Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swedish Is200 Sport

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! How does it sound?

Thanks mate, it sounds lovely. It's a shallow mount sub, straigt from Rockford Fosgate and it actually sounds great for its size.

like what you did with the sub there may do the same with mine,only not sure about removing the rear seats,or how easy or hard it is,or even where to start.

Thank you :) Removing the rear seats is a piece of cake. I've probably done it ten times by now. There are only four screws holding the back. Apart from that you won't even need any tools.

Looking good what sub is that??

how far into theboot space does it come doesnt look like much space from the pictures

The sub is a 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 3 Shallow and it's powered by a Rockford Fosgate T400-2 amp

dsc2718hy5.jpg

image_1521.jpg

I'm not sure how far it reaches into the boot, but less than 6"

My new PIAA interior light arrived this morning, along with the mirror closure unit and a TRD 8" antenna. Thank you, Steve_D :)

dsc2904mr0.jpg

Concerning the Legana bumper, I discovered a fibreglass replica is so cheap I decided to buy one to use until I've found a genuine one. I did however order the genuine fog lights from Toyota, Japan, so that I have them if I come across a PU Legana bumper.

Here's a status list I just assembled to keep track of what's on it's way and from where.

statusdy1.jpg

Oh yes, I have decided to replace my rear lights again. This time with another LED version. "Lexus lights" are so played out I've decided to move on to red lights, as the ones SMJ7 recently sold :)

november200838ef0.jpgdscf0024ir6.jpg

sounds and looks great patrik!! a real work of art mate.

would love to see this car in the flesh one day - real attention to detail and high workmanship all round. credit to you mate!!

the seibon c/f bonnet will be interesting - you going to have some other carbon fibre touches around the car to compliment it?? may i ask where in the US you got it from?? i take it its an IS300 bonnet and that it should fit the IS200 without any problems??

the PIAA interior light is pretty bright!! looks great.

keep up the good work mate.

rob

sounds and looks great patrik!! a real work of art mate.

would love to see this car in the flesh one day - real attention to detail and high workmanship all round. credit to you mate!!

the seibon c/f bonnet will be interesting - you going to have some other carbon fibre touches around the car to compliment it?? may i ask where in the US you got it from?? i take it its an IS300 bonnet and that it should fit the IS200 without any problems??

the PIAA interior light is pretty bright!! looks great.

keep up the good work mate.

rob

Thank you, mate :) This summer I believe I will be able to come to one of your meets in UK. My girlfriend and I are probably going on a long road trip through Europe.

I've wanted to buy the AAC Carbon fiber A-B-D pillars for a while now and I probably will, but apart from that I don't think there will be more CF details. However, I think I will be able to make the CF bonnet blend in quite nicely. Firsly, it will be painted like this (without the air vents):

JohnG013.jpg

That dark shape will match my black headlight clusters and my new front bumper, as the lower middle part will be painted black

banner19ke9.jpg

I just picked up my rear TRD skirt. I had it painted to follow the theme of silver/black

dsc2913bl6.jpg

It should look like this when fitted

47317976jz5.jpg

Can't wait to see it all done mate, will be very nice indeed :)

Thanks :) I'll keep updating this topic with a lot of pics.

I've never liked that TRD rear lip personally, but with the middle section painted black it looks a lot better IMHO.

I agree. I actually wanted to get the TTE rear skirt, but when I got this idea about two colors I changed my mind. Now it's decorated, as well

dsc0051bn1.jpg

Everything spot on as usual mate,

hope you can make a meet in the UK, what about JAE?

Be good to finally see the car in the flesh.

JAE sounds great! I've read a bit about it and it seems really nice. When is it, and where? :unsure:

what is the base like on the sub as thinking of getting one or maybe 2 of these to maximise space etc or maybe buy the subs and manufacture my own box to hold 2 hmmm

I have never had a car sub before, but in my opinion It's really nice. As mentioned before, this speaker is designed to be fitted in a small box and Rockford Fosgate seem to know how to make a sub sound nicely :)

Yesterday my Legana replica arrived from UK

dsc0038fixku6.jpg

I wasn't quite as happy when I had unpacked it. It fitted so badly that it wasn't even possible to let it "hang" in its proper position. I had never worked on fibreglass bumpers before, but I fetched the machines and tools I though were the right ones for this kind of job. After a few hours I was actually quite proud of myself.

