Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next Prolex-uk Project Car

Title says it all............

Few ifs involved

if the guy coming 2morrow buys the IS350

if kami agrees

I'll be getting a Altezza Gita (in the UK its the Sportcross) over from Japan.

Its the 4wd one...........comes with a 2JZ-GE motor

Got 2 I'm looking at one fully spec'd (UK spec) with 20k miles or one base spec with 60k miles but 1/2 the price of the low mileage one.........both 2001 cars.

Looks likely to be the 60k one as plan is to strip it out to use as a track day toy and maybe use in the toyota sprint series.

Initialy to be N/A maybe later to fit a Lysholm s/c with GTE block and go big bhp

Remember how Ahmets sounded and think I could live with that :whistling:

was looking at the 4wd gita a few years ago.....defo some potential, and if you pull it off.....great

but why swap to GTE block...?

????? for the rods & pistons can run serious boost immediately

tis what they do in America and works well cheaper than fitting uprated rods/pistons

initial prob is no coilovers available due to fwd...........

Title says it all............

Few ifs involved

if the guy coming 2morrow buys the IS350

if kami agrees

I'll be getting a Altezza Gita (in the UK its the Sportcross) over from Japan.

Its the 4wd one...........comes with a 2JZ-GE motor

Got 2 I'm looking at one fully spec'd (UK spec) with 20k miles or one base spec with 60k miles but 1/2 the price of the low mileage one.........both 2001 cars.

Looks likely to be the 60k one as plan is to strip it out to use as a track day toy and maybe use in the toyota sprint series.

Initialy to be N/A maybe later to fit a Lysholm s/c with GTE block and go big bhp

Remember how Ahmets sounded and think I could live with that :whistling:

sounds great :)

was looking at the 4wd gita a few years ago.....defo some potential, and if you pull it off.....great

tis what they do in America and works well cheaper than fitting uprated rods/pistons

they dont all do it......some do,

its 4wd not fwd

i think you will find that the 4wd system, cannot take "serious" boost, one of the reasons i discounted the 4wd Gita as a project...(as mentioned in the post above

coilovers can be sourced for it, ive found a company in my Altezza Hyper rev that does them

just seen in the original post you have found one in UK spec......?...how, they were never sold in the UK

they dont all do it......some do,

its 4wd not fwd

i think you will find that the 4wd system, cannot take "serious" boost, one of the reasons i discounted the 4wd Gita as a project...(as mentioned in the post above

coilovers can be sourced for it, ive found a company in my Altezza Hyper rev that does them

just seen in the original post you have found one in UK spec......?...how, they were never sold in the UK

by uk spec i mean full leather/sunroof etc.......also has keyless entry mini disc TV etc

by fwd mean front wheels are driven so shock/hub assembly is different

regarding American IS300 turbo conversions the reliable big power ones do

can't comment on strengths of 4wd system or otherwise am investigating

may be an idea for you to butt out of this thread as your comments are not helpful. I recall twas same with my IS350 where you said it could not be done.......hold on I'll just look out of my window..........yup there the IS350 is.....

erm dave.....

why should i butt out of the thread, its not like i was actually being negative.

i said the Altezza hyper Rev, has company that does coilovers for the 4wd Gita, thats helpful info

me saying i dont think the 4wd system will take big boost, is helpfull infomation.....its one of the reasons i didnt continue with the 4wd gita idea...remember we even discussed Gita 4wd's it in 2004-5 (when you used castor sugar in the coffee...lol)

i didnt say you couldnt get the 350, i said it would be very hard, going of my own past experiances with importing and if you did get it on the road ...excellent and well done...you did, and i told you so at the WIM meet

i can post in whatever thread i like

stop being a grumpy old arsey arse ;)

will you be keeping it Auto..?

is the plan/wish to make it a full track car....or road/track, like your Aristo

on a side note though, it would be interesting to see the cars weight distribution, as back in the early 90's the BTCC (TWR) volvo estates did very well on track, much better than the saloons due to weight balance

i am....actually genuinely interested in seeing this happen, more and more Altezza/Lexas are starting to be used, which, i think is great........

4wd altezza sounds good. Has this got the 3s engine in it ? Whats the running gear like ? Could it be swapped or maybe parts swapped from the gt4 as there pretty strong ? Sounds like a good project Dave.

With the 2JZ "GE" and the "GTE", is there really much difference with the strength of the internals ? Ive seen bolt on kits on IS300 with pretty big power without changing the internals to uprated items or the GTE ones.

4wd altezza sounds good. Has this got the 3s engine in it ? Whats the running gear like ? Could it be swapped or maybe parts swapped from the gt4 as there pretty strong ? Sounds like a good project Dave.

With the 2JZ "GE" and the "GTE", is there really much difference with the strength of the internals ? Ive seen bolt on kits on IS300 with pretty big power without changing the internals to uprated items or the GTE ones.

No elliot it has the 2jz-ge in it

the running gear is fairly complex from what ive seen on pics, but they were not clear, or high enough resolution to work it out clearly,(complex in how the forward transfer shaft meets the forward differential, and the proximity of that differential to, or included with the engine sump)............ but it looks like it uses a similer transfer box and underpinnings as the 4x4 Aristo also only found in japan, it looks like it uses almost the same box and transfer box as the HILUX!!

it would be alot of work to swap in GT4 parts

regards the gte, and Ge differences, the GTE has lower compression pistons, and oil squirters for under the piston skirt, and the heads are totally different, but the crank, bearings, and conrods are the same,

i agree, would be an awsome project if it happens, as it would be the only 4x4 is300 i know of in the UK........

i do know of a 4x4 Aristo

but it looks like it uses a similer transfer box and underpinnings as the 4x4 Aristo also only found in japan, it looks like it uses almost the same box and transfer box as the HILUX!!

lol i got me a hilux now,, there is a guy on the lux forums who has dropped in a 4 litre lexus lump and gearbox.