Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1jz-gteing Is200

Well at last i have had time to get moving on the 1JZ conversion. Been working so much over the holidays i havent had anytime to get up to the garage (RB tuning) to start work.

Ross who owns RB tuning had already drained all oils and taken rad out so got the aircon rad out.

020920081344.jpg

Got front bar off and inlet manifold (what a pig it has soooo many wires/pipes going either into it or connected to it)

020920081345.jpg

020920081346.jpg

After a big of wigglen we got the engine apart from the gearbox

020920081347.jpg

Then jacked it up to get the gearbox out (which is pretty light and small after the bellhousing)

020920081348.jpg

020920081349.jpg

Took wire loom out, was going to try and not cut it but theres just to many wires going blooomin everywhere.

Managed to keep all the FCON wires together with all the sensors etc

020920081350.jpg

Overal a good first day, working rest of the week so not going to get much more done, but hopefully next week after stuff is ordered and arrived and ive picked up the 1JZ work can really get going :D

• Like 1

Another one bites the dustaahhhh....

LOL.

Looking good mate. I remember doing all that on my own when I started my swap and so many times I thought, "What am I doing here, I must have lost the plot!"

Glad to see you going ahead with it. I will deffo be keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers guys, Gav you said to use the GS300 mounts but ive been told to use the IS300 mounts from the guy whos got that monster 1300hp jobbie in Aus, so think i might go with his, he said the back of the engine sits 20mm from the fire wall which is nice and close keeping the engine far back.

Dan im using the earlier 1jz that uses twins but going for a big ish single, looking for 450-500 fly as thats all the race series is going to allow next year.

Gonna keep things nice and simple minimal wiring etc only problem is dont think i'll have ABS which could be interesting in the wet :crybaby:

I'll keep things updated as we go along.

Also got a company looking at the cars and they do some really good flexy fibre glass, he brought round a sample today it was only 1 layer thick and was really flexy so looking into getting some stuff made up bumpers etc, o yeah they do carbon fibre as well for those who are interested in that ;)

why didnt you remove the engine with the gearbox, would have been a hell of alot easier....a whole lot easier

It was easy enough this way. Only reason we didn't is cos we didn't think it would fit out with the cross member there.

Quick update.

All the wiring is out, and by god there was alot of it, flipping crazy.

Finding out lots as i go, might be able to run the ABS still which would be good for the rainy races.

Picking up some new wheels (second hand) some volk SE37, pretty light and 8.5 wide front and 9.5 rears so lots of tread. There pretty sexy as well ;)

SE37K1.jpg

Little photo of no wires

100920081374.jpg

Getting engine next wednesday hopefully :D

Well chaps here she is, been sitting in the garden for a litte while hence the rust.

Its bloomin big and freckin heavy but i love her already :D

170920081401.jpg

170920081402.jpg

170920081403.jpg

The turbos have ZERO play in there like new its crazy.

My new favorite picture is this :D

170920081400.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links