there will be an array of reasonably priced food stalls/vans and of course everyone is welcome to bring along their own bbq's and food if they wish.

Edited by janey

Halal I believe is the way the Lamb is killed to go along with certain faiths etc.

Tastes just the same mate :D

Sounds like a plan Janey, I was at a wedding recently where we had a hog (pig) roast.

Simply awesome !

(bear in mind even a big Lamb is smaller than a pig & 50 sounds a lot of people to feed from it)

Its exactly what Wozza says Rik and in fact going on the Halal meat I've been fed over the years it tastes even better :winky: (& thats not including the doners & shish's I've had from the local kebab shop)

£8 a head seems a lot for what basically seems to equate to one lamb sandwich and a bit of salad each?
thats what i was thinking are you sure there not bringing a whole flock inc sheppard :whistling:

I'm sure they can provide extra rolls just for you Stav :winky:

Quite simply we are also paying for a guy to cook & carve it and another guy to serve it - and have it all delivered to site (have you seen the size of the spits ?? - certainly won't fit in my car) and I for one don't fancy spending 3-4 hours slaving away cooking & carving :shutit:

What about Fish & Chips , as we are on the coast it will be fresh :)

I guess Mersea is far enough from Dungeness :whistling:

The cost of a portion of fish & chips is going to work out at about £7 a head ...possibly even more with the cost predicted to be rising between 23-50% over the next 12 months. But I can look into it and get if there's a majority not wanting the roast.

TBH my main thought on having the roast meant that we could all be in one place at one time together, beer in one hand food in the other chatting, having a laugh & bit of community spirit whilst someone else does the work.

£8 a head seems a lot for what basically seems to equate to one lamb sandwich and a bit of salad each?
thats what i was thinking are you sure there not bringing a whole flock inc sheppard :whistling:

I'm sure they can provide extra rolls just for you Stav :winky:

Quite simply we are also paying for a guy to cook & carve it and another guy to serve it - and have it all delivered to site (have you seen the size of the spits ?? - certainly won't fit in my car) and I for one don't fancy spending 3-4 hours slaving away cooking & carving :shutit:

What about Fish & Chips , as we are on the coast it will be fresh :)

I guess Mersea is far enough from Dungeness :whistling:

The cost of a portion of fish & chips is going to work out at about £7 a head ...possibly even more with the cost predicted to be rising between 23-50% over the next 12 months. But I can look into it and get if there's a majority not wanting the roast.

TBH my main thought on having the roast meant that we could all be in one place at one time together, beer in one hand food in the other chatting, having a laugh & bit of community spirit whilst someone else does the work.

Love the idea of beer in one hand and food in the other ....... but what about people that dont like lamb,could we not have some chicken also and there is bound to be some Veggie members. What are they going to eat?

Must admit I would like the roast.

Love the idea of beer in one hand and food in the other ....... but what about people that dont like lamb,could we not have some chicken also and there is bound to be some Veggie members. What are they going to eat?

Must admit I would like the roast.

Tough :P :lol: ....Only joking :winky:

I was going to speak to a couple of our resident vegetarians as to what they would like to munch on instead & I'm sure we could arrange for a barby with an alternative for those who have a severe dislike or allergy to lamb.

The menu looks good to me, so I'm in.

Your name has been added Mark :D

Good to see my Wozza style pm system is working :lol:

Im def up for it, please put me on the list - and also something vegetarian

I meat & 1 veg on the list :winky:

I'm hoping to be there but cannot confirm yet!

Therefore, dont put me down for any food, but with a bit of luck i might pop in sometime over the weekend.

K no probs, thanks for letting me know - will stop hassling you now :lol:

well im not a fussy eater so halal lamb sounds good to me anythink that tastes good and doesnt look like road kill is kool lol

what about a chinese take away van??

LOL I hope it won't look like roadkill....and I'm sure it will be very tasty :D

We had Indian t/away delivered to site last year and the main problem was people not remembering what they had ordered :lol: Again it is the problem of not everyone liking stuff...hopefully this way we should be able to cater for everyone :winky:

Hi Janey,could you put me down for 3 roasts (not all for me :lol:) and one for chicken,if thats ok.

My misses dose not like lamb.

How are you takin payment for this

Yep no probs :D

As soon as I have numbers & definates I'll let everyone have my paypal addy or bank details or addy for cheques :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links