Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Installation For All Lexus Models

Haylands

Hi

Following on from this post HERE

I can now supply prices for LPG installations for all Lexus Models.

This is for a top of the range fully sequential Prins VSI kit, they are reputed to be the best on the market, they stay in tune well and are beautifully made, you will not notice any difference in performance.

See here for this kit fitted to my LS430 on LPG

See here for Prins website http://www.prins-lpg.com/en/prins/

This is for a complete conversion professionally fitted by an LPGA authorised garage.

They come with a 24 months warranty.

You will get an LPGA certificate of installation (Insurance company requirement)

Full user manual and service book.

The tank will be the biggest Toroidal (spare wheel) tank that will fit in the particular model.

For those who don't know, the petrol side is left alone, you will have a duel fuel car afterwards that works on petrol or LPG at the flick of a switch, if you leave it on LPG all the time it will start on petrol and then switch to LPG automatically after a short time, no revving up or other input is needed. When you run out of LPG the system automatically switches to petrol seamlessly and a buzzer sounds to let you know you are now on petrol, press the LPG button and then fill up at the first garage. There is also an LED readout for gas remaining.

A FREE courtesy car is supplied with all conversions. (Or a lift to the station if required)

A free 500 miles "first service" is included in the price.

These prices really are cheap and they will not last for long.

They are available if 5 (FIVE) or more people take up the offer and pay a £100 deposit.

IS 200 (all models/years)............................................£1350 + VAT

IS 250 (all models/years)............................................£1350 + VAT

IS 300 (all models/years)............................................£1380 + VAT (fitted with Flashlube*)

GS 300 (all models/years)...........................................£1380 + VAT (fitted with Flashlube*)

GS430 (all models/years)........................................... £1500 + VAT

RX300 (all models/years)............................................£1380 + VAT (fitted with Flashlube*)

SC430 (all models/years)............................................£1500 + VAT

LS 400 (all models/years)............................................£1500 + VAT

LS 430 (all models/years)............................................£1500 + VAT

There is the option of the slightly cheaper OMVL Dream kit for £100 less than the above prices if you really need a good deal.

This is still a very good system and is fine for average mileage, if more than average then you want the Prins kit

* The 300 engine has been known to suffer from valve problems, the Flashlube kit stops this happening, all other Lexus engines run fine on LPG

For the earlier Lexus cars, the LS400/Celsior and the Soarer V8 you also have the option of a cheaper single point system fitted to the same standard.

LS400/Celsior/SoarerV8..............................................£950 + VAT

Converting cars other than Lexus is fine, ask for prices.

To take advantage of this please PM me (click on Haylands above my photo and select "send message")

I will update this thread with those wanting to take up this offer

This is a genuine discount based on 5+ conversions and will not last forever

Pete

I was looking into this a while ago, the only problem is finding a filling station that does LPG near me or at least near where i work ( i travel roughly 35 miles to and from work everyday). Also do you know how much weight will be added to the car when the lpg is filled or as a standalone. Another thing that concerns me is that are LPG here to stay or will companies start investing into other renewable resources and rendering LGP obsolete?

That's a good set of prices!

Depending where you live you may be interested in opening an account with Countrywide. They've got LPG filling stations throughout the west of England, plus a couple in Wales. Most are open 24/7, you just turn up, put your key in, punch in your PIN and fill up.

Their list of filling stations can be found here.

Found this link that shows where the lpg filling stations are. HERE. From what i can see theres only a few and none of them are within a few miles of where i drive. They really need to invest more into LPG stations and making it more readly avaliable to the general public, that way it's easy for lpg users and provide awareness. BUT the down side to all this would be, if there's a huge/growing demand the price will go up and probably within a few years LPG will be as expensive as petrol!! Hence why petrol has gone down in price recentely, it's the public demand that drives the prices of things. Everyone is getting rid of their high litre cars and now people require less petrol, so the price of petrol goes down...petrol here at south east is at 92-97p a litre, i remember it was £1.04 at one point just 3 months ago. Countrywide is nowhere near me unfortunately.

