Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Complaint Customer

Tony-Bones

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to go "against the flow" here.

A good disclaimer will protect your company from later claims made through the courts so good idea.

It won't stop you or WIM being "slagged off" on public forums if some ***** wants to do it because you said "it went wrong and you signed the disclaimer so sod off" A Hole #1 will resort to "slagging off".

Know what Wozza is saying and who he is talking about, he has a disclaimer and a bad reputation now on the forums, so it is a fine line between customer relations and "taking one from behind".

You really should get an 'airtight' disclaimer (like someone else you know), just for self protection mate,

many members of LOC know the high standard of your work as we have been paying customers.

We know you are customer satisfaction driven, with the highest professional standards in the industry.

It is just being prudent to protect youself...

You know what wozz i never thought i would need to have a disclaimer other than the road/ Drift cars we set. We have the equipment to save us from damaging wheels and the extra software on the Geo, so i felt safe.

Can you do me a favor, i cannot post images here so can you post the image of the bent damper i've posted in wim> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=3631&hl= just so members can see how bad we was and what cost me £400 plus a potential £100 for the garage bill and fuel, plus the lost business while Tony was working on his car.

Here you go Tony :)

bentstrut.jpg

Thanks for that...... Now i know we are responsible for the bend but can you see how insugnificant it is!!.... The threads at the top aren't even distorted so the lock nut run down them without any problem..... I don't know, it's a done deal now and he's had his £400 worth of compensation, and like i said he's not welcome back "whatever".

I would have told him where to get stuffed when he asked for fuel costs. Like you say, every business has its fair share of morons who are just out for everything they can get and for some people whatever you do simply will not please them.

You were more than reasonable - maybe even too generous.

It's definitely worth putting a disclaimer on - all the fancy equipment in the world can sometimes make a mess of things and a small 'get out clause' could save your bacon one day.

The disclaimer must not seem too "forward" as in the end what it should say are things like "consent for repair works to undertake without notification" then specify a limit...

Other things like a mid stage "further remedial works consent" with a brief explanation of items that will take place and concequences... then a signiture from the party.

Dont have one that says... we wont accept any liability for anything that happens.. etc as it will scare more off than solve problems..

In the end have a little camera always at hand and photo the job quickly before undertaking the work... little things but small insurance policies non the less

Maybe time to put this thread to bed?

Tony you don't want to come across as the aggressor, his user name has been mentioned and now there's pics of the car, i don't see anything positive being gained from continuing but there's definitely a chance that it'll get worse and you don't deserve any bad press....

just chalk it down as lesson learned you won't be stung so easily again ;)

just my take on it :)

Wow, that's some impressive customer service there, I don't see it as bad press as Tony's gone way beyond what I would have thought as reasonable compensation for what happened. If I wasn't sure about going to WIM and read that, I'd be pretty confident to take my car there in the knowledge that if anything did go wrong, it would be put right with no hassle.

That's part of the reason why Lexus got to where they are, and while it seems Lexus have started slipping at some dealers (according to reports on here), it's nice to see that Tony's picked up the torch!

Well done :)

Maybe time to put this thread to bed?

Tony you don't want to come across as the aggressor, his user name has been mentioned and now there's pics of the car, i don't see anything positive being gained from continuing but there's definitely a chance that it'll get worse and you don't deserve any bad press....

just chalk it down as lesson learned you won't be stung so easily again ;)

just my take on it :)

I hear what you are saying..... I never mentioned his name and that's not his car... My point with this thread was to hear members views on how i handled this complaint, good or bad.

I am a member of their forum but i have refrained from any comments since like you say it would only invite argument's.

"Lesson learnt"..... Indeed!!

tony has done an awsome job.. i had a customer in a similar way..

He brought a car in for an install.. i gave the quote he was happy..

Dropped the car off for a week to get the install made etc...

Day one was supposed to be stripdown, run wiring.. get full dimensions and start building..

Was shocked to find botched job after botch job in the areas i was due to work, called him and said i would get it sorted as as people had blatently been ripping him off in the past..

Spend 2 full days rectifying the problems and damage other people had caused..got on with the build.. documented everything.. cleaned up the second hand Genisis & jl audio equipment that he brought in for me to fit (was in a bad state & he had paid more second hand than if new)

the deadline was for a show, called him two days before to say that although i could get the install finished he would have to bring it back for final wiring etc to which he agreed.. i would have had it done were it not for the rectification works which i undertook (at no extra cost)

He took the car away really happy... then against my phonecall he took it to a local audio shop (the ones who supplied him the s/h audio) who convinced him that the boxes would explode as i had not put a piece of MDF between the double inverted sub box (even though the design had been aproved by the JL audio engineers.....).. so they RIPPED and i do mean ripped it all out...and this box was excessively well fabricated and sealed... smashed a piece of MDF into the box.. charged him £100 for the privilage! then proceeded to connect the wires.. again the wiring was 90% complete but i had not terminated to amps and batteries... but had ensured that all earths etc were perfect with multimeters... i had run everything in 0 gauge wire too..so it was more than capable of running 3 genisis amps..

they then charged him £180 as i had not earthed at all... so to demonstrate this lack of earth they showed him how the sterio didnt sound perfect (they adjusted all the levels wrong) but where he was dim he didnt realise that if there was no earth then the amps wouldnt have worked at all..... so they "earthed it" and returned the levels to normal...

in the meantime they damaged everthing.. the metal work, the install.. carpeting/trimming etc..

