Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Tank ?

R. iMTY

It does depend on how fast you are going to travel, which obviously depends on time of day & traffic conditions etc.

I would guess on a single long run doing about 65mph you will get 350miles, possibly 380-400 or so.

It does also depend on how heavily laden the car is with passengers and luggage etc.

I just broke my own record last weekend, when I drove 862,2 km (535,7 miles) on 61,73 litres (13,4 gallons) of petrol, that's an average of 39,5 mpg, with three people and quite a lot of luggage in the car. With that same consumption you could theoretically get 608 miles on a single tank :)

dscn1709fixau8.jpg

dscn1710fixli2.jpg

I just broke my own record last weekend, when I drove 862,2 km (535,7 miles) on 61,73 litres (13,4 gallons) of petrol, that's an average of 39,5 mpg. With that sort of consumption you could theoretically get 608 miles on a single tank :)

Wow ! :ohmy:

That was using snow mode, as per your picture, right ?

I just broke my own record last weekend, when I drove 862,2 km (535,7 miles) on 61,73 litres (13,4 gallons) of petrol, that's an average of 39,5 mpg. With that sort of consumption you could theoretically get 608 miles on a single tank :)

Wow ! :ohmy:

That was using snow mode, as per your picture, right ?

That is correct :) I also found out that if you drive in the 'slip stream' of big trucks you consume even less, but they tend to get really annoyed after a while.

'slip stream' ?? whats that then :unsure:

Some drivers have been known to draft behind other vehicles, particularly tailgating larger vehicles, to save fuel. For example, hypermilers using this technique can achieve 75 mpg or more . Some sources say that the most common tailgating does not save gasoline even at freeway speeds because one is likely to accelerate and brake so frequently that any aerodynamic savings are lost through the brakes . On the show Mythbusters, drafting behind an 18-wheeler truck was tested and results showed that traveling 100 feet (30 m) behind the truck increased overall mpg efficiency by 11%. Traveling 10 feet (3.0 m) behind the truck produced a 39% gain in efficiency. Of course, they warn that this type of driving "is insane" because the truck's blindspot is in that area, and if the truck stops quickly there is much less time to react .However, since trucks simply cannot stop quickly because of their mass it is much safer (and more efficient) to draft behind a large truck than it is to draft behind a car or van.

formula one and most racing cars do it no to save fuel but to gain a few extra mph to overtake the car in front on a long straight.

just remember to be smooth on the accelrator and brakes!

we go from liverpool to london afew times a year in a 04 ls430 got around 28mpg from that

gs300sport we have cruised at 70mph liverpool to manchester, managed 25.5mpg.

should get mid 30`s from the is

i use this aswell mate

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

where abouts in liverpool u goin?

just remember to be smooth on the accelrator and brakes!

we go from liverpool to london afew times a year in a 04 ls430 got around 28mpg from that

gs300sport we have cruised at 70mph liverpool to manchester, managed 25.5mpg.

should get mid 30`s from the is

i use this aswell mate

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

where abouts in liverpool u goin?

waaaw thats good mate, thanks alot for this link too ! I will be using this alot more from now on.. See the thing is, im only 23 & wen I see other drivers right up my a$$ it makes me feel like im going to slow & that I should let others pass all the time during none motorway driving so local. I end up accelrating abit more harder then as it makes me feel very discomfort knowing b'cos of me people are held up!

The heart of liverpool mate, ANFIELD... U NEVER WALK ALONE

:winky:

is right mate,

we are travelling the opposite way this weekend, Liverpool to London in the ls430

gunna see what we can get out of it, will give snow mode a go aswell

best we`ve had is 440 miles and the computer was saying over 60miles. not bad. for a 4.3 v8

• 4 years later...

i did 260 miles on snowmode used jus under 50quid had still about 25 quid left in is that good?? 260 miles for jus under 50 quid my old car was focus 1.6 and use to 260 miles in that teeside to wycombe and use to use 60 quid and me lexus is 2.0 did on snowmode less then use to do on focus was very impressd made me luv my baby-(LEXUS-) more lol :) :shruriken: :driving:

• Like 1

I love seeing old threads brought back to life. Lol.

The IS200 is a great car and you should be able to see a return of 350 miles from a full tank, to the fuel light, without out too much difficulty. I've been able to pass 500 miles on a tank while traveling to and around Scotland, but I drive quite consciously aware of my right foot.

The link in my email signature will take you to a website called Fuelly. Here, I have been charting my miles travelled and fuel used since buying Zorro in January. My average MPG is 31.6MPG, but I think that is quite high compared to most other IS200 owners.

• Like 1

I love seeing old threads brought back to life. Lol.

The IS200 is a great car and you should be able to see a return of 350 miles from a full tank, to the fuel light, without out too much difficulty. I've been able to pass 500 miles on a tank while traveling to and around Scotland, but I drive quite consciously aware of my right foot.

The link in my email signature will take you to a website called Fuelly. Here, I have been charting my miles travelled and fuel used since buying Zorro in January. My average MPG is 31.6MPG, but I think that is quite high compared to most other IS200 owners.

ur about rite i do about 35 mpg if on snowmode i probly get 40 mpg :)

AND old threads still have life in them lol just like our sexy lexys jus need bringing back to life people not all but most come here for help its understandable but shud keep site alive too :) u the only one added me as a frend on site few i added but waiting for request aceptd back lol well its late imma go zzzzz talk to ya all tmrw :) :hohoho: