Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost My Lexus Rx300

abele

I need help i went away with my mrs for her birthday on friday cameback Sun nite and my Lexus was not there. i left it on my drive before we left, i rang my inurance company they got back to me4days later saying my car is not stolen, becos nobody can drive it without the keys and that was what they were told by TOyota and Lexus

Yep first job is to report to police. I can't understand what the insurance company said, but maybe they said it because it's not on the stolen register (if you haven't reported to the police)

Speak to you neighbours too and ask if anyone saw it being taken away on a tow truck or something.

*EDIT* Just noticed there are three concurrent threads on this, perhaps one of the mods could merge them into one in the most appropriate forum?

I genuinely cannot believe the response of some Insurance companies - 4 days to get back to you? And then with that kind of carp - I'd go ape. I have a low tolerance for stupid.

Sorry to hear about the predicament, but report it to the Police and then go back to them with the Crime Report # - thats officially recorded as stolen and they have to then treat it as such. But you are aware of the 30 day rule from Insurance Companies etc. right?

In any event, check your policy, see if they can keep you mobile. Can't imagine why anyone would want to steal an RX?

Best make sure ours is safe!

That's Bull. Cars get lifted all the time. My mates Saab was last week - he saw it on the back of the truck! (Police got there in time luckily)

You do have a crime number don't you? I can't see how they can dictate that at all.

you are a luckyman Churchill Insur will not pay me any help or can you tell me how you went about with yours, this is my story'' i was driving home on monday nite from my new madams(galfriend) house she lives 20miles from me had a flat tyre on the dual carriage so parked up took a taxi home, went back next day to fit new wheels and lo and be hold some f##kers torched by baby and Inusrance said i shd have break down assistance and it wont be covered even though i have a full comprehensive insurance Churchill insurance is rubbish''

:whistling: so 2 new members in 24 hours, both with insurance issues? I was always under the impression that insurers would not pay out on a stolen car unless it was still unrecovered after about 1 month, and certainly not after 3 days Abele.

I also find it hard to believe that a company such as Churchill would refuse to payout because someone does not have breakdown cover-or are there other issues which are not being disclosed by you Kinpin.

When my car was stolen a few years ago, after a few days the insurance company were saying they would sort out a settlement value and get back to me. Then a few days after that they found the car so it never went ahead, but they had started talking about the settlement almost straight away.

:whistling: so 2 new members in 24 hours, both with insurance issues? I was always under the impression that insurers would not pay out on a stolen car unless it was still unrecovered after about 1 month, and certainly not after 3 days Abele.

I also find it hard to believe that a company such as Churchill would refuse to payout because someone does not have breakdown cover-or are there other issues which are not being disclosed by you Kinpin.

That could be that Abele & kinpin are the same person or possibly they work together and are disgruntled employees of a certain insurance company and share the same IP address :whistling:

Topic closed I think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links