Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle Buster? Anyone Tried It?

Anees

Hi guys,

Has anyone heard of the rattle buster cd?

I have a few annoying rattles that are :tsktsk: ing me off, and this looks like a good solution for the lazy people like me to try and track them down.

So, how does it work?

This amazing CD-Kit provides you with a powerful “ToneEngine” that enables you to simulate Road-Induced-Car-Vibration, using your vehicles CD-Sound-System.

The ToneEngine provides you with a specific range of sound frequencies or tones. Each tone has been extensively researched and specifically selected for its Vibration Generating characteristics.

You will be able to control the exact amount of vibration generated, using the Volume/Bass/Fade controls on your vehicles CD player. This will enable you to induce and subsequently pin-point, the interior vibration or rattle you are looking to identify.

http://www.rattlebuster.com/

Does it sound feasible??

Thanks,

Anees

Apparently AutoExpress magazine have been impressed with it.........

This is a bit like those bassline cds. It will only help locate rattles caused by the speakers. Unless they've got some magic frequencies to replicate road vibrations etc!?

• 7 years later...

Hi All,

Actually went through the site registration effort  to let you know that, to my total amazement, the idea actually works!!!

I have an Audi A1 with a rattle that was driving me insane - just couldn't find it and it sounded like it was coming from everywhere.

Then I tried the radio-sound-vibration route using the following free web site : http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/

Use any web-enabled device, link it to your car's Bluetooth and play the sound through the car speakers. In my case a frequency of 60Mhz picked up and highlighted the rattle in the interior front roof light panel. I'm still amazed, and very happy, that it actually worked :-D

Now that I can reliably recreate the rattle it's off to the service station to show them and test that it's removed once they've done their magic  :-)

Hi Temp and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I shall certainly give the rattle Buster a go if I ever get one in my LS but the Tinnitus looks good and worth investigating.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links