Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Climate Control Lights Flash On And Off (1991 Ls 400)

Help! I have just purchased a 1991 LS 400. When I start the car it takes several minutes before the climate control works. First, the climate control lights flash on and off intermittently before they finally stay on and the climate control starts to work normally. This is my first Lexus and I am seriously impressed with the car. I should be grateful for advice in respect of the above problem.

Help! I have just purchased a 1991 LS 400. When I start the car it takes several minutes before the climate control works. First, the climate control lights flash on and off intermittently before they finally stay on and the climate control starts to work normally. This is my first Lexus and I am seriously impressed with the car. I should be grateful for advice in respect of the above problem.

Hi and welcome. I think your problem is probably caused by the refrigerant being at too low pressure when you start up. The compressor will not kick in if the pressure is too low, so have your aircon checked at a regassing garage. Paul

Hi and welcome. I think your problem is probably caused by the refrigerant being at too low pressure when you start up. The compressor will not kick in if the pressure is too low, so have your aircon checked at a regassing garage. Paul

Hi Paul, thank you for the welcome and the advice. Much appreciated. I will try regassing the system and get back to you. Many thanks. Femi