This Auto Gas list omits for Cambridge alone, Morrisons in Cambourne and Shell towards Bury St. Edmunds the 2 nearest to Cambridge. There is a good chance that there my well be a local agricultural supplier and/or converter with a supply.

There is a bound map of the UK sold at gas stations for around £7:00 (bit pricey) that has got me out of trouble with my converted VW transporter.

My local gas converter has very few gas conversion customers now the petrol has gone down. He could offer the LS400 series 2 and 3 for around £850. Others might be happy to be do it cheaper to keep the business turning over. You need to check on whether prices for conversion include the tank. Most converters will have some second hand tanks if you ask.

He would only advise me to convert if I was doing at least 20,000 miles per year. It is only really worthwhile if you go for a larger tank than the donut that fits in the wheel well. Considering the huge trunk you can easily fit a seriously large one behind the rear seat.

Tax on gas is at 50% of that of petrol. This price is expected or promised to continue up to 2010 before review. (my understanding)

Hi

To answer a few of the above points

There are more and more LPG stations every week, its amasing how many there are if you look, all the maps and lists on the web are well out of date... It’s not worth getting a conversion unless you do at least 10000 miles a year, if you do this mileage I am sure you will pass near a station fairly regularly, at a 40% cost saving its worth a few miles out of your way to fill up....

The government has a rolling three year freeze on tax increases, i.e. if it puts up tax you will get a minimum 3 years notice, plenty of time to repay the cost of conversion.

LPG is a byproduct of petrol manufacturing, the amount available will always exceed demand, they burn off or release tons of this stuff every day just to get rid of it, so supply is always there and prices will remain cheap..... It’s been around half the price of petrol for years and there is little reason to think anything will change.

There are lots of people who will do cheap LPG kits, that’s not what is offered above, these are good value prices with all new equipment, fitted by an LPGA approved fitter and with a certificate that you will need for insurance purposes, using second hand tanks etc will mean you cannot get a certificate.

Pete

Hi

And just for your info this offer has very little to do with me, I won't be making any money or getting anything from it, I just got some prices as I have had lots of people ask me about this after reading about me doing mine.

If you want advice on anything particular then I will be totally honest with you, it makes no difference to me.

Unfortunately a serious back injury prevents me from doing work like this anymore. I'm alright pottering about but I'm far too slow to be of use to anyone.....

Pete

Hi

And just for your info this offer has very little to do with me, I won't be making any money or getting anything from it, I just got some prices as I have had lots of people ask me about this after reading about me doing mine.

If you want advice on anything particular then I will be totally honest with you, it makes no difference to me.

Unfortunately a serious back injury prevents me from doing work like this anymore. I'm alright pottering about but I'm far too slow to be of use to anyone.....

Pete

Hi Pete,

These prices are superb! I wish you had quoted these a year ago,when I had my Lexus GS300 converted using the Prins vsi and I paid £2000 including flash lube.

Hope all goes well!

Rishi

There are lots of people who will do cheap LPG kits, that’s not what is offered above, these are good value prices with all new equipment, fitted by an LPGA approved fitter and with a certificate that you will need for insurance purposes, using second hand tanks etc will mean you cannot get a certificate.

Also note that when you've had your conversion done, you need to send off your certificate to DVLA ( I advise you do this by registered post, as they lost mine and it cost £30.00 for a replacement one.)so they can add LPG on to your v5, making your car duel fuel. Funnily enough my insurance company didn't request my certificate, I just told them over the phone when renewing my policy, that I'd had LPG added.Nev :winky:

hi im intrested in a conversion but

can it cause problems with a is200 engine ? some horror stories about

second will it reduce price of road tax?

how about mpg?

and finaly wudnt want a hole cut in bumper any way round that ?

thanks kris

Found this link that shows where the lpg filling stations are. HERE. From what i can see theres only a few and none of them are within a few miles of where i drive. They really need to invest more into LPG stations and making it more readly avaliable to the general public, that way it's easy for lpg users and provide awareness. BUT the down side to all this would be, if there's a huge/growing demand the price will go up and probably within a few years LPG will be as expensive as petrol!! Hence why petrol has gone down in price recentely, it's the public demand that drives the prices of things. Everyone is getting rid of their high litre cars and now people require less petrol, so the price of petrol goes down...petrol here at south east is at 92-97p a litre, i remember it was £1.04 at one point just 3 months ago. Countrywide is nowhere near me unfortunately.

