Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Folding Mirrors

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wicked. going to order me one asap.

if a guide of how to wire this new box in then that would be great.

did i hear someone mention this could be used for a full closure mod? would i have to buy another relay or can u do it all from the one?

cheers

neil

did i hear someone mention this could be used for a full closure mod? would i have to buy another relay or can u do it all from the one?

Yes, you can use it for the full closure but you will need to solder on a couple of wires to the back of the relay coil. These will be the feed for the other relays that you will need. You can't do the lot from one relay - it would short a couple of different circuits.

Here you go chaps.

This is based entirely on the book that came with the timer unit. (Redz kindly scanned it in). I can accept no responsibility on this at all. It is someone else's timer, the electronics I have no control over. If your car turns purple, etc. don't blame me.

Have a look at this and see what you think. As ever, DO NOT be tempted to even check it without an inline fuse on the power! When you are testing, make sure every door is closed, boot, bonnet, etc. or the alarm won't switch on (No, I'm not going to name the numerous people I've had mail me about that one - you know who you are :lol: )

It appears as if there is no earth. This is normal - it picks it up from the footwell mirror supply earth.

Set the timer to about 8 seconds and there you go!!

Have fun and keep us informed. Oh, one final thing - make sure you test your internal sensor after this is all finished.

timer1.jpg

Here you go chaps.

This is based entirely on the book that came with the timer unit. (Redz kindly scanned it in). I can accept no responsibility on this at all. It is someone else's timer, the electronics I have no control over. If your car turns purple, etc. don't blame me.

Have a look at this and see what you think. As ever, DO NOT be tempted to even check it without an inline fuse on the power! When you are testing, make sure every door is closed, boot, bonnet, etc. or the alarm won't switch on (No, I'm not going to name the numerous people I've had mail me about that one - you know who you are :lol: )

It appears as if there is no earth. This is normal - it picks it up from the footwell mirror supply earth.

Set the timer to about 8 seconds and there you go!!

Have fun and keep us informed. Oh, one final thing - make sure you test your internal sensor after this is all finished.

timer1.jpg

Superstar Geoffers!!

cheers mate!

Hi All,

Fraid this isnt working for me, popped my 1, 2 & 5A fuses now i'm out of fuses :(

Its all wired up per the diagram so i'm not sure whats going on, the mirrors still move fine even with it all connected.

Is the Alarm trigger a negative signal? I never saw any power coming from the wire i'm on although that shouldnt cause the fuse to blow?

For testing purposes only i'm taking my positive supply from the Battery with a long wire.

I believe so, I'm abandoning for the night but when i get home from work i'll have a double check of the wiring, i put numbers on each wire so i could identify them easier.

Hi All,

Fraid this isnt working for me, popped my 1, 2 & 5A fuses now i'm out of fuses :(

Its all wired up per the diagram so i'm not sure whats going on, the mirrors still move fine even with it all connected.

Is the Alarm trigger a negative signal? I never saw any power coming from the wire i'm on although that shouldnt cause the fuse to blow?

For testing purposes only i'm taking my positive supply from the battery with a long wire.

Nope, the alarm signal is positive. Even if it was negative it would be ignored because it is held low anyway.

At what point does it blow the fuse? As soon as it is switched on or when you try and set the alarm?

I don't mean to insult you but you did cut the wires to the mirror in the footwell didn't you? I remember someone installing one who didn't - they just joined them on.

Do you have a meter? Would you meter the relay connections in case they are wrong on their printed diagram?

I just did another wee test there before i leave, I powered up the board with a lab DC power supply then another positive across to the alarm trigger the amps spiked up way above 2 amps usage on the power supply unit? (this is a bench test away from the car)

The footwell wires were cut - yes :)

As soon as i applied an alarm trigger supply the fuse blew

I just did another wee test there before i leave, I powered up the board with a lab DC power supply then another positive across to the alarm trigger the amps spiked up way above 2 amps usage on the power supply unit? (this is a bench test away from the car)

The footwell wires were cut - yes :)

As soon as i applied an alarm trigger supply the fuse blew

Ok, it has to be something odd like the relay connections are different to the ones they have on the diagram they supplied or something like that.

Did you take the power supply outside and have the rest still attached to the car or was this done on the bench with nothing on the footwell or mirror connections?

Would you take a photograph and post it please? A picture says a thousand words and all that.

Ta

Steve, not sure if you are getting the emails back from me but Those pictures of yours are spot on. Nothing wrong there.

I've also looked up the speccy of that relay and the connections appear correct.

Ok, so that leaves a short (possibly where the wires go through the box - so tight it has bared the sheath?). You can easily test by not having it connected to the car when you try it.

Or, a wiring mismatch within the car itself. Any chance of a photo of it in the car? I understand its a bit chilly at the mo so you don't want to go connecting it up. I'm not suggesting anything here Steve so please don't be offended - I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for all the help Geoff, i did bench test it away from the car not connected at all to the car & when i said the lab DC supply went well over 2A what happened was i think 2.5+A came up on the display the unit started clicking inside & two lights illuminated C.C & C.V I think this means coarse current & coarse voltage but i'm not 100%. I'm going back to work at about 9am where i have access to a nice heated workshop so i'll have another try then :)