Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Or Orange

How easy/hard is it to do the footwell lights Chris.

Very easy mate, I took a feed from the ignition barrel so that they dim out with the interior light on mine, And the hardest part is just running the wiring across to the passenger side footwell but that not very hard then fitting the lamps under the dash again quite easy :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm undecided whether to change my dash lights. I do fancy blue dash lights, but I don't really like the idea of soldering on the centrol console stuff. So I wonder if it'll look odd with blue dash lights and an amber central console.

Thats 1 of the reasons i mixed mine Steve, so i had a bit of orange still on the dials and it blended in a bit with the centre console :)

How easy/hard is it to do the footwell lights Chris.

Very easy mate, I took a feed from the ignition barrel so that they dim out with the interior light on mine, And the hardest part is just running the wiring across to the passenger side footwell but that not very hard then fitting the lamps under the dash again quite easy :D

What sort of kit would be required then Chris what lamps and stuff, also I know nowt about car electrics so would it just be straight positive and negative off the ignition barrel?

I'm planning to do this shortly, have all the bits waiting just need to find time to do it :unsure:

Anyway, I've got two 24cm LED strips (off ebay) and then an inline fuseholder with 500mA fuse and a diode to protect the car's wiring.

One thing that got me thinking (and too lazy to check on the car), if you wire to the ignition barrel, do the footwell lights come on when you open the door? Or do you have to wire to the roof light (as Wozza did) for that to happen as well? I don't think it does but can't remember...........

I'm planning to do this shortly, have all the bits waiting just need to find time to do it :unsure:

Anyway, I've got two 24cm LED strips (off ebay) and then an inline fuseholder with 500mA fuse and a diode to protect the car's wiring.

Already over my head :whistling:

Yep a bit over my head too, Wozza pointed me in the right direction for the bits I needed (cheers woz :winky: )

Diode - QL73Q - 12p

Fuse holder - PC78K - 49p

Fuse, 500mA - GJ87U (10pk) - £1.49

The codes are for maplin by the way :)

Yeah they come on when you open the door, Wozza could have just wired them to the ignition coil instead but didnt realise till he'd already done it.

I have mine wire to the door switch so only the one by the door your opening comes on, not all of them.

Stav

im a little disappointed the IS doenst have footwell lights, many of my previous cars have had the holders for them but never had bulbs in, so i only found out from reading the forums. first thing i did when i brought this car was look for the space and was surprised to learn there aren't any.

You can get leds for the a/c aswell to avoid soldering i've done mine blue can't remember what size they are tho.

Did you get a set for the Aircon you were happy with?

Have you got some pics?

Here you go Stav

SS851914.jpg

And this is my dashSS851915.jpg

and your aircon was done with just led's,no soldering?

anyone tried green? if ordered some green t10's. was thinkin the 3 t5's blue and the the 2 t10's green. was thinkin could look kinda snazzy

Think that would look quite good? But you'll need 3 T10's and 2 T5's :)

cheers matey, saved me an embarrasing mistake there lol

You can get leds for the a/c aswell to avoid soldering i've done mine blue can't remember what size they are tho.

Did you get a set for the Aircon you were happy with?

Have you got some pics?

Here you go Stav

SS851914.jpg

and your aircon was done with just led's,no soldering?

Yup, just got the bulbs then changed the holders and stuck em in.

The bulbs think they where t10's, the ones I got came in little grey holders which were too big to fit into space the original bulbs come out of, so I undid the little metal contacts from around the holder slid the bulb out and put it into the original brown holders abit fiddly but easy enough to do.

Here you go Stav

SS851914.jpg

Looks good mate, job well done.

the instructions i was given was to order 3 neo-wedge type A leds and 3 type B from auto illumination, save having to remove the bulbs. can send you the link if you want

Is that the ones from My.is i sent you?

These:My.is link

They just dont look too impressive on the final picture:

interior02.jpg

Stav

yeh stav off your instructions. i agree it doesnt look bright enough but im really not confident enough to do the drilling and soldering one.

and andy, how careful are are we talking? i was all up for it until i read that lol

When you open the unit there's a mylar strip that connects the front and back I think thats what I damaged and the clock/outside temp stopped working so when you prise the 2 apart do it slowly there are 2 small clips top and bottom that just come apart you'll see these when you have the unit out of the console, I have split a few of these since my 1st mistake and never had a problem since it s just a question of taking care.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links