Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1995 Gs300 Sport Rear Suspension Problem

Hi All,

I am new to this site so firstly I would like to say hello to everyone.

On to important matters now. I have a 1995 GS300 Sport which I have owned for about 5 months now. Recently I have noticed that the car is sitting funny. It appears that the rear passenger side corner is sitting lower than the other three!! A friend said today when the following me to the garage that "it was a sad site, it looks like a lame dog when its driving!!". The garage have had a look and have found no visible problems with any of the suspension components.

Has anyone had a similar problem before?....is spring sag a problem (could it have lost its tensile strength and be compressing more than the other 3 springs)? It is worth noting that this corner has taken heavy abuse due to a poor road reinstatement near where I live and this could have contributed towards this issue!!

Any help, advice, or information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys.

Wayno

Thanks for the response. I did think it was a possibility, would I not need to change both the rear springs to guarantee levels?......can you recommend anywhere to get standard springs from?, as everywhere I have looked at seem to be performance springs.

I would change both personally. You might find it quite difficult to get standard springs (the sport is lowered by 25mm all round) so they are not the "standard" springs for the GS so to speak. You can try Lexus, but that has been a wee bit hit and miss from what I have read on the forum so far. I had to change the springs on my Sport, as the previous owner had standard springs put on the car to raise it up due to his drive way. I ended up getting a set of RS*R Super Down springs from Envy Performance. Took quite a while to arrive (as they have to be ordered and shipped by boat from Japan) but I was very happy with the end result. Same drop as the Sport springs. I did see (might even have been Envy Performance) selling a set or two on eBay of the same springs very recently so they may still be on there. Probaly cheaper for the full set than for a pair from Lexus, assuming you can get them from Lexus. i.e. you could end up getting the normal ride height springs, and only know it once they are on the car and it sits high. Good Luck and welcome to the LOC btw :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links