Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae Feedback

Bazza

whilst it is still fresh in the minds of all those who went, can we have some feedback on what was good, what was bad, what could be improved

with the club, with the venue and the whole scene

hopefully we can digest it all and put it towards making next year even better

:)

I would like to see dogs banned, not only were we kept awake by a yapping pooch all night (yes Archie ! i mean you , and your owner who repeated every yap with "shut up archie" to no avail) and secondly watching a dog have a crap in the middle of the field where the activities were taking place is not nice, especially when the owner left it for someone else to clear up

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venue is great, can't fault that. Like the set up and its loads better than peterborough.

Would like show and shine to be split, toyota and lexus seperate catergories.

More trade stands, only seemed like a handfull there and didn't buy any goodies for the car :crybaby: !!!! and more food venders!

Like you said no dogs!!!! :unsure:

only thing that id like see if better signs to the site and on site

when i arrived friday night it was pitch black and there was only the banner at the end of the single track road, once on site in the dark it was difficult to read where the pitch was.

and i dont think all the general public knew there was more displays where we were

I dont think you could improve on the members, as i think everyone was great,

I would like to see a bit more lighting around the place, just so its not completely pitch black.

A seperate show and shine for Lexus.

Remove the spiders B)

To be honest as seen by the feedback, there wasnt much to complain about, not from our club anyway, and having read the posts on the JAE site, we werent the only ones.

only thing that id like see if better signs to the site and on site

when i arrived friday night it was pitch black and there was only the banner at the end of the single track road, once on site in the dark it was difficult to read where the pitch was.

and i dont think all the general public knew there was more displays where we were

Agree on the signage, unfortunately, Essex council wouldnt allow signs to go up on the roads outside the venue,

I dont think you could improve on the members, as i think everyone was great, apart from the one who sat in his car all the

i sat where was comfortable for me, i have lower back problems and away from the mosquito's and that happened to be my nice comfy leather covered car seat. it also kept me out of the blazing sun so i wouldnt be ill on monday for work.

I can always stay away in future if LOC prefers that

lol don't be silly Chris :P

As it was my first LOC meet and JAE I can't really say much but I really enjoyed myself, agreed would be nice if there were a few more trade venders and it was a bit better laid out seemed the trade venders were pretty much with their own individual owners clubs which meant you had to tour the whole site for each one. Flip side is I didn't spend much although those cheap IS200 manifold's were extremely tempting hehe

Also would be good if all LOC owners had the show plates too :), I wanted some :P any ideas on where you got them or can get some made up?

No dogs, im with you on that mate, next to the sea next time :D

And do you think thay could have a hotel ready for next year :lol:

Bing nearer to the sea, would stop the spiders and bugs

Nice wind to, and Wozza would not have to keep the volume so low :D

No dogs, im with you on that mate, next to the sea next time :D

And do you think thay could have a hotel ready for next year :lol:

Bing nearer to the sea, would stop the spiders and bugs

Nice wind to, and Wozza would not have to keep the volume so low :D

Good point never thought of that

general lighting would be a plus, but admittedly we were on land that until the day before wasn't even earmarked for use at JAE

all the plots were reassigned the wednesday night after a scale problem was realised

i found no problem finding the site, there was a huge sign pointing the way just after the causeway (yes Ian, the one you missed :lol: )

the plot was a bit harder, but we soon found it after doing some sightseeing around the adjacent plots

i think the entertainment laid on by JAE was excellent, as i do of our own entertainment, great idea

I dont think you could improve on the members, as i think everyone was great, apart from the one who sat in his car all the

i sat where was comfortable for me, i have lower back problems and away from the mosquito's and that happened to be my nice comfy leather covered car seat. it also kept me out of the blazing sun so i wouldnt be ill on monday for work.

I can always stay away in future if LOC prefers that

It was meant as a tongue in cheek joke Chris, but if you feel offended about it, i apologise. :blush:

We wouldnt want you to stay away

raffle tickets were expensive £5 !

but had some great prizes, i think if they had been cheaper and they had touted them a bit they may have sold more than 60

communal BBQ was a great idea, i felt it worked in getting everyone together and helping each other out

noise restriction after 1am helped people in getting some sleep

a bigger fridge would be handy

same points really as above if we wanted next year we can have our own floodlights on the plot and maybe the LOC entertainment could be bumped up a notch or 2 as there were a few stands that had more than us

Matching plates for all lexus Cars on the plot i wouldnt mind paying for one if we had to

more traders stalls lol

more food stalls

better site plans

i dont think wany people knew we were there well except from when wozza welcomed the food court over lol

BIGGER fridge

maybe combine LOC and TOC to one big pitch LOC one side TOC other comunal area at the end of like a causway etc

if it would help and LOC went with more equiment on the stand for entertainment then i could transport larger items down in the van

I think everything the club supplied/laid on was spot on.

