Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Folding Mirrors

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning chaps. well nearly afternoon :). i have had a email bk about the pulse timer i found on eBay. this is the reply i got

Hi paul,

Yes, this timer board can be started with a + ve input pulse.

My variable timer which I have for sale can be triggered by a +ve pulse as well, if you wanted to vary the time period more precisely.

regards

Bernard

so i am guessing this would do the job

So this would just be a connect the wires up and off you jobby then yeah?

Only thging to be added would be a switch and fuse on the live feed to turn it off with?

It looks that way yes. Oh, and a box for it!

Just make sure you are certain with the relay connections though.

Geoffers thanks for the advice and help. I have been thinking you need to get power to switch it on. could you run live from the interior light with a inline fuse to switch it on as it has a time setting for it to turn of aswell. cause you will open the door to get out which will then turn the unit on close the door and lock it which then should fold the wing mirrors in. would that work :-s

well you chaps have helped me enough times. so thought i would give something back :-). what is difference from the 1 i found and the variable timer one that he is also selling. you can also get a box for a extra 2.95

On the one he is selling, the increments are set. On the variable it is more precise. This won't matter that much for the mirrors but if you are doing more in the future that is triggered from this then it may do. If they are the same price, you might as well get the variable one.

Geoffers thanks for the advice and help. I have been thinking you need to get power to switch it on. could you run live from the interior light with a inline fuse to switch it on as it has a time setting for it to turn of aswell. cause you will open the door to get out which will then turn the unit on close the door and lock it which then should fold the wing mirrors in. would that work :-s

Good idea but I wouldn't do that that because you need to draw nearly two amps for the mirrors and the output to the lamps comes from the cabin ecu - the current drain would be too much for it really. Plus, it switches off when you set the alarm.

There are a couple of live feeds under the dash. Let me dig out a few pics and I'll post them here.

thanks alot mate. i will order the variable 1 as they are the same price and would like full closure on my windows aswell in time and guess this would help with that. i am new to all this electric side of things. stereo's, amps, ps2 and tv's in cars i am fine with. might need some info on how to wire this up. have got the step by step guide that some 1 put up :). redz i see your from the midlands aswell. were abouts are you from.

Ok, I only have one picture (the most awkward power to pinch from).

The easiest one is if you look under the kneeguard and back up towards the ignition (easier with the kneeguard off) you'll see a large thick white wire with a red stripe. That is a nice meaty Permanent 12v.

Here's the other one that is more difficult but again, a nice meaty perm. 12v. The thick white wire.

power1.JPG

well that pic you have put up will be the best 1 to use as that is also were the box would need pluging upto for the wingmirrors :). you really know your stuff thanks alot for the help :). how would i add more on to the timer at a later date like full window closure

well that pic you have put up will be the best 1 to use as that is also were the box would need pluging upto for the wingmirrors :). you really know your stuff thanks alot for the help :). how would i add more on to the timer at a later date like full window closure

Here you go mate -

CLICKY HERE

well i have got mine aswell turned up yesterday. 1 of the lads at work (when the work shop is quite) is fitting mine for me so will ask him to take some pics and see if can make up a guide to help people.

That would be great Paul thanks :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links