Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Gs300 Sport, Won't Start Will Start

Hi All,

Can anyone help me, The problem i have is that when I put the key in the ingnition the steering wheel comes out as normal I turn the key will not start it does this 3 or 4 times then starts all the lights come on the dash, could this be the starter motor or something else i say starter but it does not make a clicking noise like other cars ive had when the starter packs in.

Thanks

Eric

Hi all,

Thanks for the tips, But she died on me today would not turnover at all, wasn't the Battery, it did turn out to be the starter motor after all £108 for a recon and £30 for fitting,

(not at a Lexus dealer either LOL) the garage said they have never ever changed a starter on a Lexus till now ( just my luck) and I thought these Lexus's were supposed to be reliable and bom proof, that's a starter and brake booster in 18 months on a 70000 mile car? £1000 spent approx, getting like the Fords and Jags ive had, but at the end of the day all cars can go wrong whether its a cheap car or a super car, but she's great to drive.