Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unleaded Gas Premium Or Super

I guess the other questions is whether its worth paying the extra for say Shell V Power or Tesco Super Unleaded which is had a higher RON rating. Also its mean to contain more additives to clean the engine.

I felt the difference on my Astra, but its a real hot topic.

As my car is new Ive filled it up with the good stuff!

I may alternate tank loads to spread the cost!

nope i have an is200 wich is the same as the as200 altezza.

it is and it isn't some altezza's came with the straight 6 like the is200 but some of the others came with the beams 4 cylinder.my friend has a beams one and it says to run it on 98 in the manual he has,not sayin they are all like that but some are.

That's an interesting point. Would that make any noticably difference to anything? The ECU takes a while to learn about the fuel so if you're alternating tanks would the car ever actually know what it had in the tank? I'd have thought this was a complete waste of time but I'd be interested to hear what other have to say on this.

That's an interesting point. Would that make any noticably difference to anything? The ECU takes a while to learn about the fuel so if you're alternating tanks would the car ever actually know what it had in the tank? I'd have thought this was a complete waste of time but I'd be interested to hear what other have to say on this.

Once you concede that the car doesn't really know what it has in the tank, surely you also have to concede that it makes virtually no difference anyway?

There are a number of independent studies which suggest they are a waste of money, and I'd be very interested to see any non-oil company sponsored tests which empirically show an increase in mpg or performance. Unless the engine's timing is designed specifically to make use of the chemistry of high-octane fuels, of course, such as the RS200.

Once you concede that the car doesn't really know what it has in the tank, surely you also have to concede that it makes virtually no difference anyway?

There are a number of independent studies which suggest they are a waste of money, and I'd be very interested to see any non-oil company sponsored tests which empirically show an increase in mpg or performance. Unless the engine's timing is designed specifically to make use of the chemistry of high-octane fuels, of course, such as the RS200.

lol i love my rs200

lol i love my rs200

??? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links