Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japshow Finale - Oct 5th

janey

JapShow Finale 2008 is on Sunday 5th October at Santa Pod and will no doubt once again be a great day.

Its the last major Jap Show of the year and definately worth the visit.

There's Jap only 'run what you brung' on the Saturday (4th) £20 for unlimited runs and on Sunday its £15 for 3 runs

There's camping is available on site Saturday if you want to do RWYB on Saturday & be there for even more fun on Sunday.

Advance ticket prices are as follows:

Saturday 4th October - Test Day £10

Sunday 5th October - JapShow (Japanese Car) £12

Sunday 5th October - JapShow (Non Japanese Car) £17

Weekend (Japanese Car) £20

Weekend (Non Japanese Car) £25

The above prices (apart from Saturday only) are for advance bookings if we can get 10+ definates I can book us a stand and we will get the above prices Payment will be required in advance to cover booking.

Heres what else is on

Not only will the Finale will host the finals of the HKS Drag Series where you can watch cars go up the 1/4 mile strip in times you can only dream of :whistling: there's also the Jet Dragster "Split Second" which will be running (and blow your ears off more than Wozza does :winky: ) and also you can have a go up the strip or watch the RWYB guys having a darn good go and bet on who's going to get to the line 1st ... loads of action & loads of fun :D

And of course there will be all the usual activities including:

Club & Trade stands, cars & half naked promo girlies to drool over, along with the DW boys doing drift demos & passenger rides, there will be stunt displays, the Meguiars show paddock, and new for this year a handling course where the driver with the fastest time gets a trophy, and of course the free Pole Dance shows in Fuelers Bar throughout the day :D

There will also be Helicopter pleasure rides available which are definately worth their money, the funfair and on Saturday night if you stay over the weekend the Pod Palais heated nightclub will open it's doors for fun & frolicks.

Also theres Mobile Dyno: The Rapid GB Dyno will be at JapShow, allowing anyone to get a full power and torque readout and some tuning advice from the experts using some of the latest and most accurate mobile dyno kit available

And if you're thinking of selling there's the AutoTrader Cars For Sale: If you've got a car you want to sell, park it up in the Autotrader Cars For Sale Paddock, stick your phone number on the dashboard, and wait for the calls to come flooding in. It's FREE for both buyers and sellers

Also new this year is the Marangoni Pit Stop Challenge: Marangoni are giving you the chance to win a white knuckle ride of a lifetime in the Santa Pod 2-Seater dragster.

To win this amazing prize, you just need to visit the Marangoni ‘Pit Stop’ stand, no booking necessary, and change 2 wheels/tyres against the clock, on the Marangoni car. The Marangoni girls will be the judges and time each Pit Stop, with the quickest time of the day as the winner!

So if you fancy coming along, get your name down asap please and I'll get it sorted :D

The who's coming list:

Janey

Bazza

Dave - IS

Paul - Aygo

Jade - Starlet

Steve - Yaris

AE92 - Corolla

Edited by janey
List update

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Right I'm back from Hols - I have in total 20 stand passes so if there's anyone else who hasn't asked for one yet - get yelling asap as time is running out :shutit:

Passes & tickets (if requested) are going out today 1st class so should be with you tomorrow or Weds at the lastest :winky:

I got my pass & ticket today , thanks janey :D

Excellent :D

I have 4 stand passes burning a hole in my pocket if anyone fancies coming along (you'll have to buy your own tickets though as I've run out) please get your name up & pm me with your address so I can get them out to you :)

seems very strange

a car orientated club, where most members are supposedly interested in cars

where a lot of members modify their cars to go faster

where a lot of members judge bhp figures like the size of their willy's

and yet a great action packed day where you can actually have a go at going fast, where you can actually see what all that go faster stuff does

an event organized so we can have our own plot and attempt to be a club

a day where there is so much to do and see

and

and

and

and 3 LOC members are going :crybaby:

A FEW YEARS AGO WE HAD OVER 20 CARS TURN UP !!

right, im sorry if this offends but i think that little dig is a bit harsh..

in a climate where fuel prices are so high and so close to JAE (which i wish i could have attended but was busy elsewhere) i think its quite understandable that attendance is low..

i think the WIM attendance demonstrated that we can get together in big numbers.

