Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone

Gord

My contract with 02 is up in november, at the min i get 400 mins and 1000 text per mth, thay have offered free calls to other 02 phones as well + new phone samsung, as i have samsung at the min for £30 per mth, is this a good deal or better about :question:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the very best deal around, but not a bad one. Most seem to be 18months now, but if that's a 12 month deal then is is better.

If it's the I900 Optima, then yes, that is a good deal as the handset alone is worth several hundred. Runs Windows and is more of a PDA than a phone. I want one!

Handset for £430 on the bay

Is that 12 or 18 month? And which phone, the Omnia?

Some deals on Dialaphone

I dont know what phone, he just said samsung this, samsung that, 18mths contract, he said i dont have to have samsung, just that he knows thats what i had last time, was just looking for more min + text for my money really, i see all the deals in the back of the papers, are these any good ? and some of the one's you sent link to are saying cashback, really, free gifts, playstation etc, yes or no to this ?

The last time i just went to the o2 shop some yrs ago now, then just update over the phone.

Yeah the stuff in the link does work, the only annoying part is you have to keep sending them bills every few months to make sure you get the cashback.

My brother's just got the deal at the top of that page, the one on Orange, 9 months half price and he seems pretty happy so far.

Normally if you wait till your contract is up, then request your PAC, you'll get called by the outbound team who often offer far more than normal customer services.

Better doing it that way to get the best deal :)

Normally if you wait till your contract is up, then request your PAC, you'll get called by the outbound team who often offer far more than normal customer services.

Thanks will do that, by the way whats, PAC :question: my number

From previous experience (I've changed my phone every year since 1996) you get a better deal as a new customer rather than their offers to keep you.

If you like 02 and interested in a fancy phone with internet connectivity - Get an Iphone 3G - Easiest to use and best phone I have ever owned - You can also jailbreak it which allows you to add 3rd party apps for free.I'm paying 45 a month - but I get shed loads of minutes / texts and free internet (unlimited) - I use it constantly and have never had a bill more than 45 - They do other contracts for £30 and £35 I think but check out the O2 site to confirm.

You also get the added functionality of an iPod built in.

It is a little "bulky" compared to some of the other phones - but thats due to its extensive features.

I'm not a fan of Samsung phones - always seemed awkward to use and poor Battery life - Gave my last one away before contract finished because I just couldnt use it.

Thanks will do that, by the way whats, PAC :question: my number

Nope your PAC is your "Port Authorisation Code" - essentially you need to get this number if you want to transfer your phone number to a different network. Makes them think you're going to leave, so they call you and offer you really good deals to keep you :winky:

got my phone through onestopphoneshop.co.uk got phone + ps3 free and £80 cashback :D check the site out they have loads of great deals

is that a mail in rebate between a certain date range with this document and that document and make sure u do this and then do that kinda thing?? i've seen loads of those kinda things but always dubious regarding loopholes etc etc??

If you request your PAC or say you are leaving, they will usually up their game, to keep you as a customer. Worth a try (I've found this works with banks too!)

Never tried any "free PS3" type offers but some look too good to be true. The better offers usually give you a cheaper, lesser, phone handset though, but that may not bother you. Cash back offers are all very good, but you will have to remember to send certain bills away at specific times, it becomes a lot of hassle to get your cashback, and the majority of people end up not claiming any/most of it. Thats why they do it!

That Sony looks good, and runs windows the same as the Samsung. Sony Ericsson X1 is a great name too - SEX1!!!

the trick with phone contracts is very simple, most of the line rental subsidises the cost of the handset (and any freebies),

easiest way to look at it is:

I'm currently paying £20 a month with no handset and I get 400 mins and 1000 txts like the tariff you have mentioned (mine's O2 simplicity),

so the extra £10 a month for 18 months goes to cover the handset, is the handset they are offering worth the £180? just check the price on pay as u go for the same handset

if you are happy with your current handset and the tariff you have, just switch to simplicity and then you won't be tied to it if a better tariff comes up

all the deals with free PS3's etc work the same way, your line rental may be £35 a month for 18 months, but the same tariff alone may be available much cheaper without the freebies

and if you've been with O2 for a while, remind them, they should discount

hehe you guys are gonna be so disappointed with the X1...

Do yourselves a favour and either get an Iphone or save your money.

It will be an expensive mistake.

I know you won't listen, but just don't say I didn't warn you. :)

Having looked at it online - seems a blatent copy of the iPhone - only it wont be as good - cant see anyone ever actually using the pull out keyboard either.

Not really true, have you never seen anyone using a Blackberry or the iMate with the keyboard? Anyone who actually uses one for work does..........

I have to admit, the Iphone despite being a little useless as an actual tool, is seriously cool which is why I still want one, but it is annoying how everyone seems to have one now as a fashion item........

Once it supports HSDPA I'll probably end up getting one because as a web browser it is fantastic, and the phone features are slowly being improved :)

umm it does support HSDPA....

Oh didn't know that, ok we're a bit closer now then, there is still the lack of A2DP, but if it becomes free for £35/month, there's a good chance I'll get one

Having looked at it online - seems a blatent copy of the iPhone - only it wont be as good - cant see anyone ever actually using the pull out keyboard either.

Not really true, have you never seen anyone using a Blackberry or the iMate with the keyboard? Anyone who actually uses one for work does..........

I have to admit, the Iphone despite being a little useless as an actual tool, is seriously cool which is why I still want one, but it is annoying how everyone seems to have one now as a fashion item........

Once it supports HSDPA I'll probably end up getting one because as a web browser it is fantastic, and the phone features are slowly being improved :)

Why do you say its useless as a tool?

3G for web browsing using Safari which is fast and intuitive

WiFi

Bluetooth connectivity

iPOD for music (Ive got the 16Gb version)

GPS integrated into google maps (so you dont need to purchase other maps)

Phone

SMS

MMS (via free app)

Email (including Exchange capability with push email)

Loads of free apps and very customisable

Camera (which can record video via a free app)

Direct iTunes access

Direct YouTube access

Accelerometer - which can be used by various apps and or games - Eg. I have an app on mine that acts as a spirit level.

Built in Word, Powerpoint, PDF etc viewers so you can open attachments / files received.

Calendar with synch to Exchange / other email clients

Contacts management (which can also synch with Exchange / email clients)

Stock / Share updates

Weather forecasts - customisable to multiple destinations in the world

Alarm and reminder functionality

Oh....and its continually being updated free of charge .....

I can't remember them off the top of my head, but there are quite a few simple things that I found it bizarre that it couldn't do. Forgive me if I've muddled these up, but I remember it wasn't possible to forward a message, and you couldn't multiple delete emails and there was no "back" which I found very irritating..............

I agree though it is being constantly updated and even the items above may now have been fixed, but the Iphone was clearly designed as a web browser first and a phone second, which is slowly getting sorted.

The Iphone is so cool, but in many ways, my N95 is a far better everyday tool. Plus it has GPS built in (actual GPS rather than A-GPS), I've got Garmin software and it works flawlessly

I always admit that I want one, but they've made it so hard to actually want to buy one...........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links