Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stainless Steel Items Feedback

Mr Mole

Recieved mine today at 1.15 pm today. :D

Got the Rad pannel and the suspension covers. B)

They look great and again thank you Steve and Chris for all of your hard work and time to make this happen for the members on here :excl: .

Would have replied to the original post but for some reason it would not let me, saying I did not have permision to reply :question: :question:

Would have replied to the original post but for some reason it would not let me, saying I did not have permision to reply :question: :question:

Thats possibly because its now in the GB archive

I have made this the feedback thread for the items so everyone can post up their views etc :D

I'm kinda struggling to clean mine up (after removing the plastic). I'm using Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, which does the job fine. The problem is that the engraved part of the surface (which is where most of the residue is left) is quite rough, so attempts to wipe it over with some sort of cloth or similar leaves bits behind which catch on the rough bits.

Any ideas ?

I'm kinda struggling to clean mine up (after removing the plastic). I'm using Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, which does the job fine. The problem is that the engraved part of the surface (which is where most of the residue is left) is quite rough, so attempts to wipe it over with some sort of cloth or similar leaves bits behind which catch on the rough bits.

Any ideas ?

i used blue roll on mine, but i dabbed rather than wiped.

Maybe a fingernail to get the stubborn bits moving...

Not sure how strong the Autoglym tar remover is compared to the autosmart stuff (which is trade only and comes with a health warning! )... but your welcome to some of my stuff if you need it

Did you get the suspension cover today?

I posted on the GB archive earlier however here is the picture of mine, sorry the camera isnt great - but still shows how great it looks :)

dsc04297eze9.jpg

wow looking really good there... very nice.. makes me miss my IS200 sooo much.. anyone wana swap an IS300 for a GS300

Picked my Tower Covers and Rad Panel up from the Ace on Saturday. Not fitted them yet as I really want to clean up the rad brackets first (like what Steve D did to his in the pic below.........was that Hammerite Steve ?)......... Started to clean the shiny bits with Meths and Alcohol wipes, same prob as Steve but they are getting there and I'm well happy with them both.

So a huge thank you to Chris for making these availiable and working his butt off to get them out in time for Christmas. To Steve for all his help with the money transfer and keeping an eye on the thread, and to Wozza for the help with delivery to the Ace.

Cheers Guys

Keith

Picked my Tower Covers and Rad Panel up from the Ace on Saturday. Not fitted them yet as I really want to clean up the rad brackets first (like what Steve D did to his in the pic below.........was that Hammerite Steve ?)......... Started to clean the shiny bits with Meths and Alcohol wipes, same prob as Steve but they are getting there and I'm well happy with them both.

So a huge thank you to Chris for making these availiable and working his butt off to get them out in time for Christmas. To Steve for all his help with the money transfer and keeping an eye on the thread, and to Wozza for the help with delivery to the Ace.

Cheers Guys

Keith

Hi Keith, yes it was silver hammerite - need to get all the rust off first though otherwise it'll just go rusty again! :)

are you doing it outside?

if so the cold really wont help... if your wife isnt home... put them in the oven at gas mark 1 for a little while... but keep an eye on them...

Got my Tower Covers yesterday,( fitted them in the dark last night, couldn't wait) love em, Just wish i would have got the panel also.

A big thanks to Chris & Stevie for all the hard work & hassle,

Cheers guys.

Tommy

are you doing it outside?

if so the cold really wont help... if your wife isnt home... put them in the oven at gas mark 1 for a little while... but keep an eye on them...

Nah, I was doing it inside. It's just me and the cat here, so I can do what I like lol.

It did eventually dry by late last night. Will try and finish it off today using thinner coats !

The oven is not a bad idea if I end up running out of time again though !

if im spraying metal parts.. i normally pop them in the oven for ten mins to get them nice n warm through.. then paint the,.. seems to make the paint stick soo much better..

I posted on the GB archive earlier however here is the picture of mine, sorry the camera isnt great - but still shows how great it looks :)

dsc04297eze9.jpg

wow looking really good there... very nice.. makes me miss my IS200 sooo much.. anyone wana swap an IS300 for a GS300

Try this guy on eBay, for swap for is300 270251577196

thats actually not so bad that car.. bout £2k could see it up n running again... was looking at a IS200 that has a pace destruction order on it... (police and crime evidence).. was going for about £550.. would provide a decent amount of donor parts too.. apart from the rad etc...

cheers for the link

thats actually not so bad that car.. bout £2k could see it up n running again... was looking at a IS200 that has a pace destruction order on it... (police and crime evidence).. was going for about £550.. would provide a decent amount of donor parts too.. apart from the rad etc...

cheers for the link

No problem Chris, you know me, always here to help :winky: not rip anyone off :D

Has anyone had trouble getting the bolt in the centre of the radiator panel to fit ?

On Steve D's picture, it looks like he's got his in ok, but that bolt seems to be helping to hold the main air duct down (just to the right of the air duct, looking from the front). Though I could be wrong, it's hard to tell from the picture. On my car, that bolt isn't attached to the air duct, so I wonder if its position changed slightly depending on the model year ?

It's dark now, but when I get a chance to do this properly in the daylight (might not be till Boxing Day), I'll post a pic to show what I mean if I'm still having trouble.

Has anyone had trouble getting the bolt in the centre of the radiator panel to fit ?

On Steve D's picture, it looks like he's got his in ok, but that bolt seems to be helping to hold the main air duct down (just to the right of the air duct, looking from the front). Though I could be wrong, it's hard to tell from the picture. On my car, that bolt isn't attached to the air duct, so I wonder if its position changed slightly depending on the model year ?

It's dark now, but when I get a chance to do this properly in the daylight (might not be till Boxing Day), I'll post a pic to show what I mean if I'm still having trouble.

I had to wiggle it about a bit to make it fit but it lined up ok in the end.

Here are before and after pics of my engine bay. I'm pleased with the way that the radiator brackets came out when I re-painted them.

Before :

IMG_2418.jpg

After fitting radiator panel, suspension tower covers and re-painting radiator brackets, with new stainless bolts to hold down the rad panel :

IMG_2425.jpg

Here's the problem with the middle of the rad panel. I don't think that any manner of fiddling about is going to move this enough to make it fit. Or am I wrong ? Take a look at the edge of my air duct in the pic below, do some cars have a bolt holding this down ? (I think that's something I've seen in photos, but am not 100% sure).

IMG_2427.jpg

Steve........try loosening off the other bolts, leave them in their holes but loose, then try inserting that missing bolt again, you may just get enough room/play.......then tighten all the bolts bit by bit going from one to another.

Keith