Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound Problem - Ml System

So this is my story...

I left my car for a few hours in local Lexus dealer here in Poland for dashboard rattles fix.

It supposed to be easy job as I was said they dealt with that problem in dozens of cars, and knew where the problem was.

Just need to replace old clips with new ones and thats it.

Needless to say just after I left the place and drive away I noticed that ratttles were still coming out from the dashboard (sic!)

It was late that time and I didn't have time to go back and complain.

Said to myself "fu*k it" :tsktsk: and did what I usually do in that case, turn MarkLevinson system on and keep it a bit louder...

and then... sound which was coming out from the speakers was completely different from what I used to listen just hours before.

It is not so dip, clear, now it seems to be muffled, no clear bass :angry:

Previous when I set the loud at 35 and played my tracks (good quality MP3s with high kbps) my back interior mirror was vibrating...

now its not any more - proof that something is wrong.

I have checked all sound settings, all is as I left it. Played CD, radio and iPod... in all cases sound is defenitely not my old ML.

I wonder what they could do doing their job without any supervision etc.

Did they mess with speakers, ML system itself? Was it done intentionally, maliciously?

and finally - am I paranoid???!!!

Truth is you never know who plays with your car when you leave it.

Is there any easy way to do some checks before going to see dealer again,

probably there is not...

Do you think is it possible to change speakers, replace some parts or it could be mistake made by mechanic?

GPS, rear camera, park assistant - all work fine but just sound it the problem.

I would be glad for any suggestion, please help :o

regards,

Marcin.

So this is my story...

I left my car for a few hours in local Lexus dealer here in Poland for dashboard rattles fix.

It supposed to be easy job as I was said they dealt with that problem in dozens of cars, and knew where the problem was.

Just need to replace old clips with new ones and thats it.

Needless to say just after I left the place and drive away I noticed that ratttles were still coming out from the dashboard (sic!)

It was late that time and I didn't have time to go back and complain.

Said to myself "fu*k it" :tsktsk: and did what I usually do in that case, turn MarkLevinson system on and keep it a bit louder...

and then... sound which was coming out from the speakers was completely different from what I used to listen just hours before.

It is not so dip, clear, now it seems to be muffled, no clear bass :angry:

Previous when I set the loud at 35 and played my tracks (good quality MP3s with high kbps) my back interior mirror was vibrating...

now its not any more - proof that something is wrong.

I have checked all sound settings, all is as I left it. Played CD, radio and iPod... in all cases sound is defenitely not my old ML.

I wonder what they could do doing their job without any supervision etc.

Did they mess with speakers, ML system itself? Was it done intentionally, maliciously?

and finally - am I paranoid???!!!

Truth is you never know who plays with your car when you leave it.

Is there any easy way to do some checks before going to see dealer again,

probably there is not...

Do you think is it possible to change speakers, replace some parts or it could be mistake made by mechanic?

GPS, rear camera, park assistant - all work fine but just sound it the problem.

I would be glad for any suggestion, please help :o

regards,

Marcin.

The fact that your interior mirror stopped vibrating could mean your sub-woofer is not working. Mine broke after a few months using it, so they replaced it under warranty. You can check easily if you put on a track with a lot of bass and then go to the boot see if it is vibrating. Otherwise check each individual speaker in the doors. It might me just a loose connection when they put the dash back together.

The fact that your interior mirror stopped vibrating could mean your sub-woofer is not working. Mine broke after a few months using it, so they replaced it under warranty. You can check easily if you put on a track with a lot of bass and then go to the boot see if it is vibrating. Otherwise check each individual speaker in the doors. It might me just a loose connection when they put the dash back together.

yeah, it seems middle subwoofer is not working, but there is sound coming from it, might be not much of bass.

I was at Lexus today, according to them, they did not play with sound system but agreed to take a look at it

next week. I have check all spaekers - same sound in all speakers.

I was brave enough to do the squeaks fix job myself, removed two clips, refit the plastic around clocks glass cover and no rattles

any more :whistling: Proud of myself!