excellent work
Good job man.

You have done well.

This should be pinned.

What a beauty ! :yahoo:
Very well done :D
Excellent work fella,

Well done

Always loved this car :) so subtle and clean but looks menacing good work Patrik

Thanks a lot guys :) I just figured a few of my pictures could answer some members' questions

Excellent thread and reference.

Looking forward to the retrofit projectors!

Thanks :) So do I. I'm currently looking for a broken IS300 headlight to experiment with. A sponsor of mine have provided me with two 65mm projectors and a D2S Xenon system.

I have also found out who makes the L-tuned front bumper I've fallen in love with... it turns out that it is Toyota Japan, which is both good and bad. Since it's made by Toyota it should fit perfectly, but it's quite expensive. About £750 + shipping from Japan.

This is the bumper I'm very close to buying, I already have the L-tuned rims:

ltunedqo3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah thats the legena front end, i think it looks awesome, problem is as you said its a bit pricey but defo worth it.
Yeah the Legena as Rolex said, theres quite a few altezza's with them on. Maybe try to find a Altezza thats being broken and see if theyll ship it to you?

Thank you for the advice. Australia and NZ seem to be homes to a lot of tezzas. I think NZ is as far away as you can possibly get from here, without leaving the earth, but if I buy one second hand it might be worth it.

My projectors have been delayed a bit. Winter came and forced me out into the snow…

dsc2251fix2jy6.jpg

My summer wheels have been washed and are now hibernating in the basement, along with two sets of OEM 17” IS wheels. And yes, I do have a bathtub in my workshop :D Excellent for cleaning car parts.

dsc2012qg6.jpg

ahh domestic bliss, bits of car in the house :lol:

I bet the wife wasn't happy !!

No, really, the bathtub is in the workshop :D It sits there among welding sets, pillar drills lathes etc.

Besides, my girlfriend gets to drive all sorts of nice cars that I borrow from the dealers :P

dsc2053fixsy2.jpg

AAAAARGH!!!! *kind of like the deatch scream of C&C soldiers*

After days of searching I finally found the part number for the Legana front (08164-53010-B0). I gave it to the local Toyota dealer and asked for a quote... 29.613 kr (£2369)

I think I'll just keep looking for a second hand one. If I can't find one before the spring I will order it from Japanparts.com - £768 + shipping

• 2 weeks later...
Hay Patrik,

Love what you do with your car mate - fantastic projects with great pics and info!!

Here are a few other pics you might like of LOC members cars with the Lagana bumper on you might not have seen:

Thanks mate. You just emptied my wallet :D I've got to buy the Legana bumper soon.

Yesterday a package arrived, my stainless steel dials :) Hopefully I will be able to take some nice pictures of them tomorrow.

dsc0063fixzh6.jpg

dsc0066fixrw6.jpg

Edit:

As promised, two more pics. I will try to take a pic of the bonus stainless steel frame tomorrow.

dsc2451fixframefe1.jpg

dsc2401fixframerj4.jpg

Pictures look great as always Patrik, im glad you got your present ok.......was starting to worry as i hadn't heard anything from you??? :unsure:

Oh and i think the legana bumper is one of the best you can buy, although i like the C One version best :shifty:

Jason :P

just rang toyota for a quote on that part number for the Legana Bumper a very reasonable £1200. :ohmy:

Oh my Lord i think i need to sit down................. :crybaby:

IS that including paint or just the part ???

For that price i'd want a whole kit, painted and fitted lol...

just rang toyota for a quote on that part number for the Legana Bumper a very reasonable £1200. :ohmy:

i think that is pianted but even so i till thinks its a bit much.

i would get one in fibreglass but don't trust the stuff.

Lagana bumper is ugly man.pjuke!dont do it.even the oem is much better.

tte is the best looking at moment.

Everyone has different tastes, personally I preferred the stock to the TTE and the Legana over all three - if we all thought the same we'd all be driving around in identical cars :)

Look great mate.

as always a sterling job.

Thanks :) Without the excellent guide that came with the dials I wouldn't have made it though.

Lucky b*stard :) That's half the price Swedish Toyota dealers charge

Yep, they come pre painted in any Lexus color you want, complete with the big ALTEZZA logo.

Pictures look great as always Patrik, im glad you got your present ok.......was starting to worry as i hadn't heard anything from you??? :unsure:

Oh and i think the legana bumper is one of the best you can buy, although i like the C One version best :shifty:

I'm sorry mate :blush: I was so eager to fit them that I didn't remember to let you know. Thank you Mr. Jason :)

Lagana bumper is ugly man.pjuke!dont do it.even the oem is much better.

tte is the best looking at moment.

Everyone has different tastes, personally I preferred the stock to the TTE and the Legana over all three - if we all thought the same we'd all be driving around in identical cars :)

I totally agree with you. The TTE bumper is not ugly, but i would prefer a stock bumper with a TRD lip to it. However, the Legana beats everything :) That fact that it IS an OEM bumper makes me want it even more.

As promised, two more pics. I will try to take a pic of the bonus stainless steel frame tomorrow.

dsc2451fixframefe1.jpg

dsc2401fixframerj4.jpg

absaloute legend awsome work loved every pic

Thanks mate :) I'm glad you like it

Patrik, as always your pictures are completly stunning mate!

If you don't mind Patrik is it possible to use those photo's you have taken of the dials for future reference to show how good they can look???

Thanks a lot :)

Absolutely, mate. I'm just glad to help. About 2pm tomorrow I will take another picture. I've figured that time it will still be bright enough for the dials to shine and dark enough for them to be visibly lit. We'll see how it goes.