The events/entertainment laid on by JAE was great too.

I loved the site and being by the sea was great too.

I liked how small and confined it was as we all seemed together, but this meant there were hardly no trade stands which I enjoy.

Also the show and shine could have been done better, like split categories and also a score for the entrants would have been nice. After all we spent ages cleaning cars, we all didn't expect to win but a score out of 100 would have made it worth while.

All in all still my best JAE out of the six I have been to.

Guest inicol63

On the whole I think the JAE was very good show, but I guess we could always make it even better.

I was not there late but maybe if there were rules to reduce noise after 1oclock this may encourage more people to camp.

And ask the show organisers for power for lighting as this is a heath and safety issue.

More stalls and long opening hours for the stall that do turn up including food stalls...

Lexus to have it own show and shine.

We could do our own Lexus raffle to help promote our club.

How about a parts resale tent so member wanting to bring along items they no longer require can sale these item and the club get a small percentage of the sale price.

These are only a few ideas so if you don't agree please don’t bite my head off lol.

Hope fully we will end up with a club more people will want to be associated with.

Ian

I also had problems with the signage. Before setting out I checked the website, and assumed what was on there was true, i.e. signs from Colchester. So when I got to Colchester and couldn't see any signs to Mersea, let alone any signs to JAE, I struggled a bit. But I found it in the end. If they'd have updated the website to say there wouldn't be any signage (until you were on the island) I'd have taken better directions with me (and no, I don't have a sat-nav).

I agree about the LOC show plates, would be nice to have had some for everyone, and I'd happily pay for my own too.

A parts re-sale tent is a great idea although I wonder if the organisers would then have a problem with that as "trading" (requiring money etc).

Should we have club t-shirts or similar to help promote the club's identity ? Or has that been tried before and people didn't really like it (e.g. too much of a "uniform" ?

I can understand the organisers having to change the layout at the last minute, but surely they could also have photocopied the new layout plans at the last minute too ? Was a bit frustrating not knowing where any particular other clubs were.

The It's a Knockout stuff was brilliant, it was my first JAE and overall it was very enjoyable and I'd definitely go again (possibly staying over next time).

Compared to last year when i went to JAE,

I found that the place itself was a lot better, The ground was a lot firmer and was very easy to get around, think the lighting idea would be a good one and a few more showers, the resturant was good and the staff were helpfull around the site, The sea was a nice thing to see and was nice to be able to sit and chill out watching the jet ski's and the boats, the entertainment was good and the club events were a good laugh so maybe a few more of them?

All in all i enjoyed the weekend with friends and even made some new ones which to me is a bonus, And look forward to the next one :D

ROLL ON JAE 2009 :yahoo:

It was also our first JAE.

Thought the whole thing was very well organised. Would have liked more traders to be there.

We came all the way from Scotland and found the site first time,got there when they were putting up the signs :D

More lighting would be good and no dogs would also be better.

Think the idea about reducing the noise after 1 O'clock just take ear plugs with you :lol::lol:

Made a lot of new friends and had a great time.

Will be back next year :excl::excl:

Just had a message from John Fuggles saying thank you for all our kind words & positive feedback :D

All comments & feedback wether good or bad all go towards having an even better (if thats possible) time next year :winky:

LOC T-shirts are available (baseball stylehere for £11.99 and (Heavyweight) here for £8.99 if anyone would like one in preperation for their next meet

If anyone wants one of the official JAE 'I was there' T-shirts

DSC00862.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

They are available here for £14.00 inc p+p

LOC T-shirts are available (baseball stylehere for £11.99 and (Heavyweight) here for £8.99 if anyone would like one in preperation for their next meet

They don't do them in large Moderator/DJ sizes :crybaby:

anyways feedback for JAE

Better organised plots (I understand there was a last minute rush this year)

More Trade Stands

People going round selling raffle tickets in the public areas ....possibly in Bikinis :winky: (hey look guys you all thought it but didn't have the bottle to say it)

Warmer Showers

More Food Stalls

Some plot lighting for the evenings (but then turned down to very low at 1am)

Better signage on arrival & of the Venue

All really minor points, on the whole very happy :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk