Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 V8 Into My Is200

MeMo

sorry for the stupidity but whats the second part?

And i hope you've let the kid out of the back of the IS by now lol

That would be the Hydraulic bearing, for the clutch.... :D

and yes he is out now lol :D

May be a bit of a sensitive question but how much do you reckon you have spent on your car already? And what do you estimate the final cost to be?

sorry mate, it dont come down to cost, it comes down to haveing something that only 2 or 3 guys in the world have and at the end of it when you sit back and look at the IS when its done knowing you made IS200 V8 :D,

• 2 weeks later...
heres a bit of insperation for you :crying:

lexus

Very nice Bazza :D im so happy he is useing that V8 and not the same one as me, :D but very nice...

im hopeing to get abit more done at the weekend :) all i know this tunnel im in is F**ing long i can just about see the light :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
over the past week i have been looking at flywheels and clutches & hydraulic bearing assemblies,

I got a PM of one of the members on the V8 site that i go on, that was useing the same gearbox as me (R154) but he is now going to use the V160 (think he said) and he ask me if i would like to buy all the parts he has :) so i have now got all the bits comeing from him, flywheel + Quarter master Twin plate clutch and Bearing assembly :D

:crybaby: the guy has let me down, he PM,ed me over the weekend and said he would be keeping the setup he has now. so the items i was geting of him are not for sale now :tsktsk:

get Xmas out the way and start looking for a new setup....

over the past week i have been looking at flywheels and clutches & hydraulic bearing assemblies,

I got a PM of one of the members on the V8 site that i go on, that was useing the same gearbox as me (R154) but he is now going to use the V160 (think he said) and he ask me if i would like to buy all the parts he has :) so i have now got all the bits comeing from him, flywheel + Quarter master Twin plate clutch and Bearing assembly :D

:crybaby: the guy has let me down, he PM,ed me over the weekend and said he would be keeping the setup he has now. so the items i was geting of him are not for sale now :tsktsk:

get Xmas out the way and start looking for a new setup....

Well now you have more time to enjoy Xmas ;) and something to look forward to in the new year. I bet you've started looking already though lol...

• 4 weeks later...

well i got some work done on the car last weekend, i fitted the Rad and the intercooler, i had the bits sitting there for some time but just did not have the time to work on the car, had to make up custom mounts for the Rad and intercooler, will try and post up some pic,s soon so all can see what work went into makeing the mounts, and where the Rad sits in its new place, :)

well i got some work done on the car last weekend, i fitted the Rad and the intercooler, i had the bits sitting there for some time but just did not have the time to work on the car, had to make up custom mounts for the Rad and intercooler, will try and post up some pic,s soon so all can see what work went into makeing the mounts, and where the Rad sits in its new place, :)

Look forward to the pics mate, I do like the look of Intercoolers on cars :D

Look forward to the pics mate, I do like the look of Intercoolers on cars :D

This is going to be one very special IS...keep going, I'm finding this build fascinating

I forgot all about this build, I'll be honest I'm glad to see that you are still working hard on it mate...must be about what, 3 to 4 years you've been working on it I would think? Should be well impressive when you get it finished!

I forgot all about this build, I'll be honest I'm glad to see that you are still working hard on it mate...must be about what, 3 to 4 years you've been working on it I would think? Should be well impressive when you get it finished!

Hi mate, no its only been 2 years, but like i said before its been hard going as i was out of work for 9 months of them 2 years, + my bro was in ICU for 6 months, so things got put to one side. i have only in the last 2 or 3 weeks started to get some work done on it,

but im in no rush, :winky: (just as well lol )

fascinating mate,

excellent stuff, man sweet job you did first time round( :tsktsk: beemers) :tsktsk:

keep up the great woek dude it's an interestin read.

take it easy :winky:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, have not been on here for a long time, as i have not done much to the lex, but in the last week i have just got a set of headers for the V8 on there way from the US, they should be here next week, i will post some pic,s up when i get them,

Once i get them i can then get the turbo fitted and all the pipe work for the intercooler :) so its geting there all be it slow,