Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

Thought not :whistling:

Anyway from what Phil was telling me at santa pod, James (i think) has done lots of work on this engine in the past (way over 300bhp) so with the work he has done to Phil's car it is making 300bhp no problem :D

Do the the math...also go to each website................

if as you say its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over 300 bhp lets see the dyno....I've pointed people at where mine are.....also will pay for his car to go to germany to do a top speed shoot out :whistling:

Or santa pod (did the car do a run ?........ think my is350 did a 14.1 (Can't find the slip & it was damp)

Or any track day.......even in my 270 bhp 1992 jalopy :whistling: or the IS350 or the wifes bog standard mr2 ZZW30 :blush:

Please read my post :whistling:

Proof........................simple really

Two hopes Bob Hope & No Hope

Pleased to run against it at any track day in the soarer/350/mr2

must drive there & home again :whistling:

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zzw30 ie a mk3 mr2??????????? they are slower than two weeks in jail with big bubu as your cell mate they destroyed the mr2!!!!!!like the other cars though.

Yeldarb hows the car going now?pics of the engine bay want too see the beast?

Sorry just letting Prolex spout off for a bit, not worth entering into a conversation with him.

Car is 100% perfect and is just going in for its MOT. No dyno chart because only an idiot would dyno a NEW engine with a NEW clutch. Best to let it bed in first before a dyno session. All the leading tuners recommend this, in fact THOR refused to dyno it because the engine is so new.

There are plenty of vehicles running 3sGTE's with 300+ power, I went for a ride in one only last week - 348bhp on standard internals and been at that power 2 years now, we have said FROM THE START this is an ESTIMATE I would be happy with 280 to 300.

The car is in fact FOR SALE RIGHT NOW (I have bought a new business and could do with the money - and it is a LONG way from the UK so running a heavily modded car which only does 30-35mpg on a run is probably not wise, PX considered) so if you want to buy it Dave and dyno it yourself go for it, you wont believe the price I will let her go for. I am in the UK for this week and then away for a week in the sun contract signing............. TGT have the car at the moment as they are sorting the MOT.

Thats life.

Swapping the UK for a sunny country, work 5 months take 7 months off, sacrificing a car is no hardship :D

Good buy Rip Off Britain. hello sun, sea, sand. I have worked far to hard for to many years and made enough £'s to semi retire IF this deal goes through not bad far a 34 year old.

Sorry just letting Prolex spout off for a bit, not worth entering into a conversation with him.

Car is 100% perfect and is just going in for its MOT. No dyno chart because only an idiot would dyno a NEW engine with a NEW clutch. Best to let it bed in first before a dyno session. All the leading tuners recommend this, in fact THOR refused to dyno it because the engine is so new.

There are plenty of vehicles running 3sGTE's with 300+ power, I went for a ride in one only last week - 348bhp on standard internals and been at that power 2 years now, we have said FROM THE START this is an ESTIMATE I would be happy with 280 to 300.

The car is in fact FOR SALE RIGHT NOW (I have bought a new business and could do with the money - and it is a LONG way from the UK so running a heavily modded car which only does 30-35mpg on a run is probably not wise, PX considered) so if you want to buy it Dave and dyno it yourself go for it, you wont believe the price I will let her go for. I am in the UK for this week and then away for a week in the sun contract signing............. TGT have the car at the moment as they are sorting the MOT.

is the engine new ?

has it been rebuilt ?

is it a standard engine ?

i thought it was already bedded in, judging that you were going to run it up at santa pod, and have been racing evos !! :whistling:

It wasnt new, but was rebuilt.

TGT were apparently running it in when it went back when the tubby went. so should have been run in at the pod.

think the internals are still standard yes.

Its all in the thread Bazza.

It is now well "run in" and was going to be raced at the pod and a power figure obtained on the rollers but things didn't quite work out that way though. Next time?

Just for the record it was quicker than a standard 2002 Scooby STi 0 to 100, gives you some idea what it can do.

• 2 months later...

Gearbox will have to be changed as the original one has an annoying rattle that gets worse as the 'box gets hotter, I think it is the main input shaft bearing??? not to worry a replacement 'box was only £50 from eBay, from an Altezza. Or I have found a Supra 6 speed, just want a fitting cost as I am sure its not a straight swap.

