Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Or Orange

I really like the white illumination, would love to just turn the cluster white and leave the rest orange - but can't really be bothered to try and then find it looks horrible so will probably just stick with what I've got :blush:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the white illumination, would love to just turn the cluster white and leave the rest orange - but can't really be bothered to try and then find it looks horrible so will probably just stick with what I've got :blush:

It's really easy to do just the clocks matey and if you don't like it really easy to go back.

ok, got my bulbs n had a go. the picture makes it look too light but the colour looks alot better in the car. What you guys think?

DSC00029.jpg

That looks well u should have took it with the engine lights out 4 full effect lol

ok, got my bulbs n had a go. the picture makes it look too light but the colour looks alot better in the car. What you guys think?

DSC00029.jpg

Looking good matey :D did you do the ignition ring aswell?? :)

yeh did the ignition ring green, took me a while cus the LED was a little dirfferent n a little bigger so i had to get a knife n shave the sides.

next stop is a/c and stereo, bit nervous of that one tho

my mate has a limited edition is200 and when you open the door the panel inside the door iluminates blue. looks really cool, is this poss to do on all is200's?

Are you talking about the scuff plates? And the word "Lexus" lights up in blue?

If so those were nothing to do with the limited edition, they were just a ridiculously expensive accessory option (somewhere around £300) and yes it can be easily fitted to any IS if you can get hold of the actual part.

Aztec you are using uv coloured leds, do you get any problems with these as uv light is bad for your eyes are they really bright. i would like to uv parts of mine but dont want to be blinded while driving lol.

Only using the UV led's in the doors, ignition ring and footwell lights matey and they all go off when i shut the door/insert the key so cant be seen while driving :D

DSC00029.jpg

Looking good matey :D did you do the ignition ring aswell?? :)

Hey,

So... if I just want my speedo dial to be red, all i need is a T10 LED?? Direct fit... Id like to change the speedo (red) along with the barrel. And leave the fuel and rev gauges orange, along with the clock and a/c..

Also i looked on eBay for the led´s spoken of on this thread (inverted) but i only get hong kong, taiwan sellers.. is there nowhere closer to get them from..?

Thanks guys..

Oh ...and all those modded dashes and dials look well cool.... dont wanna be left out!! :whistling:

Also i looked on ebay for the led´s spoken of on this thread (inverted) but i only get hong kong, taiwan sellers.. is there nowhere closer to get them from..?

Try this UK seller for inverted LEDs, who I have used before myself.

Great thanks...

Diffused LED´s, right?? Are they bright enough for the dash??

Im guessing 10mm is T10... 5mm is T5.. is that correct?

I don't know about the second bit, but on the first question, no.

These are diffused LEDs :

5784_2.JPG

These are inverted LEDs :

6f3d_2.JPG

Look in the "Auto Bulbs" section for that seller's shop.

I think that "T10" refers to the size of the holder, not the LED size itself, though I'm not 100% sure and I'm sure that someone else who knows more will be able to answer this properly.

I don't know about the second bit, but on the first question, no.

These are diffused LEDs :

5784_2.JPG

These are inverted LEDs :

6f3d_2.JPG

Look in the "Auto Bulbs" section for that seller's shop.

I think that "T10" refers to the size of the holder, not the LED size itself, though I'm not 100% sure and I'm sure that someone else who knows more will be able to answer this properly.

Found them... great..

they are bright enough then??

And is it right that i only need T10´s for the speedo dial?

Thanks for your help.

Found them... great..

Aztec is the guy who's done lots on this, and could give you some great advice. I'm pretty sure he's advised that inverted LEDs is what he's used in the past, yes. I'll try and see if I can dig out a link to a thread on that, this has been discussed before. The same threads will also say about which bulbs for which dials, I think.

Edit - here we are, have a look at this thread

Found them... great..

Aztec is the guy who's done lots on this, and could give you some great advice. I'm pretty sure he's advised that inverted LEDs is what he's used in the past, yes. I'll try and see if I can dig out a link to a thread on that, this has been discussed before. The same threads will also say about which bulbs for which dials, I think.

Awe, ok...

Ill search around...

Thanks again.

Awe, ok...

Ill search around...

Thanks again.

I just found a thread which might be useful, and edited my previous posting to include the link.

Thanks...

Bought red T10´s... will post pics after they arrive and are fitted...

I never tried the red ones matey, so look forward to seeing how they come out :D

Think i'll be changing mine again soon for a set of purple with red sides or red centre and white sides like the japanese sun :whistling:

Awe, ok...

Ill search around...

Thanks again.

I just found a thread which might be useful, and edited my previous posting to include the link.

Thanks...

Well, the news aint good.. the T10´s arrived and are very very dull... :crybaby: so ordered some more after doing some indept research and these are supposed to be superbright.. though not sure if i want a red or white dash.. so bought both colours and will see how they look.. maybe a combo... gutted bout the led´s that arrived today though.... more waiting ahead...

Awe, ok...

Ill search around...

Thanks again.

Thanks...

Well, the news aint good.. the T10´s arrived and are very very dull... :crybaby: so ordered some more after doing some indept research and these are supposed to be superbright.. though not sure if i want a red or white dash.. so bought both colours and will see how they look.. maybe a combo... gutted bout the led´s that arrived today though.... more waiting ahead...

Which Led's did you buy matey and do you have a link of the ones you brought? and can you take a pic of them fitted in the dash? :unsure: The reason i ask is that if there fitted the wrong way round they wont light up so you might have 1 or 2 working or 1 or 2 not working making them look dull??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links