Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Leaving The Lexus Fold.....

swfcdan

Well after nearly 4 years of ownership of my IS200 I am now leaving the Lexus fold. I considered looking at a new IS, but for some reason, I didn't have that urge to go and get one.

I'd like to say thanks to all that have helped in the past. I'm still going to keep coming on here, even if its only to watch you all bicker in the Iphone thread! :D

All being well, I’m selling my car to a member on here (ill let them disclose themselves, should the wish) and wish them muchos happy motoring.

Onto my new car….

I’ve decided to go got a new Mercedes CLC 180k Sport. I think its one of those cars that’s not to everyone’s taste, but more importantly to me, is that I really liked it. B)

Here are come pics….

clc180ksport001xs6.jpg

clc180ksport002fp5.jpg

clc180ksport003zo4.jpg

clc180ksport005qr5.jpg

clc180ksport006jz9.jpg

It’s basically and updated version of the old coupe, so doesn’t share the new chassis of the new C Class unfortunately.

I’ve read several reviews and most of them are a bit harsh if you ask me. They say its not great to drive (I think that they are getting at the fact that it’s marketed as a sports coupe, but doesn’t really have sports car handling), but as a cruiser its great. In fact I think it drives and rides better than my IS. It comes with decent standard kit such as, leather seats, auto wipers, auto mirrors, auto headlights, parking sensors, cruise control, Bluetooth stereo/phone kit, iPod connection etc and for the deal I am getting I’m really chuffed to bits.

Lets hope i don't regret moving from the Lexus brand have have lots of reliability issues.......

Nice motor mate, what is the build quality like on Mercs nowadays, I've heard its a lot better than a few years ago.

I did consider a C180 sport saloon (W202, 1998 model) before an IS200, but I found the build quality was :tsktsk:

Stick around on the forums, many ex-lexus owners do.

cheers guys.

@ Kam -I too have been in one of the old style ones and like you say, build qulaity was VERY poor, cheap and tacky.

The new mercs really do seem to have come a long way. The interior in this feels top notch and really well bolted together, not to mention that there seems to be hardly any use of plastic inside.

I suppose only time will tell how good the qulaity is. I hope it lasts like my IS. The interior on that is like brand new still, despite it getting on to nearly 10 years old! Only when changing cars has it made me realise how good the 1st gen IS is.

When they were being bought brand new, when they first came out, they really must have been miles ahead of the competition in terms of quality.

what happened to the z4?

my 220d will be going in march, i have decided the tax will be due as well as the 30k service and the insurance in may,

its on a pcp which is up in oct 09 so i will be getting shut a bit early and using the wifes fiesta and one from work for a few months then will probably get a boxster or z4 depending on the work situation

what happened to the z4?

my 220d will be going in march, i have decided the tax will be due as well as the 30k service and the insurance in may,

its on a pcp which is up in oct 09 so i will be getting shut a bit early and using the wifes fiesta and one from work for a few months then will probably get a boxster or z4 depending on the work situation

Bit of an impulse buy to be honest! I saw it, liked the look of it, test drove it and before i know it i'd bought it!

I've got to admit that despite being a huge fan of the new c-class, I'm not a fan of the CLC much - but as long as you like it good luck with it!

I think you'll be fine reliability wise, the new mercs are pretty well built, the finish isn't quite perfect yet but it should stay together ok :)

Interesting choice buying a manual Merc though..........

I never thought much to the old model of those but the new one is nicer by far. They did a great job of designing the front but I can't help thinking the rear looks like a smacked arse. Those big gaping tail lights just look disproportionate to the rest of the car. Having said that if that's the worst thing that can be said about them they're doing ok.