Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Led Speedo Kit

nervo1234

Hey guys,

Just thought I would get your opinion on this and see what you guys think

Since everything I buy, I always consult the Lexus Owners Forum before doing so.. :)

"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140264098815&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004"

It's a BLUE LED Dash kit for only £25 + £2 shipping

Looks super cool

How difficult would it be to install something like this?

Thanks!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kits on eBay are not worth £25 matey as you only need 5 inverted wide angle LED bulbs to do it, and they give a better even spread of light across the clocks? Just search for inverted wide angle leds on eBay and some should come up? you'll need 3 x 501w/T10 and 2 x T5 Leds to do it all one colour or 3 501w/T10 to do the multi colour like Lexus 2d's above^^ if you get stuck matey send me a pm and i'll try and help you out.. :D

The kits on ebay are not worth £25 matey as you only need 5 inverted wide angle led bulbs to do it, and they give a better even spread of light across the clocks? Just search for inverted wide angle leds on ebay and some should come up? you'll need 3 x 501w/T10 and 2 x T5 Leds to do it all one colour or 3 501w/T10 to do the multi colour like Lexus 2d's above^^ if you get stuck matey send me a pm and i'll try and help you out.. :D

I've got the same as 2D's and Aztec's and I must say it looks so cool much better than the standard lights.

And you can also put one in the boot light that also looks good B)

The kits on ebay are not worth £25 matey as you only need 5 inverted wide angle led bulbs to do it, and they give a better even spread of light across the clocks? Just search for inverted wide angle leds on ebay and some should come up? you'll need 3 x 501w/T10 and 2 x T5 Leds to do it all one colour or 3 501w/T10 to do the multi colour like Lexus 2d's above^^ if you get stuck matey send me a pm and i'll try and help you out.. :D

I've got the same as 2D's and Aztec's and I must say it looks so cool much better than the standard lights.

Are you copying me matey :whistling: you'll have a clean engine next :P :lol:

Is this a soldering job ?

Is this a soldering job ?

No Steve, its very easy mate you just need to take the clocks out and change the bulbs over, think it takes me about 15 mins to do including taking the clocks out and putting them back in :D

No Steve, its very easy mate you just need to take the clocks out and change the bulbs over, think it takes me about 15 mins to do including taking the clocks out and putting them back in :D

Wow, didn't realise it was that straightforward (would probably take me a lot longer though ! :lol:)

Will add that to my list of possible things to do ... *runs off cackling manically*

Wow, didn't realise it was that straightforward (would probably take me a lot longer though ! :lol:)

Will add that to my list of possible things to do ... *runs off cackling manically*

If you get stuck mate give me a shout and i'll see what i can do :D

Steve it took me about 1.5 hours to do.

fitted the bulbs put clock back together again and one bulb was not working. Took clock out again messed about with bulb a little, put back together and a different bulb was not working.So same again and again till it worked.

Must admit if I had a new set of dials I would have smashed the other one up :angry:

But after that all was good :D

Snap :lol:

Think I shall be doing this :), One thing I did notice the other day, the red light's on the drivers/passengers doors that come on when the doors open how easy are these to change (I know they have a red lense so that I'm guessing would be the main issue)? Thinking of going with a kind of blue look.

Think I shall be doing this :), One thing I did notice the other day, the red light's on the drivers/passengers doors that come on when the doors open how easy are these to change (I know they have a red lense so that I'm guessing would be the main issue)? Thinking of going with a kind of blue look.

DSC03553-1.jpg

Aztec again :whistling: look fantastic @ night they r ultra violet not blue

Those are quite cool, how does it show up at night then? Does it just make everything white glow?

Also does anyone know the legality of these? I remember in past people saying that technically the light should be red..............but then the OEM lights on our Prius are white, so now I'm confused (although admittedly that doesn't take much :lol: )

Those are quite cool, how does it show up at night then? Does it just make everything white glow?

Also does anyone know the legality of these? I remember in past people saying that technically the light should be red..............but then the OEM lights on our Prius are white, so now I'm confused (although admittedly that doesn't take much :lol: )

DSC03566.jpg

If uv got white on looks cool but does glow blue just the bulb colour isnt blue & no idea as 4 if its legal :question: but i love it

Hmm that does look extremely good, any ideas on where you got the clear lenses from? Not sure if I will go through with it if it's frowned upon by the law as in all honesty I just can't be bothered with the hassle, although imo I can't see the difference between this and having a blue rear center light for when the doors open.

Maybe someone could clarify on the legal standpoint?

Hmm that does look extremely good, any ideas on where you got the clear lenses from? Not sure if I will go through with it if it's frowned upon by the law as in all honesty I just can't be bothered with the hassle, although imo I can't see the difference between this and having a blue rear center light for when the doors open.

There was a Group Buy on this a while back, here, but I have no idea as to the source of the lenses (the LEDs should be easy to get from eBay).

I would be suprised if there was any sort of legal requirement about these door marker colours, but wait to be educated ...