Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cars Being Stolen

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

Guys and girls be careful as cars are being stolen off driveways.

I do not wish to worry people but in some case they are breaking into house and they are taken the car or cars with anything of value from your home.

I received a letter from the local police, they hand delivered it to my house.

All you can do is hide your keys and if poss park the cheapest car at the front of your drive, this is what was recommended to me.

On the forum someone lost there car yesterday....

when i had my D40 navara (new shape) i had 3 different attempts to steal it before i realised they would most likely come back for the keys.. so i had to sell it before they decided to take the next step.... for that i hate the scummy damn pikey *****.... as i loved that truck more than life its self.. but family must come first!

three weeks later a family down the road had their house invaded for the keys of their navara!

As the car companies make it harder to steal thier cars the further they put our safety at risk.... such is life

Guys and girls be careful as cars are being stolen off driveways.

I do not wish to worry people but in some case they are breaking into house and they are taken the car or cars with anything of value from your home.

I received a letter from the local police, they hand delivered it to my house.

All you can do is hide your keys and if poss park the cheapest car at the front of your drive, this is what was recommended to me.

On the forum someone lost there car yesterday....

Top tip for anyone going away at Xmas and leaving the car behind. Before you go open the bonnet and remove the lead from the igniter pack then take it with you. Unless they are going to tow it away its going nowhere

I recomend to put your keys away in a small lockable container out of sight or a small safe. Or, take them with you. That's what I do. There is only so much you can do though. Thanks the good lord himself for gap insurance.

i would rather they broke in and just took the keys... i woundlt fancy being clubbed on the head whilst made to get keys out of a safe, or my family in any danger.. thats what insurance is for.

yeah also take gap insurance.. that rules.

but get the insurance online, its half the price.

I imagine there are two main types of theft of cars. One being the opportunist one, e.g. the thief can see your car keys through the letterbox/window and appears to be able to break in relatively easily to get them. Putting your keys out of sight would I imagine make most of these guys look elsewhere.

The other one being cars that are stolen "to order", i.e. the higher-end cars that are stolen and probably shipped abroad by organised gangs. If I had a car like that (I doubt that a 1999 IS200 would be high on their list) then I think I'd leave the keys out of direct sight of the window (to deter the casual thieves) but put them somewhere that they'll easily be found if someone does break in (so they don't have to resort to violence against me to try and get the keys).

You could also get your local freindly auto electrician to put a hidden switch in the fuel pump supply lead.

Flick this on exit and you can even give them the keys, they will not go anywhere..........

or get the alarm im ordering, less than £200 notes. when the car is driving away, simply phone your car, call them a bunch of ******s through the speakers, then press a button on your phone and cut the fuel and lock the doors and informs the police!

You can also just fit a switch on the power lead to the fuel pump.

Hide it away somewhere then when you leave your car turn it off.

They steal your keys and the car starts then shortly cuts off. They hopefully wont come back in asking what the problem is and you've already rang the police.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links