Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Top Speed You've Got On Is200

i went out the other day with one of the other forms, i put my is200 to the test agaist a Vectra GSI (2.5 v6)

off the mark the is200 was quicker, guess thats because off the RWD. wasnt long before the vectra creeped past me.

it got me thinking i think my is200 might be running high on revs i only managed to do 137mph and it redlined in 6th gear??

has any one else ever put thier is200 on the track ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went out the other day with one of the other forms, i put my is200 to the test agaist a Vectra GSI (2.5 v6)

off the mark the is200 was quicker, guess thats because off the RWD. wasnt long before the vectra creeped past me.

it got me thinking i think my is200 might be running high on revs i only managed to do 137mph and it redlined in 6th gear??

A lot of us have had our cars on a track, which is the only place you should be doing speeds like that.

And remember this is a public forum

I do hope you were not breaking any laws as you would be banned instantly from driving if you did that on UK public roads.

My IS200 is Supercharged and got to 142mph on th Autobahn in Germany before someone pulled out and I needed to back off.

I still had approx 500rpm left as I am on 18's and my car is an Auto and the gearing is different.

Lee_iceman's car revs topped out at 144mph and I genuinely belie mine would have got to 144-145 if I had a clear long enough road.

Mine and Lee's readings were confirmed by gps devices. 137 from a N/A IS200 sounds a tad optimistic, but possible.

Were you reading off the clock ?

Vectra GSi's, I like them but they are not as quick as they should be for the power they have. I toasted one years ago in my Rover 200vi. I then pulled into a petrol station, he pulled in after me, I thought "oh oh", but he just wanted to know what was under the bonnet as he was that impressed with the way it went.

Your speed and RPM are exactly right. You might be thinking the IS will have nice low rev cruising having a six speed box but remember it's quite a large car, the power output is not huge but they still wanted to make it nippy, so the answer was a six speed low ratio box.

I think in top gear the IS200 does about 22mph per 1000rpm, so 4000rpm is only 88mph, 5000rpm is 100mph etc.

Makes sense on normal roads where you're lucky to get over 70mph.

track days only for me. there was a time where i used to rally about on the local roads guess it was that young age. you just grow out of it and realise how stupid it is.

its the 1st track day ive had in the lex i was expecting abit more on the top end than that.

track days only for me. there was a time where i used to rally about on the local roads guess it was that young age. you just grow out of it and realise how stupid it is.

its the 1st track day ive had in the lex i was expecting abit more on the top end than that.

:lol: :winky: :winky:

Flat out in an IS sounds great... The engine makes a lovely noise. I red lined mine on the A'Bahn a couple of yeas ago and the top speed is just short of 140 but to be honest I was paying more attention to what was happening on the other side of the glass than to the speed reading on my Tom Tom, the other German drivers are pretty good and use their rear view mirrors and are polite enough to move over for faster moving vehicles. The only way to go faster is to gear the car up but then you may lose a little on acceleration, so then would be the time to fit a supercharger

Indicated 143Mph on Tomtom, speedo read well into 160's.

I shan't say where, lets just say I was i a hurry :whistling:

Although there may have been a slight tailwind, but I was on pretty level "tarmac".

a hurry to beat the other people u were racing against on track :winky: :whistling:

Would anyone believe me if i said just 70mph :whistling:

I have not bothered to see what it can do, as I have not had the opportunity or the inclination yet. they do run at 80 happily all day though :shifty:

I had 160 out of my old Saab Aero though SCARY even on a track and I was still being overtaken by more expensive metal.

Heard the super charger makes no difference after about 80-90 mph.

heard wrong IMO mate

I'd be happy to prove that in a safe environement against a normally aspirated IS200 :D

That's what I thought too (agrees with Wozza) thought s/c actually increases the faster you go due to way it works?

yea vectra 2.5 v6 is putting out good few more horses and sounds sweet. kill the is200. mine has not went past 135mph on 18" wheels.

not on public roads.

He He He... Yeah but half way through the race you have to stop and put a new cam belt on the vectra :shifty: