Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1998 With Satnav -unlocking Code Needed

Hi Glen and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch so please dont hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they dont go wrong that often.

So pleased we have been able to help you.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, appreciate this is an old thread but have to say thank you to everyone contributing to questions and solutions. I have recently joined the club basically so that I could have access to the wealth of knowledge and experience and am very glad I did. I have a 1 previous owner 1998 GS300 with the sat nav set up and have booked it in at the local Autoeletrix to have an FM Modulator fitted. I became concerned after stumbling across an article involving the security code and discovered that mine had one set but was not given to me by the previous owner. I have since managed to speak with him but the code given me does not work, 2 attempts made. I am therefore hoping that if I follow the procedure offers by Redsteve it will at least allow me to change the code. Will let you know how I get on.

Just a quick update. Today I recharged and refitted the Battery to the car and then set about following the instructions to reset the code. I am now beaming from ear to ear because it worked. I have everything back to normal but just in case the old memory suffers a lapse I have decided not to reinsert a code at this time. Once again much thanks to Redsteve and all other members who have kept the thread alive. 

Edited by PAPITO
Added an update.....