Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 20k Service Costs

I been quoted by my local dealer in Newcastle Upon Tyne that the service cost for a 20,000 miles service is £349! What do you get for that amount of money! Also as I have friends who are mechanics why can't ust buy the required bits and ask him to service my car?

Thanks in advance

to keep the value high its best to get the main dealer service/stamp . its one of my main concerns when i buy a newish car . but everybody has there own ideas on that . once the car has got past 6-7 years condition becomes more important than milage/history would you buy one without an incomplete service book ??? :yawn:

I often wonder this. we pay way over the top to keep the main dealer history because of resale value, but if you work out how much extra you spend on main dealer service over the bloke down the road, is it worth it for the extra few hundred you get when selling :huh: whats the real economics here

It's worth mentioning that a car like Lexus (and other, not so good 'lux' brands :P ) A full dealer history is a must.

If you try trading a 3-year old car in at a main dealer, you can lose up to 1000 quid if you don't have the right stamps!

And as for private sale... ask yourself, would you buy a 2-3 year old Lexus that didn't have the right stamps in the book??? I certainly would walk away from ANY 3-year old car that didn't have a full dealer history at that age! no matter how good the deal..

concerned. ready to buy brand new is 200 sport , came across a site,'arnold clark sucks' it says he has the lexus ,dealership in scotland ,is he involved in any other lexus dealerships. would like to know ,i would feel saver spending my money somewere else ,who is not connected to him ,advice gratefully accepted ,thank you.

concerned. ready to buy brand new is 200 sport , came across a site,'arnold clark sucks' it says he has the lexus ,dealership in scotland ,is he involved in any other lexus dealerships. would like to know ,i would feel saver spending my money somewere else ,who is not connected to him ,advice gratefully accepted ,thank you.

Don't be concerned, just look at the 2003 JD power survey, Lexus came first again for the second year... and thats down to customer service.

Of course, if you want to save even more money, join LOC gold, and you can save up to 15% on your service costs from participating Dealers:

Gold Members Page

I would just like to say my IS200 T Reg is now on 105000 miles and is still running very sweet, Lexus in Warrington wanted £180 for the 100000 service and £336 for the Timing Belt, An hour before the service i read the service book and found out that all they really did for 180 notes is Change Brake Fluid, Change Diff Oil, Change Engine Oil and Filter and replace A/C Filter In Dash, It was at that point i cancelled my appointment and bought all service parts myself and did the full service at the Garage i used to work at which took about an hour in total, The garage next door is doing the Cam belt and all the other belts for 45 quid plus parts... It has not worried me that Lexus didn't service the car, I think the car lost alot of value the day it reached 100000 miles...

I guess the point to my little story is "If you are going to keep the car for Quite a Few Years it's not going to matter that much about sale value" After all look at the way New and Used cars are dropping in Price...

rob200 - was that at Southampton? What do you think of them.

Personaly I will not be taking my car back there due to poor customer service (dad thinks so too!)

I am off to Reading who so far have been excellent.

I been quoted by my local dealer in Newcastle Upon Tyne that the service cost for a 20,000 miles service is £349! What do you get for that amount of money! Also as I have friends who are mechanics why can't ust buy the required bits and ask him to service my car?

Thanks in advance

Howla

Give Lexus leeds a call and ask for Bob Mayes, tell him you are a member of LOC and he should look after you. I do know that they are not charging that kind of lolly for a 20k service.

Thanks in advance

Howla

Give Lexus leeds a call and ask for Bob Mayes, tell him you are a member of LOC and he should look after you. I do know that they are not charging that kind of lolly for a 20k service.

Leeds is not exactly handy from Newcastle :lol:

£349 is about £100 more than I paid for my 20k at Leeds though - seems a bit steep.

Edited by lexicon

rob200 - was that at Southampton?  What do you think of them.

Personaly I will not be taking my car back there due to poor customer service (dad thinks so too!)

I am off to Reading who so far have been excellent.

Nope - they couldn't be bothered to reply to my pre-service questions...a friend of mine went there for a test drive a while ago and was completely ignored until he tried to take a brochure - then he got shouted at and told to come back another time :angry:

Anyway I went to Swindon. Its a bit out of the way but I can go do some shopping at the outlet place while its being done :) They were very good too.

Dad & I are trying an SC430 at Southampton tomorrow - will be interesting to see what they're like on the sales side.

Thanks in advance

Howla

Leeds is not exactly handy from Newcastle :lol:

£349 is about £100 more than I paid for my 20k at Leeds though - seems a bit steep.

leedsunited: R U getting a discount from Leeds then? I got * off my 30k service and * off the 40k last week - they've been taken over by Benfield, so I don't know if things may change there.

references to gold discounts removed - lets keep it in Gold eh chaps?

Lexicon

Bob and I have talked about this and he is willing to do deals with Gold members, he is waiting for someone from LOC to contact him to discuss, although he did tell me that he will not lose business to other dealers in the Region, ie * & * , who are offering Gold members discount.

My IS200 is only 6 weeks old so as yet not had the need to have service but I will get something of for gold membership.

PM me with the percentage he gave you and I will have a chat with him to try and get this as standard.

Cheers

Leedsunited

even more references to gold discounts removed.

PLEASE keep all discussions of gold discounts in the gold forums!

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Bob and I have talked about this and he is willing to do deals with Gold members, he is waiting for someone from LOC to contact him to discuss, although he did tell me that he will not lose business to other dealers in the Region who are offering Gold members discount.

My IS200 is only 6 weeks old so as yet not had the need to have service but I will get something of for gold membership.

PM me with the percentage he gave you and I will have a chat with him to try and get this as standard.

Cheers

Leedsunited

leedsunited: YHM

Sorry Matt - didn't think about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my 20k service at Lexus Bolton. They gave me 10 % of parts, changed the gearbox oil and pollen filter, drop tested the Battery and looked at my other little 'moans' and it cost £270. Got a GS300 for the day in the deal, too. Tried to get them to offer Gold Discount, but they said they were too busy anyway!!

where was that - thats cheaper than my 30k at Reading for £107!

Mind you I think that may have only discounted the parts and not labour for GOLD!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links