Now the bumper fits rather nicely. I will leave it at the paint shop on monday and hopefully my fog lights will arrive before it's time to fit the bumper. They left Tokyo yesterday :)

However, I won't quit searching for a second hand genuine one. This fibreglass replica is just a temporary solution.

dsc0080ho4.jpg

dsc0076kf3.jpg

dsc0076croprr6.jpg

That actually looks a great fit now - did it take you long to get it to that stage?

I'm not so sure about the mesh behind the bumper though - is that something you'd added or did it come with that?

You certainly don't mess about :D

very impressive mate, keep up the top work :)

Thank you, mate :) I certainly will

That actually looks a great fit now - did it take you long to get it to that stage?

I'm not so sure about the mesh behind the bumper though - is that something you'd added or did it come with that?

You certainly don't mess about :D

Thanks :) It took quite a while, actually. I'm glad fibreglass is so easy to modify.

The bumper came with the mesh. I will remove and have it powder coated black to match the sports grille and to make it look as similar to the real thing as possible:

legana1dq0.jpg

I've just realised the reason I didn't notice the mesh before was that it is black and on the one they've sent you it's silver and more pronounced!

Love your work though mate, you've got serious skills!

Are you going to paint the roof black to carry that look throughout the entire car?

I've just realised the reason I didn't notice the mesh before was that it is black and on the one they've sent you it's silver and more pronounced!

Are you going to paint the roof black to carry that look throughout the entire car?

that would look smart

that would look smart

Well, I've actually been in contact with a company that specializes in 'covering' things with carbon fiber weave. As the IS200 roof has got very distinct edges they say they can CF it. I'm tempted but I'm not sure yet. We'll se when after my bonnet has been painted and fitted :)

That would look great - someone joined Club Aristo lately with a white IS with the roof blacked out - guess vinyl would also be another option but it looks like this:

attachmentdj6.jpg

Not the greatest of angles but looks really good I think :)

JAE sounds great! I've read a bit about it and it seems really nice. When is it, and where? :unsure:

The exact date and venue haven't been announced yet, unfortunately. But keep an eye on the "Club Meetings" forum where there are a couple of threads on the subject. As soon as the date/venue is announced I'm sure it'll be posted up there.

Looks great mate, must admit you do a good job of everything you try.

personally i think you should remove the grill and have a nice big intercooler behind it ;)

Stav

Thank you, mate :) I do my best, but sometimes I believe that my camera helps a bit in making things look better :)

That would be nice indeed. I'm just waiting for the next supercharger to pop up for sale ;)

Looking great as ever mate :D Where did you order the bumper from in the end Patrik? :)

I bought the bumper from EPracing.co.uk, through eBay, and it's only £195. For that kind of money I guess you can't really expect a perfect fit.

Before I bought it I sent them an e-mail, asking about the fitment. They sent me an honest reply, telling me they had just sold ten of these kits and one of their customers had complained about how it fits.

The exact date and venue haven't been announced yet, unfortunately. But keep an eye on the "Club Meetings" forum where there are a couple of threads on the subject. As soon as the date/venue is announced I'm sure it'll be posted up there.

I will keep my eyes on the JAE threads, then. Thanks :)

The day after I finally fitted my bumper I spent a few hours modifying the middle part so that the grille fits as it should. I see now why many replicas are being sold with their grilles integrated.

Yesterday morning I left my bumper at the paint shop and I really hope it's done on friday. The same morning I picked up a package from Japan. My fog lights from japanparts.com had arrived after just four days.

dsc0086rx6.jpg

This is what's included:

dsc0088ub8.jpg