I don't think that list is up to date mate - my local BP has a LPG pump and has had since it was converted to a BP Connect outlet about 18 months - 2 years ago. So there are probably a lot more around than are showing on that map.

Incidentally - unless they are being scrapped, there are just as many high-litre cars around now as there were 2 or 3 years ago. They might have different owners, but they will still physically exist, and therefore need fuel!

hi im intrested in a conversion but

can it cause problems with a is200 engine ? some horror stories about

second will it reduce price of road tax?

how about mpg?

and finaly wudnt want a hole cut in bumper any way round that ?

thanks kris

Kris

Is200 engine runs fine on LPG with no problems

I think you get £15 off your road tax..... woooopy :whistling:

LPG has a higher octain than petrol, about 110 so will produce more power if the engine will advance the ignition... it also has less calorific value than petrol so you need more of it to produce the power.... It uses about 20% more LPG over petrol, this is done by increasing the injector opening times, these are measured in milliseconds, so you get the same or better performance but only about 80% of the MPG you get on petrol, seeing as LPG is about half the price of petrol you get about a 40% reduction in your fuel bill.

There are various ways of fixing the filler, there maybe room under the petrol flap or you can have a smaller one fitted under the bumper, do a Google image search on LPG filler and you will see lots of ways. In this country you can't have them inside the car anymore. A well fitted and colour matched one doesn't look too bad though.

Pete

Hi

Pete

Hi Pete,

These prices are superb! I wish you had quoted these a year ago,when I had my Lexus GS300 converted using the Prins vsi and I paid £2000 including flash lube.

Hope all goes well!

Rishi

Rishi

Prices for the kits have dropped in the last year due to production changes, also the beginning of a recession helps prices. You paid the right price a year ago, in fact probably a bit cheap....

Pete

Also note that when you've had your conversion done, you need to send off your certificate to DVLA ( I advise you do this by registered post, as they lost mine and it cost £30.00 for a replacement one.)so they can add LPG on to your v5, making your car duel fuel. Funnily enough my insurance company didn't request my certificate, I just told them over the phone when renewing my policy, that I'd had LPG added.Nev :winky:

Nev

Most insurance companies don't want to see the certificate untill you make a claim, then if you haven't told them or don't produce one they will not pay.... simple as....

Wise advice regarding DVLA,, they loose all sorts....

Pete

Pete, I am still very interested for my LS400, '95 Mk III.

As the Prins VSI is a multi point system, does this mean in the future I could have it removed from the LS400 and fitted to a 6 or 4 cylinder motor in the future, maybe it will need a different regulator and/or injectors.

Am I right to think that the 2-3 days is so that the car can be road tested, and the ECU will self learn to keep the lambda at 1.0 ?

Will the install include the software and laptop cable?

For the price you quote, you mention a spare wheel tank, will the LS400 conversion have an 84 L tank? 'cos i want a big tank, and a bit of bahing is fine by me.

Actually, is it possible to have the tank in advance and do the bashing myself?

Is there anything else I can do myself, maybe to keep the cost down?

Where will the conversion take place, post code or town please, because I think you are in the North, This will add to my cost.

Is there a "pre-install" check?

I guess any warranty claims will be sorted fine, but I am in the south, J4 on the M3.

Also, I have seen this,

http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.co.uk/crossjet_...nstructions.htm

What does your installer man think of them?

Seems like a good idea to avoid tapping into the intake manifold.

Thanks in advance....

Great prices Pete. Do you know how long the price will be available for? Christmas is nearly here and I would definately want to go for it early in the new year. I could possibly do it sooner, depending if my contract gets extended in the next couple of weeks.

Pete, I am still very interested for my LS400, '95 Mk III.

As the Prins VSI is a multi point system, does this mean in the future I could have it removed from the LS400 and fitted to a 6 or 4 cylinder motor in the future, maybe it will need a different regulator and/or injectors.

