Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Is200 Sittin High At The Rear

ormi

hello fellow lexus owners,just a quick question i have a 1999 is200 which sits higher at the rear(i know its ment too) just bought a set of 40mm lowering springs :winky: just wondering when i fit them will it bring the car to a even stance or will it still sit with its a.s.s in the air?? :unsure:

cheers ormisideviewgp0.jpg

Umm, that IS looks mint and sits perfectly on suspension to me, why would you want to lower the back? You're hardly going to get pigeons roosting under those rear arches are you?

i was parked up next to a newer one and the stance seemed a lot better ie same high front and rear it made the car look alot better B) newplateoncarfzj2.jpg

to be honest would like it to be lower and slightly stiffer i use a lot of twisty smooth roads and feel a slight drop and a firming up would do it good?

Yep I've said this on many occasions, it doesn't seem to be supported by fact yet, but the pre 01 cars definitely ride a lot higher at the rear than the post 01 cars..........whenever I park next to one I'm really surprised by how high it is at the rear :o

With regard to evening out the height, I'm not really sure but I'm sure someone who's lowered theirs will know :winky:

Lexusis200-1.jpg

before

DSC00427.jpg

after tein basic coilovers, mine sat high at back too so i wanted to set the height myself this is -35 front -50 rear

glad i got the coilovers and did not break the bank

got them off eBay from mjd128 his shop is called ricerocket. cheaper than tein themselves!!

mines a 2000 on a w,and even with it lowered 40mm the rears still sat a little higher but you've got to understand all the weight of the engine is at the front and that dont help.

it dont bother me though :)

i'm thinking once its lowered it wont be as noticable if you know what i mean? :blush:

do you have any pics of your car coz i'm droppin mine 40mm too! :winky:

P,S cool rides your is looks the amazin really like the stance!!!

mines a 2000 on a w,and even with it lowered 40mm the rears still sat a little higher but you've got to understand all the weight of the engine is at the front and that dont help.

it dont bother me though :)

i'm thinking once its lowered it wont be as noticable if you know what i mean? :blush:

do you have any pics of your car coz i'm droppin mine 40mm too! :winky:

P,S cool rides your is looks the amazin really like the stance!!!

yeah ill send you some pics in a bit and you can see

Lexusis200-1.jpg

before

DSC00427.jpg

after tein basic coilovers, mine sat high at back too so i wanted to set the height myself this is -35 front -50 rear

got them off ebay from mjd128 his shop is called ricerocket. cheaper than tein themselves!!

Looks alot better matey...did you have the Geo done after you lowered it.? did it not throw the camber along way out?

Also nice wheels were did you get them from ...how much..which make.. :D

Lexusis200-1.jpg

before

DSC00427.jpg

got them off ebay from mjd128 his shop is called ricerocket. cheaper than tein themselves!!

Looks alot better matey...did you have the Geo done after you lowered it.? did it not throw the camber along way out?

Also nice wheels were did you get them from ...how much..which make.. :D

yea i got the geo done after by tyre place to the settings off here for the recovery and also some good advice from tony WIM

the wheels are 18" inovit 6 spoke with 225 40 18 tryes. got them from a place local with nankang tryes for £655 fitted and balanced. seem a good quality wheel, rays replicas basically. you can also get them on eBay.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links