Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats The Most Obsessive Compulsive Thing You Have Done In The Name Of

Anees

As the topic title says I was wondering what the most obsessive compulsive/sad/mad/anal thing you have done in the name of modding?

I had done a few such as having alloys machined to the correct offset, driving all the way to Walsall so have some mirrors specially wired to the car, my whole car pc saga etc. The two that stick in my mind the most are:

1) Meeting Brettster at 2AM in Leeds General Hospital Car park.

When I had my IS200 I was building a Car PC and I posted a long step-by-step progress thread to go with it. I needed a special AUX-IN unit for the car so that I could have the sound from the PC coming through the speakers without having to get an aftermarket head unit. Guru Geoffers created these and I was supposed to meet him to have this fitted and he kindly said he would take a look at the car PC too.

Anyway, the night before I was due to meet Geoff, my 7" Touchscreen burned out!! I really really needed a screen for the following day otherwise meeting Geoff would be a waste of time and it was something I had looked forward to for weeks. I remembered that Brettster had the same screen so after a few PM's late on Saturday night; I rang him. He said he couldn't sleep (or something) and that I could collect now if I wanted! It was 1am at this time. So I sneaked out, drove to Leeds (in my IS200 with most of the interior trim bits missing) and met Brettster in Leeds General Hospital carpark. Two Lexus parked next to each other and he handed me the screen in a brown envelope. Looked WELL DODGY............ luckily no police about. :whistling:

2) Using a hose pipe on my front windscreen at 10.30PM at night in December.

On my BMW I have replaced my rear view mirror with the mirror from the BMW M3 because I just think it looks nicer. Anyway, I sold the old one on eBay and the night before I was supposed to post it off I came across a post on a BMW forum that said that the sensor for the rain sensitive wipers was actually on the base of the rear view mirror; so by replacing the old review mirror I might have inadvertedly lost the rain sensitive wiper feature! I just couldn't let this lie, so I went into the shed at 10.30pm and ran a hose pipe in the pitch black to the front on the house and covered the windscreen with water. THANKFULLY the auto-wipers still worked great. My neighbours did see me however (in the pitch black pouring water onto the front windscreen while the wipers were going) and thought I was mad......"cleaning that bloody thing that this time!" :lol:

I'm sure more people must be madder then me? :blush:

Anees

pmsl :lol:

cant say ive done things like that mod wise but if somethings not right it bugs me simple things like........

everything has to be straight like ill hoover in straight lines and everything on my desk has to be the same or at a 90 degree angles,

and peoples watches if they have a bezal type watch it has to line up with the 12 otherwise ill be buggin

i cant remember any of me, but i was with a friend of mine, we both had nissan primeras. his gt kept making a squeeking noise from the rear, so about 1am on the a406 he stops on the side and takes his rear boot lid apart.

he found a razor blade. apparently nissan used them to get the rear window in clean/cut.

i didnt notice he stopped so kept on driving home -_-

few miles down the road, the noise started again

just remembered one:

the little statues below the tv MUST be facing forward..... every now and then they turn slightly at which point i run up and adjust them...

so I went into the shed at 10.30pm and ran a hose pipe in the pitch black to the front on the house and covered the windscreen with water. THANKFULLY the auto-wipers still worked great. My neighbours did see me however (in the pitch black pouring water onto the front windscreen while the wipers were going) and thought I was mad......"cleaning that bloody thing that this time!" :lol:

Anees

:lol::lol::lol:

On my BMW I have replaced my rear view mirror with the mirror from the BMW M3 because I just think it looks nicer. Anyway, I sold the old one on ebay and the night before I was supposed to post it off I came across a post on a BMW forum that said that the sensor for the rain sensitive wipers was actually on the base of the rear view mirror; so by replacing the old review mirror I might have inadvertedly lost the rain sensitive wiper feature! I just couldn't let this lie, so I went into the shed at 10.30pm and ran a hose pipe in the pitch black to the front on the house and covered the windscreen with water. THANKFULLY the auto-wipers still worked great. My neighbours did see me however (in the pitch black pouring water onto the front windscreen while the wipers were going) and thought I was mad......"cleaning that bloody thing that this time!" :lol:

Anees

wouldnt a jug of water done the job? or a few cups?

Not unheard of around my street for me to be cleaning my car at gone midnight! Specially when the weather has been sunny as you just can't get a good finish washing a black car during the day when the sun beams its rays down!

So glad to hear there are more like me I have been out washing my car at night just to make sure I get a streak free finish. The nieghbors must think I am mad as it is not unlike me to clean my car and steam clean my engine bay 3 times a week LOL. I check my tyre pressures all the time and hoover out my car like all the time it just has to be perfect otherwise it just annoys me LOL

Not unheard of around my street for me to be cleaning my car at gone midnight! Specially when the weather has been sunny as you just can't get a good finish washing a black car during the day when the sun beams its rays down!
So glad to hear there are more like me I have been out washing my car at night just to make sure I get a streak free finish. The nieghbors must think I am mad as it is not unlike me to clean my car and steam clean my engine bay 3 times a week LOL. I check my tyre pressures all the time and hoover out my car like all the time it just has to be perfect otherwise it just annoys me LOL

lol, I thought I was the only one cleaning his car at night. another thing is everytime I pass by a shop or few shops, I always check the reflection of my car on them ( don't tell why I do it , cause I dont know why :lol: )

lol, I thought I was the only one cleaning his car at night. another thing is everytime I pass by a shop or few shops, I always check the reflection of my car on them ( don't tell why I do it , cause I dont know why :lol: )

Oh yeah you always have to check your reflection in shop windows and stuff as you dive down the street, everyone else gets to see you pride and joy rolling along the road why shouldn't you LOL

• 3 months later...

Getting up tomorrow before 12pm on a Saturday to travel 108miles even if it rains for a few hours to just drive back, I'm telling myself drive sensible an petrol should only cost me one kidney ;)

Remember snow mode ! :winky:

Haha I will do Steve, I've even practiced this week. It makes the car feel fun an quicker though when I don't have it on, like a new car which is nice :D

My worst was doing a 40 mile round journey in my old dears ford puma with no clutch. I was due to meet somebody to collect some wheels for my Saxo VTS, I didn't have his contact number and didn't want to miss out on them as they are very rare in the correct fitment!

Just read that James May cleans the vents of his Porsche with a little brush and has to have all this vents pointing straight! :lol:

I used to work with a guy who was the same with his Ford Probe, used to hate you touching the vents. So whats the first thing you do when they get out the car :shifty: yup point every single vent in a different direction.

Mind you i hate wires around the car in view i'm goingto take my dash apart so i can hide the wiring to the defi's and profec thats a bit sad as well :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to get a LOC members car out of a car park very late at night, after he not reading the sign saying, car park closed @ 10pm :lol:

PMSL!! :lol:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Did you two read it either? We got out though didn't we!! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links