Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Lexus Is300 Starting Issues !, First Time Crank Ignition Cann

Jesper

I just purchased a 2004 Lexus IS300. The second day I went to work in the morning and started fine but at the end of day when I went home, I tried to start the car and it just clicked once (the sound) turn all the way ignition and the Battery died, a few minutes later, I tried to start the car again I heard a click (the sound) as I turn all the way ignition and this time all the lights all off the Battery died completely.

The car got towed to my mechanic here in San Jose and he said the Battery was bad, changed it and he said would solve the issue and he did not see any other problems related.

Now, I been driving the car for about 2 weeks now, sometimes, after say 12+ hours or so without start the car, When I start the car and it would just click once (the sound) when turn all the way ignition the FIRST time, but since with the new Battery, I was able to successfully start the car the second time when I turn all the way ignition.

What the hell is going on? Please help?

It might be a sticking solenoid on the starter motor. Here's what happens... You switch on and the solenoid on the starter motor pushes a gear forward to connect the starter motor to the engine - to turn over the engine. If the gear that the solenoid pushes dosen't connect then you get the click that you hear - it jumps out just as quick as it jumps in. You try again and this time it connects and the car starts.

...try taking this description to your mechanic - he'll know what to do.

Good luck

jack

Sounds like your starter is bad or going bad. The click sound you hear is the starter trying to engage. One way to find out if the starter is really bad is to tap the starter. Using a metal rod just tap the starter (usually located in the front) then try starting the car. If the car starts then you need a starter.

Phoenix USA