Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Button And Mpg

I seem to remember a few months back someone asking if the snow button improves MPG on motorway journies, someone then said they would try it and find out, so what I want to know is the results if it's been tried or if not if anyone's going to try soon otherwise when I go on my hols in a couple of weeks i'll give it a whirl ;)

Will give it a try at the weekend if i remember as i'm on holiday for 3 weeks so will be doing a few miles :)

are you off somewhere nice

:offtopic: All round wales for the first week, then i should be down Devon the second week looking at a few holiday homes as i want to buy one with my savings :whistling:

Will give it a try at the weekend if i remember as i'm on holiday for 3 weeks so will be doing a few miles :)

are you off somewhere nice

:offtopic: All round wales for the first week, then i should be down Devon the second week looking at a few holiday homes as i want to buy one with my savings :whistling:

very nice, north wales is great, but you cant beat devon and cornwall

I dont believe it ;)

trust me Pete it works :D

Get on the motorway/dual carriageway on a flat straight & level stretch at any stable set speed you like between 50 & 75.

(easy in an Auto as you have cruise control :winky:)

Make a note of the position on the dash of the mpg gauge. You must be at a stable set speed with no inclines etc.

Press the Snow button & watch the mpg increase :yahoo:

I use this a lot when motorway driving, set the cruise, push Snow & then get easy 5-6 mpg more :D

I think it was Stav that told me about it. It makes the throttle less responsive, and cuts full boost available to the

Supercharger, and gives better mpg. Love it !!!

Right well i'm off to Cornwall 320 miles ish so i'll defo be using the snow button on the M6, M5 and A30.

It won't say in the manual that this gives better MPG but stands to reason that it does as it cuts power and to cut the power it surely must pump less fuel through, maybe not that technically simple with all the computers but same principal. If it saves me even a enough for a pint when I get there then i'm happy, roll on a week on Friday(and yes I have replaced the wipers in advance of another typical British summer) :lol:

Cheers Guys :)

Totally agree Spikes I do Cornwall every year (not literally since I met the missus tho)

I started using this on my way to work (dual carriageway) and it did make the car more economical but then an ignition coil blew. May be just coincidence but then again, you're not really supposed to do 80mph in the snow are you?

I found it made a difference but only for a short time. once the engine settled after pressing the snow button, the mpg needle ended up sitting in the same place. :(

I have tried it a number of times, always with the same result, but my journey is not always flat/even.

Just my results, as others have mentioned they find it works.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

i tend to press it when im on the motorway and it does drop the mpg dial instead of showing 20ish mpg doing about 70-80mph it shows 30-40 mpg,but with mine not having cruise control it is hard to keep the speed level,but i like to feel it is dropping my mpg

I started using this on my way to work (dual carriageway) and it did make the car more economical but then an ignition coil blew. May be just coincidence but then again, you're not really supposed to do 80mph in the snow are you?

Anyone else experienced this, is it just coincidence or could it be something to do with the snow button on long trips, whats the furthest anyones been with it on :question:

I used it a bit round town but tbh although it does save 2-3mpg over the course of a tank round town at least it made acceleration and the general car feel lacking so for the sake of an extra coupe (25 rather than 22mpg) I didnt see the point and stopped using it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links