Am I right to think that the 2-3 days is so that the car can be road tested, and the ECU will self learn to keep the lambda at 1.0 ?

Will the install include the software and laptop cable?

For the price you quote, you mention a spare wheel tank, will the LS400 conversion have an 84 L tank? 'cos i want a big tank, and a bit of bahing is fine by me.

Actually, is it possible to have the tank in advance and do the bashing myself?

Is there anything else I can do myself, maybe to keep the cost down?

Where will the conversion take place, post code or town please, because I think you are in the North, This will add to my cost.

Is there a "pre-install" check?

I guess any warranty claims will be sorted fine, but I am in the south, J4 on the M3.

Also, I have seen this,

http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.co.uk/crossjet_...nstructions.htm

What does your installer man think of them?

Seems like a good idea to avoid tapping into the intake manifold.

Thanks in advance....

PM sent

Great prices Pete. Do you know how long the price will be available for? Christmas is nearly here and I would definately want to go for it early in the new year. I could possibly do it sooner, depending if my contract gets extended in the next couple of weeks.

I am enquiring and will let you know

Pete

Hi

These prices are only available up to Christmas at the latest..

A number of members have reported big problems in this thread when running on LPG without Flashlube.

There is more to valve recession than "just fit a flashlube" as I have said numerious times before, if the system is not matched to and set up correctly then damage to the engine will occur, anyone can get a car to run on LPG, getting it to last on LPG is the trick, well it's not a trick it takes time and knowledge to get it to work properly, all these one day fitting, dirt cheap prices are just that, dirt cheap, who wants that on their pride and joy.

The above prices are very good value, properly fitted, top make kits, they will not last for long, as soon as Christmas is over the prices will go up....

Pete

I'm also surprised that there isn't an LPG station near you. Living in Kent myself, I pass quite a few every day on my commute (Margate to Maidstone). The only part of Kent that I'm unfamiliar with would be Hythe/Dymchurch (the BP garage by Dover Western Docks sold it) or Tonbridge/Cranbrook/Swanley. The best price for LPG when I had my GS was Morrisons at Strood. It was worth the 10 mile diversion especially with the amount of points I earnt - I used to get a £5 voucher every 3 or 4 weeks or so.

The above prices are very good value, properly fitted, top make kits, they will not last for long, as soon as Christmas is over the prices will go up....

I'm assuming it's the prices that won't last for long? And not the kits! :winky:

I would be interested if my car was not off the road! I may be at some point, but not this year.

Like Kris, I would prefer not to cut a hole out of my wing (you mention in your fitting post that the interior plastic rim could be replaced cheaply and easily after un-installing the kit, how about the wing?) Can it be fitted somehow under the car, out of view. In the boot would be ideal, but I think I read that was not legal?

I am intrigued as to how it would affect power output though. Do you expect I would see a measurable increase in horse power at all? Will it work well with a supercharger and other engine mods? That would be an added bonus!

I'm assuming it's the prices that won't last for long? And not the kits! :winky:

I would be interested if my car was not off the road! I may be at some point, but not this year.

Like Kris, I would prefer not to cut a hole out of my wing (you mention in your fitting post that the interior plastic rim could be replaced cheaply and easily after un-installing the kit, how about the wing?) Can it be fitted somehow under the car, out of view. In the boot would be ideal, but I think I read that was not legal?

I am intrigued as to how it would affect power output though. Do you expect I would see a measurable increase in horse power at all? Will it work well with a supercharger and other engine mods? That would be an added bonus!

Hi

Options for no damage fillers are you put them on a bracket under the rear bumper, bit of a bend to fill up but that's the price you pay, you can get a filler that is pretty small in part and has a separate screw in piece for filling up, It’s like this one below fitted to the right of the tow bar, held on with two new bolts.

99-lpg-descreet-filler.jpg

LPG is 110 octane so theoretically you can run more advance on the ignition and higher boost and get a clean burn without detonation, you have to have some way of changing the settings back for petrol though, there is a system that RPI engineering did for the Rover V8 that increased the ignition advance on LPG and they got a "noticeable" increase in power, there are also several race cars using LPG now for the power benefits so it's in the early stages but very possible to get more power...

Pete