Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Brakes

so come on then Gordz - stand up for your views:-

You said that some of the posts were:-

"total rubbish, disinformation or based on hearsay or speculation"

so which ones, and why?

And while we're on the subject of facts, I'll think you find that the kinetic to thermal energy transfer happens across the DISCS and not the pads

well my opinion is fact i had them fitted, i also had to have the discs and pads replaced after only a few weeks because they had warped the discs.

heat is the trade of when braking, but if the pad is not made to withstand that heat range, then the surface will become heated glaze and braking effort will become less effective

i am not disputing the merits of EBC products, only that, other than the dust problem, i in my opinion belive the standerd set up is as good if not better.

as i pointed out in a previous post i have used EBC products before and although they were OK, they were not fantastic

and it is indeed the brake pad that stops a car, the disc is fixed to the hub and moves in relation to it, the interface is the pad, the wrong pad or no pads will not stop the car.

there are many technical factors that decide the difference between good and bad brakes, pads and discs are only 2 or the factors

Want to learn more.................click here

Gordz, you still haven't answered my question. You said:-

"some of the posts were:-

So I'll ask again, which ones, and why?

And for the record, I have had them fitted for a couple of years too (EBC discs and EBC pads)

Was just talking about the basics of using harder pads with standard discs - don't make me cry!! :sad:

May be right about the heat thing, but thats only presuming you have non standard discs. Otherwise you will be too hot, and get brake fade!

Also, not being funny, but at the end of the day, EBC want to sell their products, their website will reflect that. Stretching the truth is not breaking the law! Don't believe everything you read - as in the papers! Not always the truth but they can still write it!!

My point came more from the angle that I wanted to get better braking (cos mine are poo - service may sort that!) without changing the discs to save money. Why change them if they ain't worn.

GREAT NEWS people!!

The GROUP BUY for EBC disks will be posted this week.

Having finally got the prices and supplier sorted. <_<

We're hopefully looking at a set of EBC front discs AND EBC front pads costing under £200.... inc VAT!! :yahoo:

NOW THAT'S SERIOUS SAVINGS... :yahoo:

Just sorting out the carriage costs.

Roddz,

You've got a pretty little PM, which should answer ALL your questions. :)

For anyone else, there's some interesting further reading HERE

Nope - your stroppy PM doesn't asnwer my question Gordz, which STILL is:

If you are going to assert that some of the posts in this thread are:-

then which ones, and why?

I guess I'm saying "put up or shut up" matey

Also, not being funny, but at the end of the day, EBC want to sell their products, their website will reflect that. Stretching the truth is not breaking the law! Don't believe everything you read - as in the papers! Not always the truth but they can still write it!!

I never stretch the truth on anything I write online

Asam KV - The Barry White of the Lexus Owners' Club :ooh-ducky: :heart: :whistling::lol:

Matt,

You'd be amazed at the price differences I've had quoted from suppliers. From the :arrrggg-matey: to the :hocus-pokus:

It's now down to two suppliers who have matched each other.

Now just decided which one is the better.

I'll PM you personally when I've got it sorted, and post final details in the GB section.

Coming from a slightly different angle here because I believe the experience may be relevant.

I have Never knowingly had EBC on a car but I have tried many differnt kinds of EBC pads on a CBR600 bike i used to have, and there were big differences both between the different EBC pads and the Honda originals.

The best EBC pads I found were called Gold metal sintered pads (there wasn't any gold in them) that gave a completely different feel to the originals. It seemed more controlled and gave greater feedback to the brake lever, however the stopping ability was no better.

One thing though is that they wore down much much quicker than originals and so although cheaper individually, I had to use a lot more of them.

One thing I don't understand though is the brakes on my IS are standard and are the DB's, the thing stops like nothing i've ever had before with loads of feel, and in a test for the car with the best standard brakes i saw a couple of year back, the IS came 2nd. So why the need to change, after all its the tyres that limit the IS stopping ability.

I have no need to upgrade the cars braking ability - I am not increasing the power or speed of the car at all ( :( ) - so have no need for upgraded brakes (but I like the idea of wheels that are clean for > 45 minutes, and the grooved disks do look nice, as well as being necessary with the pads.)

^

||

from my first post, starting the thread off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links