Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae Food

Mr Mole

im 90% were gonna be taking a bbq cos were gonna be there for 2 whole days so its gonna be easier for us instead of eating rat burgers all weekend we'll be eating big dirty rib eye steaks and stuff,i can look into bringing a half oil drum bbq if anyones interested

Maybe we could all still 'work' together on this e.g if Aaron could get his hands on a large Drum BBQ then all we would need to do is bring some coal & everyone brings along what they want to eat/cook :winky:

TBH its a shame the roast didn't take off, but again it is the whole thing of not everyone liking the same thing as everyone else, at least this way you get to eat what you have chosen to eat and we will all be in the same place at the same time :D

If anyone did want to order take away over the weekend there is a Chinese Take Away and an Indian Restaurant in West Mersea

Lotus Kitchen: 01206 382263

Titash Indian Restaurant: 01206 381779

There is a small spar & a tesco express also in W.Mersea

The Tesco Superstore is 10 miles away at:

86 Church Road,

Tiptree,

Colchester,

Essex,

CO5 0SU

Colchester centre is 9 miles away which will no doubt have more food/provisions/beer if needed.

Maybe we could all still 'work' together on this e.g if Aaron could get his hands on a large Drum BBQ then all we would need to do is bring some coal & everyone brings along what they want to eat/cook :winky:

if theres enough people that would want it ill look into getting it cos it is fairly big and to get all the stuff(beer) were bringing will be a tight fit

if theres enough people that would want it ill look into getting it cos it is fairly big and to get all the stuff(beer) were bringing will be a tight fit

Thanks Aaron :D

Can all peeps please post their opinions as the last thing I'd want if for Aaron to lug this along and no-one makes use of it

• 2 weeks later...

the general idea this year is simplicity

the club will provide a barbeque

there will be a lighting ceremony each evening around (tba) pm

everyone will be able to use it to cook there own food

we will also provide a load of basic burgers for anyone who wants or has forgotten to bring anything with a minimal charge to cover costs approx 50p ! :D

free burgers will be available to anyone who brings another member of their family, be it a wife/husband/partner, child or mother in law :D

we will also provide a load of basic burgers for anyone who wants or has forgotten to bring anything with a minimal charge to cover costs approx 50p ! :D

free burgers will be available to anyone who brings another member of their family, be it a wife/husband/partner, child or mother in law :D

Genius idea, Will you require people bring coal along and lighters? (i'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter B) couldn't resist)

Genius idea, Will you require people bring coal along and lighters? (i'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter B) couldn't resist)

it will be a gas barby !

but we will let you light it :crying:

it will be a gas barby !

but we will let you light it :crying:

awesome, I like fire i do hahaha :shifty:

Please excuse my ignorance but won't there be food stands around?

Just speaking as someone who can't eat too many burgers without feeling ill! Lol. :)

Yeh there were quite a few food stands last year but a bit expensive? i paid £7.80 for a burger and a coffee and nearly choked when she said how much, and the burger looked like a squashed hedgehog wrapped in bread :whistling:

Please excuse my ignorance but won't there be food stands around?

Just speaking as someone who can't eat too many burgers without feeling ill! Lol. :)

Yeh there were quite a few food stands last year but a bit expensive? i paid £7.80 for a burger and a coffee and nearly choked when she said how much, and the burger looked like a squashed hedgehog wrapped in bread :whistling:

LOL love the 'hedgehog' description Chris :lol:

There is a 'food village' there this year which should provide more of a variety as well as an onsite canteen which will be doing breakfasts between 8 & 11am & dinners between 5 & 8pm for those who want them.

Plus the club BBQ will be lit each evening for you to burn what you brung :winky:

Will we need to bring our own cooking utensils or jsut wash up the ones provided, either way is fine with me as this saves me getting some disposable bbq's ?

What are ppl doing about breaky ? Thinking fry up but that needs quite alot of cooking surfaces at once. Maybe some cereal LoL.

Will we need to bring our own cooking utensils or jsut wash up the ones provided, either way is fine with me as this saves me getting some disposable bbq's ?

What are ppl doing about breaky ? Thinking fry up but that needs quite alot of cooking surfaces at once. Maybe some cereal LoL.

Mole is very kindly bringing BBQ utensils which I guess will need to be washed at some point

Brekky - you can either go over to the canteen between 8 + 11am saturday and/or sunday & have a full english (possibly have a cereal choice too) or guess if you want to bring bacon for the bbq & some bread you can have bacon butties, there will be a table specifically allocated for food :winky:

There is a 'food village' on site so I'm guessing you'll be able to get an array of grub at most times of the day or night