3. Clutch judder to some extent

4. I'd prefer a bit less road/engine noise

Perfect car otherwise.

Nowhere to hang a handbag

Vanity mirrors too small to put makeup on whilst driving

Pink not a standard colour

Oh, and those alloys!

That's proper tickled me reading that :D

I don't know if you lot have ever tried it but I found that applying RainX to the back window worked well - I've not had a back wiper on my last three cars / since 02 so never really miss it now!

It could do with another 50bhp.

Too high, especially the rear should be lower, Sport obiviously not as bad as SE. (I so need to lower mine :crybaby: )

Scratches far too easily inside and out.

Still turns heads more than most other things on the road even tho it's 10years old this year, I do really love my car.

no rear wiper?

good shout

i also like heated front windscreen. my 15year old mondeo had this, amazing feature

I think Ford own the rights to the heated front screen :duh:

is it really? never knew that, its a pity as its an amazing feature, misty windows gone in literally 2 seconds from the press of a button

is it really? never knew that, its a pity as its an amazing feature, misty windows gone in literally 2 seconds from the press of a button

I don't know if the newer ones are better but years ago those screens used to bother me with nighttime driving, when I got the headlights of oncoming cars I could see the elements in the windscreen and it distracted me. So I've always avoided Fords. Shame because it is a great feature :)

I don't know if the newer ones are better but years ago those screens used to bother me with nighttime driving, when I got the headlights of oncoming cars I could see the elements in the windscreen and it distracted me. So I've always avoided Fords. Shame because it is a great feature :)

Me too. I've never driven one with a heated windscreen, although I sat in one as a passenger once (one of the original ones). I too was worried about the effect of looking through those wires, e.g. if they'd be migraine-inducing or similar, and I would have avoided a car with a heated windscreen to be on the safe side.

Mrs Mole has a S reg Puma and has heated front screen and you only notice it if you are looking for them.

When you are driving you are foucesing on the road much further infront so you do not see the wires.

Yes my focus had a heated front screen it was great and on a cold and frosty morning it cleared in secs.

Well things i dont like about the is are there is no arm rest in mine it really needs one might fit one. Also i dont like the 1st to 2nd gear change and i think the badge in the middle of the steering wheels should be chrome but that is picky lol other than that i love it.

Oh and i hated the original gear knob i think its hidious so much so i replaced it with one out of a mondeo which looks far better, has the right gate on the top and is more comfortable to use

1. The enermous numberplate reccess on the boot, looks really really silly.

2. The way the wheel offset/stud pattern combo is pretty unique to the IS making buying aftermarket wheels a nightmare.

3. The way that a constant line is followed by the reccess in the bottom of the rear bumper and then along the bottom of the door but the front bumper is smooth.

4. Rear way too high on non-sport models.

5. The rear lights. I wish they were just red like on most cars. They were novel 10 years ago but have been ruined by the boy racer scene.

All of the above I tend to fix on my car!

And finally 6. The way you cant see the back of the boot when reversing (not that you can on most saloon cars so guess that a bit weak!)

Although the good points far outweigh any of the niggly bits!

1. No reversing sensors on my sportcross (but had them fitted when i bought it+ id be lost without the rear wiper) :lookaround:

2. Wing mirror controls not being illuminated (should they be) :question:

3.Poor covers on locking wheelnuts (had 2 nicked but when i went into my local lexus dealer they told me i had to buy nuts+covers as a full set)

:crybaby:

1 - Handling

2 - Engine notewhen revved

3 - Fuel economy caused by the excellecence of the above. I just can't help revving the engine when I pull off or driving in a spirited manour most of the time. Just had to out 2 new tyres on the back because of it.

Just can't stop driving my Lexi,lol

Gazza

I was being ironic, if the handling wasn't so damn good I wouldn't be spending so much on tyres on fuel. My car was set to the wim settings in the summer and i've loved it since. Same with the engine note, just love blipping the throttle wen I pull off.

Sorry to upset,lol

Gazza

I was being ironic, if the handling wasn't so damn good I wouldn't be spending so much on tyres on fuel. My car was set to the wim settings in the summer and i've loved it since. Same with the engine note, just love blipping the throttle wen I pull off.

Doh, I should have read point three properly ! :blush::lol:

I was having some fun revving my engine yesterday too :D

it was originally the power for me,but then i solved that with a supercharger.I went to bmw as a result but never sold the car and im glad i havent.Its now standard again,but its the most reliable and by far the comfiest car i own.Every time we need to go shopping the family want to go in the IS200 and i have to agree cos its such a great lazy everyday car in town,especially with the auto box.Ive got an 02 plate IS200 and have no rattles whatsoever and no creaks,whereas with my 2002 M3 and 2005 M5 they creak and rattle as if they are going to fall apart.My lexus has 98k on it now and ill never sell it becuase its so good.

I would agree on the fuel economy, but if you want a sports sedan then I suppose that is one of the obvious down sides.

Otherwise I would have liked the Altezza RS200 setup in the Lexus range - 2l, 4 cyclinder, 154kw / 206hp with the 5 speed tiptronic. I had one in New Zealand and would definitely say it is faster than the IS300 and of course much more economical with the 2l 4 cylinder. It was actually Yamaha factory tuned as with the up and coming IS-F to give you some idea of its capabilities. My IS300 can do 97km in 2nd, the RS200 could clear 120km in 2nd and push 180km in 3rd.

Otherwise I've never had a single complaint about the original IS.