Im quite happy to attend a meet organised by like minded members, which doesnt cost to attend, is much closer to me and there is no pressure on being there for a full day...

that sounds to me like were 'attempting to be a club'

again im sorry if this offends annybody but i think that post was a bit ott and certainly wouldnt encourage me to attend!!

:shutit:

in a climate where fuel prices are so high and so close to JAE (which i wish i could have attended but was busy elsewhere) i think its quite understandable that attendance is low..

i think the WIM attendance demonstrated that we can get together in big numbers.

Im quite happy to attend a meet organised by like minded members, which doesnt cost to attend, is much closer to me and there is no pressure on being there for a full day...

again im sorry if this offends annybody but i think that post was a bit ott and certainly wouldnt encourage me to attend!!

Japshow at £15 or £12 for advance is hardly expensive, most entertainment costs in excess of this amount, and remember that this is for a full days entertainment, which you can arrive and leave whenever you want !

yes fuel prices have risen, but does that mean we all sit at home moaning about it, drive cautiously and you can probably save more than the price it has gone up

I get embarressed when people spend time organising events and no-one shows an interest, time which i am sure they would rather spend using to their own advantage,

what gets me is when you see all the other clubs turning out with loads of members from all over the country, what will the lexus stand have on it 1 Lexus !

out of all the hundreds of members we have here, its a shame that no one feels the want to attend

you say you would like a meet to be

a. with likeminded people ??

b. near to you

c. free to attend

d. and no pressure to stay

perhaps we should all come to your house then :whistling:

Japshow at £15 or £12 for advance is hardly expensive, most entertainment costs in excess of this amount, and remember that this is for a full days entertainment, which you can arrive and leave whenever you want !

yes fuel prices have risen, but does that mean we all sit at home moaning about it, drive cautiously and you can probably save more than the price it has gone up

I get embarressed when people spend time organising events and no-one shows an interest, time which i am sure they would rather spend using to their own advantage,

what gets me is when you see all the other clubs turning out with loads of members from all over the country, what will the lexus stand have on it 1 Lexus !

out of all the hundreds of members we have here, its a shame that no one feels the want to attend

you say you would like a meet to be

a. with likeminded people ??

b. near to you

c. free to attend

d. and no pressure to stay

perhaps we should all come to your house then :whistling:

errr...

i think you should look at the meets section....

i was refering to the midlands meet on 5th oct, perhaps i should have mentioned it?

anyway that fills all of that criteria that i mentioned, looks like beiing quite good attendance and is also on the 5th.. :whistling:

i understand the frustration but i dont think your post will encourage people to come along..

Is there any stand passes and advanced tickets left for this please as I want to come??

I've a couple of stand passes but afraid all the advance tickets have gone - though you can still buy in advance by phone or online from Santa Pod ticket page here

PM me your full name & address & I'll get a pass out to you today :winky:

Updated Attendees List:

PaulT - Aygo

Jade - Corolla

Janey - ?????

Bazza - Starlet

Dave - IS200

Steve - Yaris

AE92 - Corolla

Jerry - MR2

Wozza - IS200

KarmaSupra - M3

Aztec - IS200

Right all out of stand passes at the mo - Pod only sent me 10 instead of 20 so will ring for some more incase of latecomers

Edited by janey
Update

Right - just spoken to Donna at Pod about more passes and no can do as .......

A: I have to buy at least 5 more advance tickets (which I may just get stuck with)

B: It will mean we need more space which will mean we will be moved from the very nice pitch on the hardstanding over to the yukky grass area which is miles from the action

So sorry to anyone else who may have wanted to come on the stand - you'll have to be quicker next time :whistling:

Thanks for being able to fit me in Janey but I'd like to give up my place so someone else from the forum can have the chance as I've been offered a stand pass elsewhere. I think this is the most suitable option as I can see that you have all been struggling a bit getting hold of passes. Will pop down to the stand tho and say hello.

Thanks again and hope someone else can take up the space.

Thanks for being able to fit me in Janey but I'd like to give up my place so someone else from the forum can have the chance as I've been offered a stand pass elsewhere. I think this is the most suitable option as I can see that you have all been struggling a bit getting hold of passes. Will pop down to the stand tho and say hello.

Thanks again and hope someone else can take up the space.

I have a pass with your name on it though :whistling: Thanks for the nice gesture, just make sure you do pop over & say hello :D

Out of interest...which stand will you be on ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links