Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To De-badge Or Not To De-badge, That Is The Question?

ahh bandit that looks fan fapping tastic, I may have to debadge mine when I come round to washing it next, any suggestions on how to get rid of the glue or is it just some elbow grease and a wash? (also awesome pic hong kong phooey is the man)

ahh bandit that looks fan fapping tastic, I may have to debadge mine when I come round to washing it next, any suggestions on how to get rid of the glue or is it just some elbow grease and a wash? (also awesome pic hong kong phooey is the man)

We used lighter fluid to get the glue off but took ages to do :blink: Not sure on what else to use though? There was a post by Rikos somewhere on here about removing sticky stuff with a few suggestions from members, so might be worth having a quick search for it to see what else people have used to get the glue off? :)

Edit: found it mate CLICK ME.

Bug and Tar remover works a treat.

If you take them off on a really or hot day, or even warm the glue with a heat gun on LOW SETTING or use a hairdrier (careful not to melt the paint mind!) that helps. Then skim under them with denal floss (or similar) and most of the glue should come off with.

May need a good polish of the area anyway afterwards, to remove any possible fading etc.

personally i think the 'LEXUS' and the 'IS200' badges look better below the fog lights. but leave the 'L' logo where it is above the boot lock.

What, like this?

Untitled-1.jpg

(Photoshopping is a bit crude, but ya get the idea!)

Each to his own I suppose, but I don't like that at all!

need to wait till weather dries a bit first :(, it's becoming really annoying as soon as I wash and polish it rains! It is one fine booty tho :P, on a seperate yet comical note had some "wide-boy" in a integra type-r try it on, was holding him up to 140mph (on a priv road ofcourse :innocent: )

on a seperate yet comical note had some "wide-boy" in a integra type-r try it on, was holding him up to 140mph (on a priv road ofcourse :innocent: )

An older one I assume? In a standard IS? Well ya did well. They are 40hp more and lighter, and top out at 145.

on a seperate yet comical note had some "wide-boy" in a integra type-r try it on, was holding him up to 140mph (on a priv road ofcourse :innocent: )

An older one I assume? In a standard IS? Well ya did well. They are 40hp more and lighter, and top out at 145.

yeah it was the older version, not the DC5. I was level upto 100 then it just pulled a little easier to 140 so i conceded, and yes my IS is standard (bar the asthetic touches).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links