Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Malfunction Lamp On

tys

Hi evry1.im new to the forums.i recently bought a x reg is200 se.a cuple days ago the MIL came on.does any1 knw what the most common prob mite b?is it worth me buying a obd2 scan tool of eBay? thanks for looking tys.

hi and welcome to loc... You need to find the codes as the light could mean anything...either pop into a garage (some will do for free but most charge) or get yourself an obd2 reader ..which will prob pay for itself anyway after 1st use.

Unless there is someone local who has one....but for 35 quid or less I'd get one anyway

Once you have the codes post them on here and there will be plenty of folks who can advise

thank for the quick response. does anybody think this would woul be suitible eBay item num.160270993863. jst as an idea i nearly ran my tank out of fuel the othe day and was drivn round bend quite fast.fuel light was on.i filled up to half a tank then the MIL came on while i was drivn home.jst andea as it mention in the owners manual that the light mite come on if tank is low.bt i reset the ecu light went of bt comes back on after 50miles or so.

Welcome mate, as advised get yourself areader, you can get a stand alone Reader/reseter pretty cheap, or a reader to plug into a laptop as well.

Then look here: Clicky

For the code and that'll tell you your problem.

Stav

hi everyone reader came 2day.yey!lol.and it works a treat.the code i got was p0420.according 2 my book it states" catalyst efficiency below threshold(bank 1)".does any1 knw how 2 fix this prob?

not the price they charge.lol.before light came on i had nearly run the car out of fuel.so mite be dirty fuel i the system or i changed my exhaust 4 a cat bac system so i mit have damaged the o2 sensor? anyone with any ideas?

i did read that somwhere bt they should in theory outlive the car.it mite have been the fuel i put in?it was shell unleaded bt who knws.im guna ave a luk under the car 2 nite 2 check the sensor cuz i jst unscrewed it without uncliping it!mite b that.

tink i found the prob!!the wire where twisted so i un-tangled them and also the joint on the cat jst b4 the last sensor was leaking.so ive sorted that and reset the ecu with my new reader wich is an ace bit of kit.

tink i found the prob!!the wire where twisted so i un-tangled them and also the joint on the cat jst b4 the last sensor was leaking.so ive sorted that and reset the ecu with my new reader wich is an ace bit of kit.

Hope it all works out for you :D

• 1 month later...

Hope it all works out for you :D

just wondering if it did?

glad to hear it mate, because i got the same code myself the other day.

got a print out from OBD11 CODES.COM.

and it said as much about the o2 sensor and/or a couple of other minor stuff.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

i've reset mine so here's hoping