It has been on a dyno but the manifold air temp sensor was found to be faulty and as a result the ECU thought the manifold air temp was over 250C therefore a true power figure was not obtainable as the timing was suitable retarded and power is affected by this...... Oh boost was only 1 bar alsoso again not a true figure. I could post it up but no point, I have another dyno session next month.

Top speed of the IS200 is now 150+mph we had it on a runway and the GPS clearly showed 154MPH, then I bottled it as the rear felt VERY light, and the revs were rather scarily high but not on the limiter..............

Sorry must add SPC Horsham (Ike and Phil) run the dyno - top guys and VERY knowledgeable.

• 4 weeks later...

No not quite gone yet................. House is currently being renovated, its a real hassle doing things like this from the UK, flying to the sun once a month to look at a building site, tough life I lead!!

Back on topic:

SPC are involved because I was completely fed up to the back teeth waiting for an appointment to get the tuning sorted out, and the gearbox swapped over (main input shaft bearing rattles), I have been waiting patiently since before JAE (which was great I may add). We are now in fact putting an altezza RS200 gearbox on and this moves the starter motor to where Monster Matt said it should be, under the intake manifold. I have no idea what the gearing will be, I don't know if there are different gear ratios in the RS200 box? but the TRD modified RS200 LSD currently on the car really is great at launching the car anyway so its not an issue really.

There are lots of other things we are going to be doing to the car, one is in fact changing the inlet manifold to one that is designed properly to maximise the BHP available - again one of Monster mats comments way back in the build - he was 100% correct, bet he gets fed up being right???

I have a feeling the new inlet manifold is going to be based on an uprated Nissan 200 turbo one, as it is the right shape and size only the runners will need changing - they nearly mate up anyway but the bolt holes are a bit different.

There is a new rear spoiler going to be fitted also one of the large RS200 ones, just as soon as I can get a boot lid without a spoiler on already, in platinum Ice so I don't have the expense of welding and spraying the existing boot lid, as the lip spoiler mounts in different places to the new one.

The sound system is almost finished also............

• 5 weeks later...

Putting on a properly designed intake manifold instantly released 30 BHP. From 244 to 274 BHP

Having someone who knows how to map a car properly brought the power to 286, a bit low for the mapper to be happy with as it was a known 300BHP map, on a good engine.

Exhaust was removed to see why the power was down on expected, suddenly it hit 325 BHP:o Thats better :D

Changing the exhaust system (Turbo back) to a 3" straight through stainless one with a Prodrive back box from a Scooby STi (good for 350 - 400BHP+ and sounds awesome) and we have 301BHP with 280 Torque dead on target :yahoo: :yahoo: :devil::driving:

So Thank you SPC Horsham for re-building this car from what it was to the monster it is now, and giving me what I wanted from the start of this project, you guys are simply the best. Shame the original build didn't live up to my hopes and expectations.

• 3 weeks later...
Proof........................simple really

Two hopes Bob Hope & No Hope

Pleased to run against it at any track day in the soarer/350/mr2

must drive there & home again :whistling:

Proof you wanted then proof you shall get. Although I never said way over 300 I said 300 was the target.

dyno.jpg

Done loads of miles now, can't seam to stop driving!!

The oil temp is a clear 20C lower than before.

There is no black soot from the exhaust now, could be because of the new inlet manifold?

The water temp is so low it takes ages for the stock water temp gauge to start to move and never goes past 1/4 on the gauge, before it was running over 1/2 on the gauge, and the engine bay is substantially cooler. I will take a look at the actual temp tonight - need to plug the Apexi hand controller back in.

The engine no longer hits the power steering ram on right hand bends, all vibrations have been cured.

All oil leaks have been cured.

No longer rubs on speed ramps.

Oil smell has gone.

Gars slip into place and reverse is easy - before the wife struggled to get reverse it was that tight.

Things are looking great - heres me running away to touch some wood.

I can't thank Wayne, Ike, Jamie and the other lads at SPC Horsham enough for this vast improvement. I love my Lex again.

SHE IS NOT GOING TO BE SOLD

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links