Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Super Charger Belt

Ok went out for a blast tonight and when I'm in 3'rd gear sitting at about 2000 rpm and I put my foot right down, the car is a bit slugish gives you the feeling you should change down a gear. Could this be the belt slipping and if so can you over tighten the belt. Or has it something to do with the fueling.

Mr Mole

have quick look if belt is loose - should be fairly tight and is easy to do, cant really over tighten it unless u try very hard.

Will have a look in the morning mate , just wanted to know if you could over tighten it and if so could it do any damage apart from snaping the belt. :whistling:

I didn't think even with the SC fitted the IS had much grunt in 3rd at those revs anyway? You want to be keeping her higher up in the rev range really, the IS is always quickest when kept on the boil in the sweet spot from 4k rpms upwards from what I remember?

I didn't think even with the SC fitted the IS had much grunt in 3rd at those revs anyway? You want to be keeping her higher up in the rev range really, the IS is always quickest when kept on the boil in the sweet spot from 4k rpms upwards from what I remember?

Yes I know that, its just seamed to splutter a bit if you know what I mean.

Like it was going to cut out. and not smooth like it should be

Yeah that does sound like the belt there then fella - other option you can try is pop to a motor factors and buy some belt slip - nothing to lose if you're going to change the belt and it's always a handy thing to have :)

shouldnt need any belt slip products really if the belt is in good condition or tight enough, if it is a new belt and tight i would check the belt and pulley for any contamination.

If all if ok and it slips then somth else is wrong.

Sometimes i get a "low spot" around 3K where nothing happens then it suddenly picks up but its not the belt, i find from 3.5 to 4k upwards the car really pulls. Also check that all the pipe clamps are secure as they work loose after a while... make this part of your regular servcie schedule!!!