Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Door Lock

On my new Rx400h the doors automatically lock when I drive faster than about 5 mph. I want to stop them doing this so I have carefully followed the instructions on page 60 of the manual. Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something obvious or is there a magic word that I have to use?

Why would you want to disable this? It is a safety feature, kids cannot unlock the car while it is moving and nobody can open your car at say traffic lights and attack you or steal something off the seat. It certainly isn't a hindrance 'cos all the doors unlock when you unlock yours or at the push of a switch?

Why would you want to disable this? It is a safety feature, kids cannot unlock the car while it is moving and nobody can open your car at say traffic lights and attack you or steal something off the seat. It certainly isn't a hindrance 'cos all the doors unlock when you unlock yours or at the push of a switch?

Well I have a 300 and I would love to be able to get my doors to lock as the car moves off. Is there a way to program this in.

Well I have a 300 and I would love to be able to get my doors to lock as the car moves off. Is there a way to program this in.

Found this on the web

I think this lot might help

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the doors are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(B) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

© Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions

1. Close all the doors.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.

3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;

+To set function (a)

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.

+To set function (B)

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.

+To set fuction ©

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

+To set function (d)

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.

Hope it helps Nev ;)

Found this on the web

All the doors are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions

1. Close all the doors.

+To set function (a)

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.

+To set function (B)

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.

+To set fuction ©

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

+To set function (d)

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.

Hope it helps Nev ;)

Found this on the web

Setting the functions

1. Close all the doors.

+To set function (a)

+To set function (B)

+To set fuction ©

+To set function (d)

Hope it helps Nev ;)

I looked into memory settings on the RX300 - but it appears that these cars (certainly the MKII) don't have this ability. This functionality first appeared on the 400h. Shame really that they overlooked something as basic as this on a £35k SUV.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I collected my new RX400 the doors locked at about 5-10 mph, but you had to unlock them when you came to rest. A quick (10minutes) at the dealer & I had the doors set to lock as before, but unlock when I put the shift to park- so I can let passengers out safely, the car's in park & then drive off & the doors lock again. It's a piece of mind thing, when she who mst be agreed with drives on her own at night for example. Incidentally the dealer also adjusted the interior light delay (time on after you switch off the motor) - there are anumber of little custom settings you can have changed, which is nice to know if not always wanted - the handbook covers most of the options if you are looking for a little "light reading" come bedtime!

• 2 months later...

I have an '07 Rx400h and I would like to have this functionality - does anyone know if there is a way to programme this in permanently without a visit to the dealer? As with Ian-Leeds, the instructions for the 300 don't seem to work on the 400.

• 4 weeks later...

My '07 RX400 is a UK import and has these features. It is quite annoying that you have to unlock the passenger door every single time to let your passenger out, or even open the rear power door, since it wont open if even one door is locked! A visit to the dealer is already scheduled to hopefully change this.

My '07 RX400 is a UK import and has these features. It is quite annoying that you have to unlock the passenger door every single time to let your passenger out, or even open the rear power door, since it wont open if even one door is locked! A visit to the dealer is already scheduled to hopefully change this.

It shows you can't please everyone! I'd like to enable this, but as posted above it's not available on my model. I am currently borrowing a Volvo V50 from work, where you can select this feature through a simple menu displayed on the radio screen. Some manufacturers are a bit too clever methinks, including Lexus sometimes!