He believed their word for gospel even though physics would prove otherwise... so in haste i agreed to do some extra work for free to make him happy.. fearing bad press at the hands of this bad audio retailer. made not a single bit of proffit on the job in the end.. and he still sat there bad mouthing my company quoting the physicaly impossible scenarios that this audio company had told him with which to extract further ££££

I lost about £10k worth of pre booked jobs also due to it...

from then on i always kept online photo logs of all jobs.. so people could see what i did publicly and never had anything after that.. lesson learnt.. dont help retards!

The problem when you are dealing with idiots is they dont understand reason (or apparently physics).. they have mouths the size of dustbins...

And tony has done the right thing in a way.. its a shame it has cost him.. but it was a damage limitation exercise.. and so far so good.

sorry for the ramble

tony has done an awsome job.. i had a customer in a similar way..

He brought a car in for an install.. i gave the quote he was happy..

Dropped the car off for a week to get the install made etc...

Day one was supposed to be stripdown, run wiring.. get full dimensions and start building..

Was shocked to find botched job after botch job in the areas i was due to work, called him and said i would get it sorted as as people had blatently been ripping him off in the past..

Spend 2 full days rectifying the problems and damage other people had caused..got on with the build.. documented everything.. cleaned up the second hand Genisis & jl audio equipment that he brought in for me to fit (was in a bad state & he had paid more second hand than if new)

the deadline was for a show, called him two days before to say that although i could get the install finished he would have to bring it back for final wiring etc to which he agreed.. i would have had it done were it not for the rectification works which i undertook (at no extra cost)

He took the car away really happy... then against my phonecall he took it to a local audio shop (the ones who supplied him the s/h audio) who convinced him that the boxes would explode as i had not put a piece of MDF between the double inverted sub box (even though the design had been aproved by the JL audio engineers.....).. so they RIPPED and i do mean ripped it all out...and this box was excessively well fabricated and sealed... smashed a piece of MDF into the box.. charged him £100 for the privilage! then proceeded to connect the wires.. again the wiring was 90% complete but i had not terminated to amps and batteries... but had ensured that all earths etc were perfect with multimeters... i had run everything in 0 gauge wire too..so it was more than capable of running 3 genisis amps..

they then charged him £180 as i had not earthed at all... so to demonstrate this lack of earth they showed him how the sterio didnt sound perfect (they adjusted all the levels wrong) but where he was dim he didnt realise that if there was no earth then the amps wouldnt have worked at all..... so they "earthed it" and returned the levels to normal...

in the meantime they damaged everthing.. the metal work, the install.. carpeting/trimming etc..

He believed their word for gospel even though physics would prove otherwise... so in haste i agreed to do some extra work for free to make him happy.. fearing bad press at the hands of this bad audio retailer. made not a single bit of proffit on the job in the end.. and he still sat there bad mouthing my company quoting the physicaly impossible scenarios that this audio company had told him with which to extract further ££££

I lost about £10k worth of pre booked jobs also due to it...

from then on i always kept online photo logs of all jobs.. so people could see what i did publicly and never had anything after that.. lesson learnt.. dont help retards!

The problem when you are dealing with idiots is they dont understand reason (or apparently physics).. they have mouths the size of dustbins...

And tony has done the right thing in a way.. its a shame it has cost him.. but it was a damage limitation exercise.. and so far so good.

sorry for the ramble

its a good example really. Small business and independants have to go beyond the norm as its word of mouth that spreads reputation and one bad review can undo alot of good work. Mind you if i were you i would have called in trading standards on the other audio company if their work was that shoddy, but then i'm vindictive :shifty:

This geeza sounds a right :tsktsk: ing :tsktsk: nt ,and are you sure you bent the top mount or was it like it already and that's why it wouldn't budge,but what I really want to know is how the :tsktsk: ck do you deal with :tsktsk: ers like this all I'd want to do is drag him round the back for a taking the :tsktsk: lesson especially after he asked for fuel money,but maybe thats why I'm a truck driver having anger management therapy :D

This geeza sounds a right :tsktsk: ing :tsktsk: nt ,and are you sure you bent the top mount or was it like it already and that's why it wouldn't budge,but what I really want to know is how the :tsktsk: ck do you deal with :tsktsk: ers like this all I'd want to do is drag him round the back for a taking the :tsktsk: lesson especially after he asked for fuel money,but maybe thats why I'm a truck driver having anger management therapy :D

:offtopic:

nah its the 3 miles of traffic stuck behind you on a single carriageway that needs the anger management therapy

Blimey..... calm down.

I wasn't there when the work was being done so i have to assume we bent the thread, i'll take that on the chin weather we did or not, it's the other demands that mad me angry.

If i get his addy would you park your lorry tyre on is foot for me :)

how did heating it up bend it ??

why not just re-straighten it ?

I think Tony used to much "leverage", hence the bend... and yes heating it up again would have worked fine..... Or even rotating the damper shaft to centre the top nut in the mount would have worked.... But the owner wouldn't have it?

:offtopic:

nah its the 3 miles of traffic stuck behind you on a single carriageway that needs the anger management therapy

Are you having a pop at me and truck drivers :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links