Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuse Box Location/cigarette Lighter Fault

Ian D

Me, I'm a simple man (at least my ex-wife says I'm 50% right), so I get confused by all these electric gremlins.

My cigarette lighter isn't working on (and I presume wasn't when I bought) my IS300.

Absolutely everything else is fine.

I now need it to charge a satnav so I can take it on my bike.

I got my multimeter and checked that there is 0 volts at the supplying wires. So I got my manual out and got the fuse box location from it - next to the Battery. There aren't many fuses in there and they're all fine. So I scratched my head for a while.

I've spent 45 min going through my service manual which tells me just about everything except where the fuse box(es) can be found, but it shows too many fuses for the one box I've seen.

So, is there a second fuse box? If so, where is it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian

• 5 weeks later...
cig lighter fuse is in the RH fuse box

I have changed the cig lighter fuse but still not working, any other suggestions?

Hello mate welcome to the club, :)

Have you had a look at the wiring under the socket to make sure its still plugged in? You can pop the surround out by just giving it a gentle pull up by the gear stick and you should be able to see underneath and see the base of the socket and the connector :)

cig lighter fuse is in the RH fuse box

I have changed the cig lighter fuse but still not working, any other suggestions?

Hello mate welcome to the club, :)

Have you had a look at the wiring under the socket to make sure its still plugged in? You can pop the surround out by just giving it a gentle pull up by the gear stick and you should be able to see underneath and see the base of the socket and the connector :)

I checked and all the wires seem to be intact, so i don't know what to do next.

Thanks for welcoming me into the club.