Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport 1999 With Sat Nav - Stereo Upgrade

I have had my GS now for about 6 years, and only now I have found time to upgrade the system.....

Spec List:

Massive Audio Flatline OEM EQ

Lanzar Bass Enhancer

2 x 13" Focal Polyglass subs in custom 2.8 cu ft box

1 x Genesis Sub Ultra Amp

1 x Alphasonik 8" psw608 sub in custom 0.6 cu ft box - firing through the ski hatch

1 x Alphasonik 5 Channel Amp

1 x set of 6.5" ALphasonik Carbon Comps

1 x pair of 6.5" Alphasonik Carbon Mids

0 Guage wiring

2 x Batteries Stinger & Banner

1 x stinger split charge relay

Lots and lots of sound proofing....

At the moment i'm sound proofing and running wiring through, i'll be posting pics up on this thread probably tomorrow......

So far the experience has been good, in the fact the car comes apart fairly easy, compared to some of the European cars we have worked on......

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has integrated an audio system on a GS oem unit??

Is this the GS that you had at hot import nights in 2005?

the one that was a GS300 badges as a GS430?

Hope its been made a tad more tasteful than back then...

As far as intergration.. do you mean keeping the stock head unit? or the stock speakers plus head unit?

I'm using a Stinger relay

a secondary stinger Battery in the boot

front Battery Banner unibull 4 point Battery

Yes it was at Hot Imports... looking a bit low key now...

I'm keeping the stock unit as it has Sat Nav etc built in, which is why i'm using the Massive Audio Flatline... also have integrated Ipod connection which links through the Flatline, the base for the ipod is vehicle specific....

also using the nav tv video input into standrd screen, this will run the reverse camera....

Is this the GS that you had at hot import nights in 2005?

the one that was a GS300 badges as a GS430?

Hope its been made a tad more tasteful than back then...

As far as intergration.. do you mean keeping the stock head unit? or the stock speakers plus head unit?

Here are some pics of the back doors before and after:

New Stinger wiring has been thread through...... the way it's been done so that it can be revert back to standard if need be!

Image078.jpg

Image077.jpg

Image071.jpg

Image072.jpg

nice build up so far,i'm keeping a very close eye on this as i'll be changing the set-up in my GS once i get what one

i'm guessing you've made custom mounts from MDF,can you not just buy them? made to many custom mounts and i think my lungs are now filled with saw dust more than anything,lol

also,any more details on the OEM system being used as i'm not sure which way to go yet

I doubt there are of the shelve mounts for them...

They are easy enough to make from 18mm mdf......... I have not got round to the front ones yet but they are probaly smilar.

I'm using the Massive Audio flatline to run the system:

FLATINE

FLATLINE will convert your speaker level signal from either your factory standard amplifier or your OEM head-unit to a high quality, low noise pre-amp signal. Now hook up that I-PODTM or MP3 Player while still using your factory head unit and rock.

Speaker level inputs (300 Watts)

Remote controlled Input/Aux for I-PODTM or MP3 integration - Included

Selectable summed output

Built–In 9V line driver

Signal auto-sensing inputs and level matching controls

Input for woofer level control

http://www.osaka-autodesign.com/img/thumbs/1516.jpg

There are cheaper ways of doing it through using speaker to rca connections... but this also has a line driver/ipod etc built in and will give a better signal...

nice build up so far,i'm keeping a very close eye on this as i'll be changing the set-up in my GS once i get what one

i'm guessing you've made custom mounts from MDF,can you not just buy them? made to many custom mounts and i think my lungs are now filled with saw dust more than anything,lol

also,any more details on the OEM system being used as i'm not sure which way to go yet

I'll trace them out for you, and email them to you. just use 18mm mdf.. easy peasy!!

once i got the fronts done, probably on Friday... i'll let you know.

thanks for the info,would i be cheeky if i was to ask if i could borrow the original mounts once i get my GS so i can make the mounts up before i take the door cards off etc,i'll pay postage both ways

front A-pillars completed and fitted:

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

Sealed 0.6 cu ft box fitted for 8" Alphasonik sub firing through the centre arm rest:

DSC01763.jpg

Twin single chamber 2.8 cu ft ported to 35hz.. forming part of the boot build...

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

Next on the list wiring the headunit up to the Massive audio Flatline....

that is going really nice,with the massive audio flatline,do you get RCA outputs on it?

i've got all of my old ICE from the Skyline,and really want to put it all into the GS now but i just don't want to ruin the look of the centre console with the single din unit in,and end up with an odd looking dashboard,but it'd make the install a whole lot easier for me,with pretty much new wiring done for the car's ICE.

yes the flatline converts speaker inputs to rca out, and is also built in ipod connection and 9 volt line driver....

we have used similar products in high end cars such as Porsche and mercs etc.

Standard look with aftermarket system....

I have now had the oem Amplifier out, i think i have sussed the wiring of the factory unit.... on more of the popular brand of cars you can buy of the shelf wiring for uprating the standard system.... not on the GS though! :crying:

we'll get there in the end!!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, that's a nice job you've done there.

Not being hugely familiar with ICE, is that the original head unit still in the dash, and you've just upgraded the speakers and amps? Does the original still work (for radio) or does it only work with the iPod I can see fitted now?

Looks sweet though, you've obviously put in a lot of hard work and I quite like the fact it doesn't look too modded, wheels and chrome light strips aside...

Damn, that's a nice job you've done there.

Not being hugely familiar with ICE, is that the original head unit still in the dash, and you've just upgraded the speakers and amps? Does the original still work (for radio) or does it only work with the iPod I can see fitted now?

Looks sweet though, you've obviously put in a lot of hard work and I quite like the fact it doesn't look too modded, wheels and chrome light strips aside...

Yes i had to keep the origional unit, cos of the sat nav climate etc... i have integrated the ipod through the Massive Flatline...

I can still use the cd changer, radio, and have the added bonus of the ipod...

i have also put another Battery in the boot, for some extra power.... it sounds sweet!! will post up a video of it all working shortly..

I had a Nav-tv module fitted to the car before on the GS... but have now taken it out as i just wanted tunes in the car and no ps2, as i never used it...

if anyone wants to buy it of me then pm me... cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links