Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Started Project Is300

r34liner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you doing any engine mods to go with all these cosmetic mods too fella or leaving it as is?

was gonna supercharge it like b15urp has done, but then thought turbo route as you get more bang for your buck, its already got 6-2-1 manifold on, can-com, hks silent exhaust, decat, kn filter, iridiums, light weight pulley set, just concentrating on body as it goes well enough and its perfect to drive

Oh right that'll be bang on then, was following Mike Morse when his was similar, no cancom or lightweight pulleys and that was rapid as it was!

I'd probably leave it like that as I guess you already know introducing FI can be a whole world of pain when it goes wrong and as I'm finding out :lol:

It's worrying when you think you could be in a bad mood one day, floor it from a standstill and lose your license 5 or 6 seconds later in the wrong car!

how ever you want, no tyres on rear, think one of the fronts wheels is kirbed, but you can get replacment lips or polish it out with some wet n dry, i will hav a closer look when i get em out of loft

Ok matey will wait till you've had a look at them :) Thanks :D

£4800 left mate so whats next :lol: :lol:

how ever you want, no tyres on rear, think one of the fronts wheels is kirbed, but you can get replacment lips or polish it out with some wet n dry, i will hav a closer look when i get em out of loft

Ok matey will wait till you've had a look at them :) Thanks :D

£4800 left mate so whats next :lol: :lol:

:lol: i brought another set of wheels earlier today as well :winky: :lol:

was very nervous when skyline ate a denso iridium plug, my arse nipped when it went on to 5 pots nervous time, only been in two days, striped it down with crossed fingers, replaced pistons anyway for wossiner 2.6 as a matter of course n more grunt, seen as though it was striped, polished n ported too,

was very nervous when skyline ate a denso iridium plug, my arse nipped when it went on to 5 pots nervous time, only been in two days, striped it down with crossed fingers, replaced pistons anyway for wossiner 2.6 as a matter of course n more grunt, seen as though it was striped, polished n ported too,

Bet that was awesome mate! Always wanted a Skyline or a Supra but worried I'll kill myself so this was a compromise! Admittedly I guess not much of a compromise but it seemed ok in my head at the time :)

Bet that was awesome mate! Always wanted a Skyline or a Supra but worried I'll kill myself so this was a compromise! Admittedly I guess not much of a compromise but it seemed ok in my head at the time

at least thats wat you told the missus!!! lol

skyline is for my arse only, no kids eating greggs pasty allover your pristine interior, no women kurbing your alloys or wrecking your sound system listening to take that and high school musical at full pelt!!!

p.s when do i get my gold member tag???

Think you just have to wait for Steve, the admin to come and modify your account, he's usually on late at nights, or at least that's when I see he's on!

As for the mrs, no chance, one took my IS for a drive and ripped a chunk out of the Blitz splitter that had been fitted and sprayed weeks before - was not happy!

Same as you now mate, my car, my rules, if they don't like it they can eff off :D Then again that's probably why I'm single now but I love it :D

What you gone and done now?!

I got a lucky escape from the last one, think she's finally taken the hint as I didn't get a text at Xmas thank God :D

If I make it past 1am on NYE I know I'm home free and can take another one home safely :lol:

Agreed this is a really interesting thread, does anyone know of any other restoration/rebuild threads on here? In fact I think this could even be a subject worthy of it's own seperate forum heading.

I find reading about project cars really interesting and a good way to learn about our lovely cars, I'm the first to admit I'm an utter noob when it comes to mechanics, but the more I read about peoples projects the more confident I am that I could one day tackle some of the smaller maintenance issues. As for those of you who are already well versed in the depths of your IS then it would just be interesting and good reference material.

What do you think forum administrators, is it worth having an individual sections all about project?

• 1 month later...

hi all just a quick update,

everyone has different styles, i loved my lexus before modding it, just wanted something unique to me, that stood out and i think i will achieve that by the time its finished in march 2009

project has been on hold for a while, found out our lass is pregnant! its a labour off love, the car is coming along nicely, just waiting on the wings to be louvred then its gonna be painted, e46 bmw rear lights are in and working, make the car look totally different from the rear, waiting on a few bits from the states, just dying to get her finished, to all those that were interested in my old wheels heres a few pics, please do not remove as i am gold member

DSC04062.jpg

DSC04065.jpg

DSC04066.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04062.jpg

heres a pic with tte chicanes on and ksport coilovers, handled like it was on rails, untill the goodyear gsd3's deformed (wearing looked like tyres were under inflated, outer edges gone) after a manufacturer fault had them replaced foc with brigestone potenza re050's, what a difference, car felt even more stable and planted a high speeds, no sudden veering across the road like the goodyears used too.

060.jpg