Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 1999

Here's the story,

I had my car Battery ran out of power, so friend came over and tried to charge with his car. But he did mistake with cables by putting them plus to minus..

After that car just wont start. When turning the key it just turns over, but engine wont start. Bought new car Battery, still no luck.

What kind of problem I got? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

When you change the Battery on the GS it has a security feature to stop it being started.

You have to turn the key to the accessory position (2nd click) and leave it like that for 7 minutes, then it will start.

So if your service guy said he did some work on your car and charged you lots then he is telling porkies.

well here is a strange one..

Since i had my car back from the bodyshop the Battery was certainly not at its best.. lights would dim and take about 3 seconds of cranking (slowly) before start..

tested today and was dropping to 5V when under load from started.. 13.7 when alternator running... clearly they let it either discharge fully for 5 weeks or ****** the Battery charging it!

Anyways... bought a brand new calcium Battery today.. swapped over then did the ten mins on second click.. nothing..... phoned up the people that we use for security keys etc who said it needs up to 40 mins.. have 6 mins to go to see if it will start...

bloody anoying feature i have to say! very frustrating!

yeah it was a bit of an arse as such, took being left for ages on the "3rd" click as second nothing happened..

Am looking into getting one of those Battery saver things that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket that keeps the juice flowing as well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links